The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best detection potions?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
My stamblade needs some sexy detection pots. The combos for stam builds looks a bit weak though. For example I can only find a detect and increase weap crit. I would LOVE detect + increase crit + increase damage but there simply aren't any :( There's a magica version - detect + spell crit + spell damage, so it seem a bit harsh not having a stam version.

So what detect combos do you run on your stam builds?
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    Detection + Immovable + Max Stam/stam regen is my favorite potion for fighting other nightblades. It's only one I would use when already in combat, though, as it's got expensive ingredients (though you could certainly pop it when moving away from your group to res a player, especially if they got ganked).

Outside combat (like when stalking/keeping an eye on enemy players lurking around keeps), I go with the super simple one with the longest duration I can make.
    Edited by wolfwraith37 on July 27, 2017 6:48AM
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detection + Immovable + Max Stam/stam regen is my favorite potion for fighting other nightblades. It's only one I would use when already in combat, though, as it's got expensive ingredients (though you could certainly pop it when moving away from your group to res a player, especially if they got ganked).

Outside combat (like when stalking/keeping an eye on enemy players lurking around keeps), I go with the super simple one with the longest duration I can make.

Ahhhh that's more like it! Thanks Wolf. What are the reagents for the detect/immovable/stam pot please?
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »

Ahhhh that's more like it! Thanks Wolf. What are the reagents for the detect/immovable/stam pot please?

There are none. Detect+immovable is best detect potion, it comes with 3rd effect of magicka which is ok I guess.

Also, not to get confused by what @wolfwraith37 said, all max lvl detect pots have same duration
    Edited by SodanTok on July 27, 2017 9:20AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Baranthus wrote: »

There are none. Detect+immovable is best detect potion, it comes with 3rd effect of magicka which is ok I guess.

Also, not to get confused by what @wolfwraith37 said, all max lvl detect pots have same duration

Ahhhh right, thank Sodan! :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

There is one combination that squeezes out a little more time. Something like 15 secs vs 16. I'd have to look up the ingredients.
    Kavesh - Stamblade
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the potion that gives more time it's a passive in the alchemy tree that gives the user more time I believe it's medicinal use passive
    Edited by SugaComa on July 27, 2017 3:48PM
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    If you use 3 regents with detect attribute, you get max length. They changed one of the regents a few updates back, making triple detect possible.
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    detect pots are wonderful. the one I use is columbine cornflower wormwood
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    It's not the potion that gives more time it's a passive in the alchemy tree that gives the user more time I believe it's medicinal use passive

Yes, that also effects the time, but that's not what I'm talking about.

(Also, OP, get that passive, it's great.)
    Kavesh - Stamblade
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    If you use 3 regents with detect attribute, you get max length. They changed one of the regents a few updates back, making triple detect possible.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I didn't realize this was a fairly new change, though. The downside to this potion is that is has no secondary effects. But it's a great trash pot for trying to find NBs hiding in your keeps, for example.

As an NB myself, the idea for this is to squeeze out as much detect time as possible so that I can Mark the NB. Most NBs don't run Purge which means you can wait until your potion cooldown is up before engaging as long as you don't let Mark run out. It isn't good for anything else, though.
    Kavesh - Stamblade