The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Server transfer/account wide crown store/upgrades

Blacksmoke
Blacksmoke
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Before we start and you start typing up your comment about beating a dead horse yes I know this isnt the first post about and certainly wont be the last.

So you know what I want from the title please allow server transfer hell make us pay for it because I gladly would! Or make crown store bought items account wide available not only on one mega server! Hell some items say will be bound to your account.. no.. bound to the server. Or at the VERY LEAST make the upgrades server wide because Morrowind is why not Imperial edition?

And if you cant do it or cant be bothered with it (which is my geuss) why not simply say so and that doesnt only apply on this topic so many questions we have been asking about for years now why not clear somethings up? At least it will be good for PR! If you could give the players more clarity about things you could avoid a lot of negativity on the forums and beyond that.

This topic will be ignored like all the others before this one. But I can hope.
Champion point: 645
Characters
Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS!!!
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That reminds me anyone know if DLCs are server only or account wide? Havent bought DLCs cause ESO+
    Characters
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmoke wrote: »
    That reminds me anyone know if DLCs are server only or account wide? Havent bought DLCs cause ESO+

Anything bought with Crowns is server specific, including DLC bought through the Crown Store.

Anything bought outside the Crown Store (i.e. when you have to enter a code into your Account Page on the ESO website) is account wide (both servers).

And yeah, it is damned frustrating (not to mention unfair) that they double dip players who use both servers this way.
    Edited by esotoon on July 27, 2017 1:34AM
  • LifeIsAGrave
    LifeIsAGrave
    ✭✭✭
    I myself am desperate for this service. I started playing on EU when I was stationed in Europe, but was reassigned back stateside recently. Being 8 hours behind only helped me get emp. Aside from that, the time difference is making gameplay terriblly boring and social interaction almost nonexistent. I've put hundreds - if not thousands of hours into my 10 characters - my main is nearly complete as a master crafter (all 50's, all: traits/runes/recipes/all styles except Hlaalu legs and telvanni staves. Hell, I've even got Master Angler - so I know I've put some major time in. You guys have to provide transfer service soon. Please. I would gladly pay for a full transfer service.
    CHARACTER PROGRESS
    https://www.twitch.tv/lifeisagrave
    Xbox One GT: Life Is A Grave - 714,167GS /157/157 ESO XBOX Achievements
    Xbox EU: CP2485:
    S'riracha F'lah - DK DD/T/H- GMC - GO - EP (47,005 Ach. Pts./8,959Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - Ward DD/T/H - PVP14 - 9Trait - (45,245 Ach. Pts./768Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - Cro DD/T/H - PVP12 - 9Trait - (45,385 Ach. Pts./766Hrs)
    Divine Hammer - Temp DD/T/H PVP13 - 9Trait - (44,560 Ach. Pts./457Hrs)
    Gwydion Fidgen - Sorc -DD/T/H - PVP17 - 9Trait - (45,380 Ach. Pts./1,448Hrs)
    Astronomical Space Cat - NB DD/T/H - PVP10 - All 50s - (44,725Ach. Pts./267Hrs)
    Daily Random Normal/Transmute Farmers:
    Violet Fissure - Sorc XP/H - PVP17 - All 50s - EP (44,660 Ach. Pts./341Hrs)
    Azure Pearl - Sorc XP/H - PVP15 - All 50s - EP (44,910 Ach. Pts./530Hrs)
    Rhot'n G'orc - Cro XP/H - PVP9 - All 50's - EP (44,160 Ach. Pts./121Hrs)
    Aether Sands - Necro XP/H - PVP3 - All 50s - EP (43,940 Ach. Pts./71Hrs)
    Eridium Flux - Temp XP/H - PVP7 - All 0s - EP (44,110 Ach. Pts./81Hrs)
    No Small Feat (Tiny T.) - Ward XP/H - PVP 13 - All 50s - EP (44,335 Ach. Pts./292Hrs)
    Viridian Frost - H. Ward XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,620 Ach. Pts./443Hrs)
    Chorrol Radpants - DK XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,220 Ach. Pts./732Hrs)
    T'torielle - LVL20 - DK DD - PVP 0 - All 50s - EP (43,780 Ach. Pts./5 Hrs)
    Xbox NA: CP1239:
    S'riracha F'lah - LVL50 DK DD/T/H- All50s - PVP 2 - EP (19,665 Ach. Pts./300Hrs)
    And I Dig It - LVL50 Sorc - XP/H - PVP 14 - All50s - EP (19,345. Ach. Pts./227Hrs)
    Carpathian Ridge - LVL50 Temp - XP/H PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,185 Ach. Pts./63Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - LVL 36 Cro XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1.5Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - LVL48 Ward XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    Astronomical Space Cat - LVL38 NB XP/H - PVP 3 - No Craft - EP (18,065Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    PC:EU Server/ESO ID @LifeIsAGrave - CP281
    Dark Aether - Sorc - PVP3 - Craft All 50's - AD (157 Hrs)
    PSN/ESO ID @Zo177b13 - No Chars-tbd
    UPDATE: 26 Nov, 2022
  • Kandrecar
    Kandrecar
    ✭✭
    Server bound purchases are the reason I quit this game. It didn't say anywhere in the crown store that purchases are server bound, there's even a subcategory Account upgrades, bought a lot of stuff, when I had to change servers found out that I can't have any of the stuff I payed for, ZOS said "we are unable to help you with this problem." I came here to see if anything changed after all this time. Was not surprised.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to get a xbox one and play on that butbi dont want to loose all my crown store purchases. Id gladly pay for the transfer. It would be exactly like restarting if i switched to xbox one.
  • BruceChillis
    BruceChillis
    ✭✭
    This is madness ZOS, there actual cash money being waved in your face by countless ppl and ye won't take it, ppl willing to pay to transfer to another server and you won't consider it, cash f'kn money
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    here is a thing to think about...bank stuff...how do u plan on handle that...
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kandrecar wrote: »
    Server bound purchases are the reason I quit this game. It didn't say anywhere in the crown store that purchases are server bound, there's even a subcategory Account upgrades, bought a lot of stuff, when I had to change servers found out that I can't have any of the stuff I payed for, ZOS said "we are unable to help you with this problem." I came here to see if anything changed after all this time. Was not surprised.

I haven't quit but I'm considering it.

I have 3 accounts. I no longer need the 2nd and 3rd ones so I put in a ticket and asked them if they would permanently delete those accounts and apply the crowns from them, about 10,000 nothing major, to my main account. Make it a one time only thing per player. All they have to do is edit my account and add them there. They said it couldn't be done.

In response I said so you're telling me that when the people that work at ZOS and play the game, which I'm sure is all of them, and they want more crowns that they have to buy them with cash like we have to. Yeah, right. I bet you believe the world is flat too.

• Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, stuff bought in the crown store - unless it's a consumable item like rep kits - should be account-wide. The current policy sucks.
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really need this. I started playing when I lived in the USA and now I live in Europe and I'm now y hours ahead of everyone I raid with in America. I'd like to be able to play and raid.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    o/ like to move my EU acct to NA.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It should be account wide, anything in the crown store besides consumables, it's just crooked it's not this way already.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS plz
    Characters
  • Kandrecar
    Kandrecar
    ✭✭
    The last time I submitted a ticket regarding my problem, for the 56th time because all they know to do is to say that they are unable to help you, I finally managed to get an answer from them and I was told that they do not plan to build the capability to move characters from server to server, even though I never asked them anything about character transfer, which I believe also means that crow store purchases will never be account wide.
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is not possible due to them not wanting to get involved with any legal international legal issues. For the same reason why some contests are not able be participated by those on the other side of the pond. It's just safer and easier to not have the crown items and stuff transferable between the two servers. That is looking at larger picture and from the other side.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I submitted a ticket regarding my problem, for the 56th time because all they know to do is to say that they are unable to help you, I finally managed to get an answer from them and I was told that they do not plan to build the capability to move characters from server to server, even though I never asked them anything about character transfer, which I believe also means that crow store purchases will never be account wide.

it does say if you switch to a different server that your stuff is not transferable, matter fact it's been that way since day one. lol you want to get upset that they wont do despite them saying since day one of this game that you could NOT do this. That's like having a sign up says don't drink the water, you drink the water, get sick, and now you are upset at the people who put up the sign because you drank the water.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Kandrecar
    Kandrecar
    ✭✭
    rynth wrote: »

it does say if you switch to a different server that your stuff is not transferable, matter fact it's been that way since day one. lol you want to get upset that they wont do despite them saying since day one of this game that you could NOT do this. That's like having a sign up says don't drink the water, you drink the water, get sick, and now you are upset at the people who put up the sign because you drank the water.

I did not see anywhere in the crown store that stuff is not transferable, however I did see when I bought Imperial City from crow store that ALL my characters will have access to it, and when I bought Imperial Edition that it was listed in the ACCOUNT upgrade.
    It's possible that they changed it now, I haven't played in a while.
    Edited by Kandrecar on January 24, 2018 3:12PM
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why they have not implemented server transfers. They obviously can do it (like they did when consoles were finally released). If it is a money thing (hoping people will pay for a new copy of the game) then simply charge the base cost of the game (people will pay).

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why they have not implemented server transfers. They obviously can do it (like they did when consoles were finally released). If it is a money thing (hoping people will pay for a new copy of the game) then simply charge the base cost of the game (people will pay).

It's not a money thing. It's data table thing. It was possible at console launch to do the character copy from PC to console because the tables containing all character data were new and empty. They can't do it now because inserting entries from another server into the tables may cause conflicts in the case there are characters on both servers that have the same name.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a money thing. It's data table thing. It was possible at console launch to do the character copy from PC to console because the tables containing all character data were new and empty. They can't do it now because inserting entries from another server into the tables may cause conflicts in the case there are characters on both servers that have the same name.

Many MMOs offer server transfers (sometimes against our will). For things like name the person transferring is forced to change name or add onto existing name to make it unique if name exists. It is possible and many MMOs make extra money for services like server transfers
    Edited by dennissomb16_ESO on January 24, 2018 4:03PM
  • FoolishOptimist
    FoolishOptimist
    ✭✭✭
    After playing for 8 months on the EU server, I made the switch to NA because for me, an Australian, the servers are more efficient. I didn't mind starting over from scratch in relation to my characters (I actually welcomed the idea), but I was a little upset to see that all of my costumes and mounts that I had purchased, weren't transferred over.

All I'd really like is access to my Telvanni Master Wizard costume and my Great Dark Stag mount. I'm not sure when they'd likely hit the crown store again, but when they do, I don't think I'd repurchase them, because philosophically, I've already purchased them for my account. I use the same PSN for both servers, that's my single account. This isn't a difficult concept?

Recently one of the guilds I'm apart of reported that ZoS had refunded them their money on Daggerfall Overlook they were using as a guild hall, so they could instead purchase the upcoming Dark Brotherhood house. Part of me is skeptical this actually occurred, but if it's possible, I don't see why they cannot implement cross-server purchases. If ZoS can taketh away, ZoS can giveth.

I have been searching for a means to submit a request/ticket, but haven't been able to find a suitable label. Reading this, it seems like I would be wasting my time? :neutral:

Pretty disappoint here ZoS, what about a fair go?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything gained via crowns should be account wide. With that crowns shouldn’t be a commodity as it just complicates the game.

Just use a simple shopping cart and allow real money. If they want to allow ppl to put real money on their account like Blizzard, that works too

Imagine that old fashion retail online....shrug
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 25, 2018 2:59AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to have this ability. ESO is my favorite game and I've been playing for years yet I can't raid because I moved from florida to Europe. With a 6 hour difference I am still playing on north American server. A transfer to buy would be amazing. ♡ please zos. Think outside the box. It's a possible gold sink
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just switched from NA to EU because I'm from the EU and wanted better ping and more people to play with during my hours and I so miss my crown store stuff.. at least 200/300 bucks down the drain :(
    Characters
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet you believe the world is flat too.

Wait a second... the world ISN'T flat?!?! LOL

In all seriousness though, it's absolutely ridiculous that things are server specific. Pretty much every other MMO you can go to whichever server and everything is account-bound so I never understood ZOS' reasoning that a PC player (or console) can't go between the NA and EU servers as long as they are staying on the same platform. All items bought with crowns, expansions and DLC should be account-bound and allow a PC player (or console) to play on both NA and EU without having to re-purchase everything but I understand not switching from PC to PS4 or XB1 but NA to EU should be allowed. Greedy ZOS!
    Edited by BloodWolfe on January 26, 2018 2:37PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server transfers of characters and items, such as mounts, pets, costumes, would be wonderful. I started toons on the EU server to play with a friend in England but due to life issues they don't get on much now. So I have a couple great toons I want to keep on that server along with haven gotten lucky on rare mounts from the free crates. I want to move those to the NA server.

Why can't we do this? Crowns are across servers, so???
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Kandrecar
    Kandrecar
    ✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    Server transfers of characters and items, such as mounts, pets, costumes, would be wonderful. I started toons on the EU server to play with a friend in England but due to life issues they don't get on much now. So I have a couple great toons I want to keep on that server along with haven gotten lucky on rare mounts from the free crates. I want to move those to the NA server.

Why can't we do this? Crowns are across servers, so???

There are only two reasons that I can think of why collectibles and DLCs aren't account bound.
    1. They don't know how to make the Collectibles system for the whole accaount.
    2. They believe that players who play on both servers or are switching from one server to another will buy the same cosmetics and DLCs twice, and they can earn more money that way.
    I would love to hear what all of you think on why the Collectibles system is server bound, because I really can't understand why a strong game like this has such a system, especially since I've seen other games have account bound collectibles and I know that it is possible to make.
    Edited by Kandrecar on January 27, 2018 8:58AM
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. They don't know how to make the Collectibles system for the whole accaount.

On the PC they do have the ability to do this. If you get a collectable by entering a code (such as the Morrowind extras, or the Bristlegut Piglet) you do get that item on both the NA and EU servers. It's only Crown Store items that are locked to one server.
    2. They believe that players who play on both servers or are switching from one server to another will buy the same cosmetics and DLCs twice, and they can earn more money that way.

Clearly they have zero financial incentive to make it work. Whether this is deliberate or not... who knows?