The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Telvanni Paintings?

TeIvanni
TeIvanni
✭✭✭✭
Treasure Chests -
The finest treasure chests in Vvardenfell will rarely contain new paintings specific to Morrowind.

The above post is the only thing I could find explaining how to obtain Telvanni Paintings.

I have opened hundreds, if not thousands of chests. I have discovered over 5 Buoyant Armiger Motifs and countless generic themed paintings.

I'm convinced that Vvardenfell paintings do not drop from world chests.

So how do you obtain them?

UPDATE: Telvanni Paintings do in fact rarely (even more rarely than Buoyant Armiger Motifs) appear in high level wild chests on Vvardenfell
Edited by TeIvanni on August 12, 2017 1:19PM
-Telvanni
The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
[Immortal Redeemer]
[Gryphonheart]
[Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The homestead Crown store has all the new paintings and items
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭

There has to be another way apart from spending crowns though?
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, but it's a lot, lot better (cheaper and more rewarding) when you find them instead... ;)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best paintings are the three in one that look like a window. I have placed some in my lake lodge house and they so clear compared to the pre morrowind paintings that it looks like you looking out a window.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best paintings are the three in one that look like a window. I have placed some in my lake lodge house and they so clear compared to the pre morrowind paintings that it looks like you looking out a window.

Are those crown store exclusive?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got them from the CS but I'm not sure if they have bps for them yet.
    Theres a lot of items that don't seem to have bps yet. I know that redguard domed brick oven isn't even in CS yet and I never heard of any bps for it either.
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible vvardenfell paintings only drop from Justice Chests?
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done a lot of general thieving (cupboards, desks, crates, etc.), but very little pickpocketing in Vvardenfell. I've found dozens and dozens of chests (not up to hundreds yet because, well, population). So far I have not found one of the newer paintings. I've found quite a few of the Vanilla Zone paintings, but I already had most, if not all, of those upon acquisition.

At this point I think the drop rate is just abysmally low and I am assuming that's by design. As with so many other aspects of What's New in the game, there is money to be made by ZOS by locking these items behind a very, very, very low RNG with the assumed expectation that players will become tired of the lack of success and just spend crowns on the items from the cash shop.

They need to make money - I get that. I just wish their methods didn't always feel so aggressive.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"Justice chests"? what do you mean by that?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They drop from open world chests with abysmal droprates. I've found one in a Master chest shortly after MW launch and nothing in the hundreds of chests since. Check if there're any on guildtraders, I think TTC had some listing for ~100k a while ago at least.
    Edited by Magdalina on July 27, 2017 8:15AM
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

The lockboxes whose contents are considered stolen.
    Magdalina wrote: »
    They drop from open world chests with abysmal droprates. I've found one in a Master chest shortly after MW launch and nothing in the hundreds of chests since. Check if there're any on guildtraders, I think TTC had some listing for ~100k a while ago at least.

Nice! So you can confirm they actually appear in regular world chests. That's reassuring.
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nevermind!
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 27, 2017 12:15PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 27, 2017 10:52AM
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

The lockboxes whose contents are considered stolen.

You mean Thieves' Troves!

No he doesnt, he means safeboxes.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭
    i've got 2 vvardenfel paintings: 1 from open world chest, 2 from safebox. The one from safebox was bugged and i can't laundered it :) support helped with it

but it's really extremely low drop chance. I've opened thousands chest and hundreds safeboxes
    Edited by alkodav on July 27, 2017 11:25AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They not dumb low chances = CS sales
  • Lemonsinspace
    Lemonsinspace
    ✭✭
    You fine them in safe boxes (The small silver chests in houses and businesses for those that have never stolen)
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    I still not got 1 of the new paintings and I opened 100s of lockboxes since the early access of Morrowind.

its WAY too Rare :disappointed:
    Edited by Darkheart on July 28, 2017 5:57PM
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • Lemonsinspace
    Lemonsinspace
    ✭✭
    I farm on 3 characters everyday for a while up until about a week ago and I've had around 10. Farm early/late to make sure you get most or all drops.

You never know when you've been farming for ages and a random opens one box and gets one.
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm now that they do actually drop from wild chests. Just opened a master chest today.
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store tactics getting a lot dirtier lately. Insanely low drop rates that make getting certain items next to impossible, ripping skins from DLC rewards to sell separately instead (HotR), a tier of Crown Crate mount above Apex that cannot be bought for Crown Gems..... I don't like it.
  • Sotomaior
    Sotomaior
    ✭✭
    Found a telvanni painting in a master chest near a wayshrine.server eu ps4.don't remember the name,but it's a small house item.price check pls
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've purchased one from a guild trader for 40K, but sadly I've not seen one in a chest yet.

Basically - if it's a furniture with an in-game equivalent, I'll either purchase from another player or do without. Not gonna be manipulated into spending RL money on it.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've found 4 of the 6 Telvanni Paintings, also doubles as well but i've found way more BA motifs than Telvanni paintings though
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm almost compelte on BA motif, and still only have 1 Vvardenfell painting, a small Telvanni one. I did find one of the Velothi paintings the first week, but it couldn't be laundered. Finally gave up and bought paintings from CS.

Now if they just started selling purple furniture plans...