Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

question to my ha petsorc for vma

Trashs1
Trashs1
✭✭✭
hello everyone.

im using currently for my vma atempts necropotence 5, julianos 5 and 1 max mag monster

bars are like the same as all the other petsorc vma builds and cp too

my 2 julianos stafs are still in pink quality.

im standing now at the ice troll boss and my best atemp was i got him on 3% hp and then he smashed the last platform.

is it a good idea to golden my julianos staffes out? or should i get another set beside necropotence? I know the most ppl sugest moondancer but im a pvp player and dont have a trial grp.

thx for help!
Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever weapons you choose to keep and use should be Legendary. I sure as heck wouldn't do that with random non set weapons. The difference in Weapon/Spell Damage from Epic to Legendary is quite a bit. Legendary is the way to go for what you intend to keep and use. Now if you have a ton of gold mats...well, have at it. LOL.

I run 5 Necro on mine with either lLambris, Valkyn or Grothdarr full set depending on what I'm doing and a mix of other sets I won't mention here. My Sorc does very well with Necro and a full Monster setup.

Have fun!
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever weapons you choose to keep and use should be Legendary. I sure as heck wouldn't do that with random non set weapons. The difference in Weapon/Spell Damage from Epic to Legendary is quite a bit. Legendary is the way to go for what you intend to keep and use. Now if you have a ton of gold mats...well, have at it. LOL.

I run 5 Necro on mine with either lLambris, Valkyn or Grothdarr full set depending on what I'm doing and a mix of other sets I won't mention here. My Sorc does very well with Necro and a full Monster setup.

Have fun!

and whats your secondary set than?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA isn't Cyrodiil, @Trashs1 ...

... so you might have better luck running Julianos purple or gold light armor rather than heavy armor.

Hardened Ward is the best damage shield in the game right now and will still keep you protected even in light armor.

Golding out your staves are only going to provide a small incremental boost to your DPS.

In addition, vMA is a lot of times more about mechanics and less about DPS (especially when you get to rounds 6, 7, and 9).

Read up on the Stage 5 final boss in the forums or on the streaming sites.

Personally, I like to save my ultimate until after the boss breaks the second platform ... then I dump ultimate when the boss comes to the third platform.

Don't forget the sigils. If you're not going for Leaderboards you should be using all the sigils you can.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 25, 2017 5:47PM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try light armor with Hardened Ward before you spend you gold mats. The most important thing in vMA is dmg output so you'll have a much better chance in light armor. You have Hardened Ward and Power Surge to stay alive so you dont need the increased mitigation that heavy armor offers.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    im using ofc light armour ^^

just wanted to know julianos is a good addition to necropotenc and worth to golden
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Necro, 3 Willpower, 2 Grothdarr, non-set lightning staves
    Save your Destro ulti for the last platform.
    Edited by dpencil1 on July 27, 2017 5:51AM
  • Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    Juli is really nice for the crit healing..i use it with willpower and ilam
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    update!

i made it until stage 9! i think my equip is ok for that content!