The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Solved for me] Error 206 - PatchManifestError_UnzipFailed even after going steps on support page

MarrazzMist
MarrazzMist
✭✭✭✭
After yesterday's patch I can't get in to game. "Error 206 - PatchManifestError_UnzipFailed" pops up couple of times when I open the launcher. When I hit "Repair", I get option to repair or close, but when I choose repair, I just get the error once more and no repair.

I have tried:
- closing the launcher (many times)
- restarting pc
- going through the steps on support page: WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I RECEIVE A "ERROR 206: PATCHERROR_UNZIPFAIL” ERROR MESSAGE? I downloaded the game, checked subfolders for patchdata-folders - though thee wasn't any - and checked that my virus protection allows the game.

No change, still cannot get past the launcher error message.

I've added Game Consultant report, if that's any help
Edited by MarrazzMist on July 28, 2017 9:10AM
  • XsliZ3r
    XsliZ3r
    Soul Shriven
    I have the exactly the same problem..... And a funny thing, I can log in to my account on the website but not to support!!??!!??
    WTF!
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    @XsliZ3r well that's even more odd...

I submitted the ticket to support. And now guess I just wait for them to answer. I've had so much fun with Midyear Mayhem with my few hours to spare on gaming... and now event is wasted on this.
  • Chicken_Wizard
    Chicken_Wizard
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue, however I just tried launching the game using "eso64" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client" and it actually worked. This will only work temporarily as it just skips the launcher and starts the game, meaning any new patch will *** it up.
  • Chicken_Wizard
    Chicken_Wizard
    Soul Shriven
    Also, are you using the regular or Steam version? I just looked at my files and i have a zosSteamStarter despite using regular. My launcher appears to be missing as well. Could anyone else check their files to see if they have everything?
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, however I just tried launching the game using "eso64" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client" and it actually worked. This will only work temporarily as it just skips the launcher and starts the game, meaning any new patch will *** it up.

That's great you found some workaround. I tried this too, but my game just crashes a moment after launch every time :(

Edit: I have regular version, not from Steam.
    Edited by MarrazzMist on July 25, 2017 3:48PM
  • Ignor
    Ignor
    ✭✭
  • StevenFM
    StevenFM
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same problem.

I recently bought a Steam controller and decided to reinstall ESO through Steam. Big mistake it seems as I keep getting the same error message as you. I've also tried using the non-Steam client but even there no success.

Troubleshooting FAQ didn't help either nor the link from Ignor.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got responce from support, includin running as admin, re-checking firewall and antivirus and using Repair from different location (which ended up with same loop). No help yet.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignor wrote: »

But this is different error. You think it could solve this one too?

• HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here, EU/PC, Win10. Tried repair, but now I can't launch from launcher. Says repair but when clicked it gives the Error 206.

Please @ZOS_GinaBruno can you help?

(edit typo)
    Edited by HansK on July 26, 2017 7:03AM
  • Att1Tude
    Att1Tude
    ✭✭✭
    Guildie told to ping launcher. bethesda.net and it timeouts for so many people, problem might be in their end. Requesting 1m Ap
    PC-EU
    How-Much-Is-The-Fish Stamsorc
    A Friend Of Nature Magwarden
  • Junkkis
    Junkkis
    ✭✭
    got same proplem! did all steps support page told and still same 206 error all time. help!
  • SillyPlay
    SillyPlay
    ✭✭
    i'm having this problem too...
  • Billalzebub
    Billalzebub
    ✭✭
    Last night I had the exact same problem. No 'Live Chat' or telephone support, only their 'Web Assistance' - which had a number of steps to got through. Did them all, none helped.

I submitted a ticket saying none of these steps helped resolve my problem .... got an email this morning .... detailing the same steps as I went through on the Web Assistance. They obviously do not read their submitted support tickets.

I also attached the report generated by the 'Game Consultant' and ask that they review it and advise me .... guess what .... they didn't.

ZoS, please pull your finger out, actually read the support requests made and get this problem resolved. You used to have Live Chat and a support number that could be called. Now it's emails (that you obviously do not read), standard template replies' and "up to 48 hours" .... not good enough - please refer to the instruction at the start of this paragraph.

Regards.
  • Aurora821
    Aurora821
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue tried everything..
    I'm on European server PC
  • Aurora821
    Aurora821
    Soul Shriven
    Mine is fixed!!! :)<3:)
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    Hah, started the Launcher and no more errors! Keeping fingers crossed it stays that way!
  • SillyPlay
    SillyPlay
    ✭✭
    yh, mine's fixed too. didn't really do anything, just hit repair after trying to get in for close to 24hrs and it worked
  • CharlieWednesday
    CharlieWednesday
    Soul Shriven
    I was having this problem yesterday. I tried a full uninstall/reinstall but it did not fix it. I submitted a ticket but have yet to receive a reply. Today I have just started the launcher and it immediately started a BIG download without any interaction from me, so it looks like the whole game is downloading again, without me instigating that download. You could almost believe they know something is wrong but aren't telling us, couldn't you!?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Hi Everyone,

For anyone still having Error 206 come up in the launcher, the problem appears to be anti-virus related. You will need to make sure the following folders are added as exceptions.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

For help with adding exclusions to F-Secure, please visit their support site.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

For anyone still having Error 206 come up in the launcher, the problem appears to be anti-virus related. You will need to make sure the following folders are added as exceptions.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

For help with adding exclusions to F-Secure, please visit their support site.

Thank you for responce. I'm using F-Secure, so I'll go through it once more incase I've missed a step.

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurray, I'm finally in the game!

So I'm indeed user of F-Secure. As I was trying to find a way to add exceptions (I did made sure F-Secure isn't purposely blocking eso earlier and there isn't really straight way to add exceptions), I noticed option for Gaming Mode in F-Secure. Which is, I believe, mostly ment for directing my laptop's resources more effectively while gaming.

Coinsidence or not, when I clicked Gaming Mode on, next time I open the launcher, it patches and I can get into game normally.

So thank you for responces and detective work @ZOS_BillE and others in customer service, my issue is solved :)