The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Researching Julianos

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
I would like to be able to do the following

What I want

-> Craft 5 piece of Julianos gear with Divines traits

What I have

-> Have like 6 characters with no professions leveled on them.

I assume each character can "research" one julianos gear piece with divines traits so that I can reduce the total time needed to do research.

Correct me if I am wrong.

-> But I have enough time and saved some gold to invest to do the above activity

Can someone tell me how to get started for achieving this target ?
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To craft a piece of Julianos gear, you need to have six traits researched for the relevant piece of gear. Therefore, to accomplish what you want, just have each of your characters start researching different armor pieces. If you have the passives that let you research more projects at the same time, each character can be researching three separate items, which would cut down the time significantly. If all your characters have those passives, you can get all the pieces you need researched in the time it takes to get six traits on just one item.

If none of your characters have the crafting skills leveled, though, you'll need to do that so that they can all make CP160 gear.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos pieces can only be crafted once you know 6 traits for that armour/weapon type.
    To craft it in 160CP you'll need 10 points maxed in clothing/woodworking/metal (depends on what you want to craft) skill line as well.

It'd also help having some of the passives maxed too which make upgrading it require less mats etc but the main one allows you to research 3 items at once with reduced time.

You can't learn the traits over different characters though in the way you are asking. Best way is to focus on the pieces you want to be Julianos and research them on 1 alt and having the passives to research 3 items at once. I'd also say it's worth going heavy chest and 3 light small pieces and 1 medium legs. This means you can be researching cuirass from blacksmithing and 3 pieces from the clothing station so 4 at a time.

Initially researching your 1st trait takes a few hours but gets longer as you go. Here's a link with table
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Traits

Alternatively if your PCEu and have the mats I'd be happy to craft it for you - I'd definitely recommend levelling all crafting each one does have a benefit or at least convenience at some point.
    Edited by Parrot1986 on July 24, 2017 5:57AM
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    For example, the quickest way. Pick 5 characters. Focus on 1 craft (i.e. clothing). Each character focuses on 1 piece (i.e. 1 does chest, 1 does pants, etc). Research Divines + 5 other traits.

The only downside is having to learn the motif you want on 5 characters. Otherwise you go the single character route, it'll take a LOT longer if time is your issue.
    Edited by PocketNova on July 24, 2017 5:55AM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to make your own Julianos then you need to first of all max the crafting lines (probably just Clothing and Woodworking), to level 50. On one character.
    Then you need to research 6 traits on every likely piece of armour or weapon that you're going to want to craft. On the same character.
    You should invest points in the skill lines, to decrease research times and have up to three pieces being researched at any time = but note that you can't research more than one of a particular piece at any given time, so for example you can only research one Robe trait at a time, but you could also be researching Gloves and Shoes simultaneously (if you've put in the points).
    Plus of course for Julianos you need to own (or have ESO+ in order to access) the Orsinium DLC.

Or if all of the above is going to take longer than you'd like, ask in zone chat if there's a crafter willing to make what you want - or else look on guild traders. Either way, expect to part with a bit of gold. (And no, I've no idea how much.)
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply start researching traits. You can simply use drop or get some to make you some template gear. You can also buy this for 200 gold in many guild stores.

For trait divine and impenetrable is best now, infused is good for some setup, training if below co160.
    You also want to research staffs, lighting and fire is most important, add healing and sharpened first, powered for healing

Research times is 6h-12h-24h-2d-4d-8d Then cut it down with 25% or something because of the research bonus.
    but you would still need 14 days .
    Downside is that you want 4 pieces of gear and staffs. so you need to repeat this twice for cloth.
    You could divide it up on crafters so one do 3 pieces and the other do 3 other pieces.
    Is however smart to have one main crafter who learn all the rare styles.

its also smart to learn 6 traits for all the pieces as you will supplement with dropped gear with jewelry so you craft around the drops, crafted staffs are nice as dropped sharpened staffs of good sets are rare.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ask someone to craft it for you. It will take you a few months to research the traits yourself if you don't have anything researched yet.

And research is character-specific.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest looking at crafting in all areas for your characters...

crafting sucks up a lot of skill points, unless you're a skyshard hunter or quest completionist, it's a challenge to do it all on one character...my main takes care of armor, weapons and alchemy, another does enchanting, a third provisioning...

I would suggest not splitting up your crafting of armor, weapons amongst multiple characters - it will make it a pain later on when you need to craft a set, and, just want to get it done quickly...

put out word in one of your guilds what you're looking for - hopefully you have the mats yourself...be specific: level, type, trait, style, etc....

it's funny, I still remember some of your initial posts, very inquisitive and a fresh perspective...prior mmo experience definitely seemed to lessen the eso learning curve for you :)

that's great to hear you have 6 characters now @vpy ...how many cp you at now?
    Edited by geonsocal on July 24, 2017 6:22AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vpy wrote: »
    I would like to be able to do the following

What I want

-> Craft 5 piece of Julianos gear with Divines traits

What I have

-> Have like 6 characters with no professions leveled on them.

I assume each character can "research" one julianos gear piece with divines traits so that I can reduce the total time needed to do research.

Correct me if I am wrong.

-> But I have enough time and saved some gold to invest to do the above activity

Can someone tell me how to get started for achieving this target ?

research is not account bound, but character bound, so you can not research each trait on a different character.

You have to research all 6 traits on only one character, who will be then able to craft it, once you research 6 traits on THIS ONE character
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mastered every part fo crafting armor and weapons.. Ive only got started on the furniture though. It takes absolute dedication to logging in at the exact time every day to remembering to gather every trait for every item. You are better off finding a guildy pal to assist you in making it for you.

If you really want to make it yourself make sure to learn the ability to learn more than one trait at a time for research. That will speed you up a bit.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will definitely want to skill up your crafting skill lines on ONE character as others have stressed. Spreading them out will just equal a massive nightmare when it comes to traits and even more so with motifs. You will NEED to have leveled skill lines in order to get the passive that reduces (and limits) trait research times, as well as the ability to research up to 3 traits in a skill line at a time. Spreading alchemy, provisioning, and enchanting to others isn't bad but it does hinder your ability to furniture craft, but that can always be fixed later.

My advice though if you want to focus on Julianos.. don't research the shoulder and head slots until you are done with the other armor slots. Those pieces are usually reserved for monster sets and researching them in tandem with the other 5 armor slots would slow you down immensely. Also research flame & lightning staves, since they are a separate skill line it shouldn't slow down your armor research at all and gives you the option to make weapons if needed.
    love is love
  • Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Except for creating a huge time-sink, research should have been broken down so as to not have light and medium clothing share a timer as well as heavy armor sharing its timer with metal weapons.

Other games have used tailoring for light; tanning for medium; blacksmiths for metal weapons and metal-working (or some other such title) for heavy armor.

And as a related subject, enamels for metal dyes and a reasonable lighting scheme to see what the true effects of dying really are; so sick of applying a dye, running outside in the light to see the true colors and back and forth ad nauseum.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    join a guild. ask a guildmate to craft it for you.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Research times, the bane of my existence :)
    Nearly at 6 traits for all items, with some on 7-8. Each one takes like a week. AGES.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no quick way. If you don't have plans to really invest in tradeskills you're much beter of asking someone else to do it. Getting 5 different characters to lvl 50 in clothing/blacksmithing just because you want one set of Julianos is ludicrous.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Takes like 20 days, plenty of time to do in time for next patch. worry about having to craft twice born star in Akaviri if you ever need to. Then you'll have a crafting nightmare.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes like 20 days, plenty of time to do in time for next patch. worry about having to craft twice born star in Akaviri if you ever need to. Then you'll have a crafting nightmare.
    This crafting is nice to have if you have the skillpoints, if you want the set now ask an guildmate to craft it.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Law of Julianos requires you to have 6 traits "researched" in order to be crafted. So what you need to do is just to research at lest 6 traits for specific pcs of armour / weapon in order to be able to craft it.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Research
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 24, 2017 10:15AM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just tip someone 15k to make it for you.

Then take your least used character and turn it into your crafter crafter.

Orc gets 10% buff to inspiration gains, choose orc if you have it.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tip someone 15k to make it for you.

Then take your least used character and turn it into your crafter crafter.

Orc gets 10% buff to inspiration gains, choose orc if you have it.
    if you have an completion character with all the skyshards, run decent with PvP, done all the dungeons you have more than enough skillpoints at least if you don't put skills into abilities you don't use.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spreading out over multiple characters is only helpful for getting a trait to be learned somewhere.

I started that slow grind by splitting up traits between two characters, to do the same thing as you - to more quickly be able to make something. But you really cannot avoid the time it will take because eventually you will be logging on the lesser crafter in order to make research pieces for your greater character. And that hurts more if you have done the foolishness of learning nirnhoned on that lesser crafter.

6 traits takes only a few weeks. Spend a day skyshard hunting and grinding crafter levels. You'll be happier later.
    Xbox NA
  • Electrone_Magnus
    Electrone_Magnus
    ✭✭✭
    Go to craglorn and type 'LF Julianos crafter will pay well'. And I'm sure someone will help you out but you need to provide all the mats.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You will definitely want to skill up your crafting skill lines on ONE character as others have stressed. Spreading them out will just equal a massive nightmare when it comes to traits and even more so with motifs. You will NEED to have leveled skill lines in order to get the passive that reduces (and limits) trait research times, as well as the ability to research up to 3 traits in a skill line at a time. Spreading alchemy, provisioning, and enchanting to others isn't bad but it does hinder your ability to furniture craft, but that can always be fixed later.

My advice though if you want to focus on Julianos.. don't research the shoulder and head slots until you are done with the other armor slots. Those pieces are usually reserved for monster sets and researching them in tandem with the other 5 armor slots would slow you down immensely. Also research flame & lightning staves, since they are a separate skill line it shouldn't slow down your armor research at all and gives you the option to make weapons if needed.

yes and also then "later" if you would maybe want to craft furnitures, then it is good to have all your crafting skills lines maxed on ONE character, as furniture craftig often requires to have certain level of multiple crafting skills lines leveled
    (for example: dunmer table: require certain level of woodworkig skills and certain level of blacksmithing skill - I made this up, but it shows as an example)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dan958 wrote: »
    Research times, the bane of my existence :)
    Nearly at 6 traits for all items, with some on 7-8. Each one takes like a week. AGES.

You're going to hate the last one, and be wishing it would only take a week.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As has been mentioned, always have each alt researching at least one item, preferably in the order/traits you will need them.

That way, you can always create said item for your main crafter to research later in order to fill in the blanks.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS