The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's official. Every motif out there.

paul_j
paul_j
✭✭✭
Today I finally got the last armiger piece I need to complete every motif in game!!! I furiously grinded for gold the past 2 days non stop to buy the belt and now it's over.. until the next dlc :)
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice. I only had mazzatun and silken ring to complete before morrowind and gave up after that, esp since theyre adding more in the next dlc.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much same situation, just needed Mazz and Silk until Morrowind came out. Now I have kind of given up. I might buy them if the price drops below 5K a chapter, otherwise I have enough motifs.

Although I would like to get Mazzutan armor.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    You guys should grab a group to farm both of them haha. You make a ton of money selling the duplicates and don't have to pay!
    Edited by paul_j on July 23, 2017 3:54PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brush up on your Thieves Guild line for the next patch ...

ZOS appears to be making us pickpocket the new motifs from the Morrowind citizenry.
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brush up on your Thieves Guild line for the next patch ...

ZOS appears to be making us pickpocket the new motifs from the Morrowind citizenry.

Really? That would be intresting, do you have a source on that or was it just a joke that went over my head?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three New Motifs
    The Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni Motifs are now available in Vvardenfell! These three styles and their associated style items can be found by stealing from citizens of Vvardenfell - picking their pockets, stealing from their safe boxes, and looting Thieves Troves left behind by fellow members of the Thieves Guild.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358541/pts-patch-notes-v3-1-0/p1

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 23, 2017 7:03PM
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three New Motifs
    The Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni Motifs are now available in Vvardenfell! These three styles and their associated style items can be found by stealing from citizens of Vvardenfell - picking their pockets, stealing from their safe boxes, and looting Thieves Troves left behind by fellow members of the Thieves Guild.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358541/pts-patch-notes-v3-1-0/p1

Ah, very intresting. Thank you. Oh and congrats, Paul ;)
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    non master crafters have no idea how expensive staying up to date on the newest motifs. if you want to take your crafting
    to the next lvl try collecting every recipe in game.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Pretty much same situation, just needed Mazz and Silk until Morrowind came out. Now I have kind of given up. I might buy them if the price drops below 5K a chapter, otherwise I have enough motifs.

Likewise here. I ran the Morrowind dailies every day for a couple weeks before I realized how much the stupid repetition was killing my enjoyment of the game. Add to that all my capped characters are kitted out the way I want them to be and there's not much point in grinding further.

But congrats to you OP. :) Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on July 23, 2017 7:34PM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I haven't bothered collecting those ones as the rarity and prices are crazy.
  • alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭
    the drop rate of armiger is extremely low :(
    if the same will be with future motifs, seems i won't be "Master Crafter".. I seems it's really ridiculous to spent so much time (or money) for styles you even can't use (because we can't re-style sets and craft the new one for every new motif is stupid imao)
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting motifs ... too much is too much.

Guess ZOS likes to keep people with OCD busy :smile:

• lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah. I was quite close, but it is really really demotivating.. I just stopped collecting... even lookig in guild stores for good prices..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats! That's such a nice feeling :)
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's true my OCD for motifs is undeniable T_T
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    paul_j wrote: »

i feel an intervention may be necessary

please step away from the motives

they are no good for you (until transmorg is a thing)

PLEASE for the love that is all thing ES.... STEP AWAY FROM THE MOTIVES!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Full motifs learned is a good thing for those trying to do master writs ... so it's not just for those laden with OCD and achievement complexes ...
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Full motifs learned is a good thing for those trying to do master writs ... so it's not just for those laden with OCD and achievement complexes ...

Having a motif required for a master writ is good, having them all doesn't appear to increase your chances of getting writs (no matter what the devs implied).

I've given up with the hunt for motifs - they have become an excuse for ZoS to fill the Crown Store, and in the process undermine the economy. They trashed the motif economy when they had the last "event", but now with glass and dwemer in the Crown Store they have totally annihilated it.

I have over 50 glass fragments stored up, but what use are they if it costs 10k to convert them to a motif that is now only worth 4k?

Well done ZoS, you reward me doing writs with the opportunity to make a loss...
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they need to start releasing ONE new motif per quarter instead of three; it's become too expensive/difficult to keep up with unless you do little else beyond farming motifs.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Grats! That's such a nice feeling :)

@Jaeysa :
    Was that for @lientier for giving up on collecting motifs?
    Or for @paul_j for actually collecting them all (for now).
    :p
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul_j :p
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D
    Edited by paul_j on July 25, 2017 11:41PM
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Today I finally got the last armiger piece I need to complete every motif in game!!! I furiously grinded for gold the past 2 days non stop to buy the belt and now it's over.. until the next dlc :)

Same here on xb1 eu, ready for the next farm.
    We must be mad
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got all the motifs as well, my OCD can rest for a bit, at least until HotR lol
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have them all too...

And like you, I think it's hard to keep up to date :-)

But I wouldn't call it OCD. It's just one of the numerous goals one can set for oneself in the game. It's the only way for us players to keep the game "endless", otherwise we reach the end sooner or later.

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alkodav wrote: »
    the drop rate of armiger is extremely low :(
    if the same will be with future motifs, seems i won't be "Master Crafter".. I seems it's really ridiculous to spent so much time (or money) for styles you even can't use (because we can't re-style sets and craft the new one for every new motif is stupid imao)

IIRC the drop rate was identified as being incorrect and they expected to fix the drop rate. Though I'm not certain if they have yet or not. FWIW this past weekend a chapter dropped at least once in each normal HoF that I ran.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok dumb question how are you all,getting your motifs besides buyimg them. Is it from writs or other . please advise Thanks
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Ok dumb question how are you all,getting your motifs besides buyimg them. Is it from writs or other . please advise Thanks

Writs don't deliver motifs. Never. Never have.
    How we get them depends on how we play.
    Some are patient and get them where patience is required.
    Some are good and get them where being good is required.
    Some PvP and get them where PvP is required.
    etc.

In the end, we get them from what we like to do and buy them in all areas that we do not like to do.

That's the ultimate purpose of "business" : make money in activities that you like (and you're good at) and with that money, buy stuff from activities that you don't like / are not so good at (but others enjoy and are good at).

• paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »

Majority of them I saved gold to buy. But I farmed away as much as I could. I usually collect the new motifs as they come out in traders and farm for them at the same time. If I get a duplicate I sell and make some gold back :smile: