The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What do we spend AP and Tel-Var Stones on?

abigfishy
abigfishy
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have done one night of PvP and gotten a lot of AP and Tel-Var stones. What should I spend them on? I wont be doing PvP after this event so PvP gear is not useful for me. If I get to 500k I could but a good Akaviri motif but is that really it? Also what do you spend your Tel-Var stones on and where? (Especially if you don't have the Imperial City DLC.)
Level 50 Characters
USA
Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
EU
Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP for Akaviri motifs and tel var.. yeah not much use. No place else to use them then imperial city
    Edited by Blacksmoke on July 22, 2017 2:26AM
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel var you can go to a vendor in Imperial city to spend them (at the entry base for your alliance in the sewer). If you don't want any of the gear or other pvp oriented items, they also sell alchemy bags (with a good flower assortment) and hakeijo runes at the vendor.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have imperial city dlc you're outta luck unfortunately.
  • Fabulosity
    Fabulosity
    ✭✭✭
    If you have Morrowind, the militant Ordinator motifs can sell for a fair amount, especially if you wait a little while after the even ends.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    abigfishy wrote: »
    So I have done one night of PvP and gotten a lot of AP and Tel-Var stones. What should I spend them on? I wont be doing PvP after this event so PvP gear is not useful for me. If I get to 500k I could but a good Akaviri motif but is that really it? Also what do you spend your Tel-Var stones on and where? (Especially if you don't have the Imperial City DLC.)

I save all my AP to buy monster helms whenever there is a good one on the Golden Vendor.

I don't spend tel var on anything, but maybe you can buy some IC gear sets, hakeijo or other mats to sell.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skooma
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are vendors who sell the overland sets in the form of boxes. Good luck!

You can buy trash pots, soul gems, things like that.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator motif if youve got Morrowind. Its pretty good, and the price is the same as for Akaviri.
    Also, you can save up some ap for weekly vendor's jewelry pieces, she has pve sets sometimes, like worm cult, necro etc.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on July 22, 2017 6:20AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    The three coolest polymorphs in the game cost TelVar. Also sets like black rose and vicecanon's can only be purchased with TelVar.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't need the tell var use it to buy a bunch of hajeiko runes at the AD base in the Imperial City. They cost 5k and they sell for 10k apiece and it is the only place you can get them. Used to make the prismatic glyphs. Just don't run around the IC with them on you. Other players can take them from you if killed. Store in your bank.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are armor vendors in imperial city to spend you tel var stones . There are resource vendors as well if you are into crafting . There is even a skin available and a polymorph if you really want to grind those . Plenty of cool stuff if you have not purchased anything yet . Also the keys you loot open doors to special sets such as willpower gear . Browse the vendors in your home base and take a look .

Also to add there are furniture vendors and PVP furniture can be bought as you raise your alliance rank .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on July 22, 2017 6:48AM
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save the AP for jewelry,motifs, Tel var stones maybe for future sets pieces.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aleximina mercy sword or necro. Flowers for my raiding habit.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look into the golden vendor who appears at weekends only in cyrodill.
    Its different during the event, but usually sells a random monster set piece and 2 random gold prices of jewellery (from any set not just PVP sets).
    You can pay either AP or gold for them.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One 500ap hooker? Or 500 1ap hookers? The choice is yours
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are armor vendors in imperial city to spend you tel var stones . There are resource vendors as well if you are into crafting . There is even a skin available and a polymorph if you really want to grind those . Plenty of cool stuff if you have not purchased anything yet . Also the keys you loot open doors to special sets such as willpower gear . Browse the vendors in your home base and take a look .

Also to add there are furniture vendors and PVP furniture can be bought as you raise your alliance rank .

This sounds awesome but I have had a 20 minute look on google and can't find anything about being able to but a skin or a polymorph with Tel Var stones. Do you know what they are called, how much they cost and where you can buy them? Much appreciated!
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator motif if youve got Morrowind. Its pretty good, and the price is the same as for Akaviri.
    Also, you can save up some ap for weekly vendor's jewelry pieces, she has pve sets sometimes, like worm cult, necro etc.

That is a good idea! I do have Morrowwind so will try this. Although if it is the same as Akaviri I will need millions of AP.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One 500ap hooker? Or 500 1ap hookers? The choice is yours

1AP hookers are fat old and diseased. The choice is yours. :open_mouth:
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This sounds awesome but I have had a 20 minute look on google and can't find anything about being able to but a skin or a polymorph with Tel Var stones. Do you know what they are called, how much they cost and where you can buy them? Much appreciated!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/203007/9-simple-questions-for-anyone-to-answer-if-possible
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Xivkyn Dreadguard, Xivkyn Tormentor, and Xivkyn Augur Polymorphs can very rarely be found in Imperial Reward containers, purchasable from Tel Var Lockbox merchants and Tel Var Greater Lockbox merchants who are found in your alliance’s base in the Imperial City Sewers."

Ok so it is nice that there is a chance but I know what the RNG chances are like in this game. That means open 100 boxes and get 0 polymorphs. :(

Thanks for the information.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭

The only thing I buy with Tel-Var stones are regent packages for alchemy since they are worth a lot. With AP I haven't bought anything actually. I have a few hundred thousand AP just laying around at the bank, but then again I haven't checked the Cyrodiil vendors in a long, long time.
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The Xivkyn Dreadguard, Xivkyn Tormentor, and Xivkyn Augur Polymorphs can very rarely be found in Imperial Reward containers, purchasable from Tel Var Lockbox merchants and Tel Var Greater Lockbox merchants who are found in your alliance’s base in the Imperial City Sewers."

Ok so it is nice that there is a chance but I know what the RNG chances are like in this game. That means open 100 boxes and get 0 polymorphs. :(

Thanks for the information.

@abigfishy Actually the polymorphs drop VERY frequently from random boxes. They cost 250k tel var each to buy outright but I was able to get all three from random boxes with less than 30k TelVar spent! I know I didn't get lucky because I talked to a few others who had the same experience as me. The only upside to buying them for 250k is you can then sell them to other players, something you can't do when you get them in random boxes.
    Edited by CheepsNSalsa on July 22, 2017 3:49PM
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome, do you know which type of box is the best the normal or the greater? Which did you use? All three for just 30k TelVar stones sounds great. If I join an IC group how many TelVar stones do you think I could find per hour?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU