The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Account Wide Skyshards For ESO+

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would this be a good idea? I'd personally like to see it. Why? I don't mind the 1-50 grind, the undaunted grind, the alchemy grind, the gear grind, the werewolf/vampire leveling and so on. What I do mind is leveling up a new toon and then not being able to properly set it up until much later do to a lack of skyshards. And I guess the way I play I'm like to use ww or vamp, alchemy for extending potions use, lots of different skills as well as multiple weapon and armor lines for both PvE and PvP. I can very nearly empty tamriel of skyshards and still fall a bit short if I want to have say SB, 2H, dw, and bow all maxed out. But avoid countless hours running cadwells gold and silver. Anyway I don't mind the other grinds, but I do like to be able to use all my skills once I hit level 50 and I think it would be great to see the skyshards from your toon with the most of them to be unlocked at level 50 like champion points.
Edited by Vapirko on July 22, 2017 1:41AM

Account Wide Skyshards For ESO+ 118 votes

Sounds great!
37%
Mojmirjcf190b14_ESOHanokihsIts_AlexisJerdehillutianxSkullfoxAromakOldManJimBlackbeardBastijerKatinasMgghoolDevlin69ZolronShod83DelpiVileDeeds77Marcd23heartburnkid 44 votes
Nope.
58%
NestorDeadlyRecluseAvidsparkDaveMoeDeeSigtricDarcyMardinOsteosEnodocjaschacasadiob16_ESOSodanTokJasonSilverSpringmertustabarrrtstarkerealmhondelinkkimaerilBloodWolfeVyle_BytehiydeMissBizz 69 votes
Other.
4%
CaffeinatedMayhemMerlin13KAGLPelenewtinmplsTheShadowScout 5 votes
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    While tedious, it brings a sense of accomplishment for each character. Not that this isn't already something that's been talked about several times before.
    giphy.gif
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a nicer idea would be if one character finds a skyshard, it then becomes marked on the map for your other characters to find. This would really help out people who don't have that skyshard add-on, since not all platforms can use that add-on.
    That isn't my idea, btw. I've seen this idea floated around before, but I think it's a good idea.

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 22, 2017 2:06AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Definitely not as part of ESO+.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I think a nicer idea would be if one character finds a skyshard, it then becomes marked on the map for your other characters to find. This would really help out people who don't have that skyshard add-on, since not all platforms can use that add-on.
    That isn't my idea, btw. I've seen this idea floated around before, but I think it's a good idea.

For pc players we have addons for that. There's also an independently developed eso app for mobile phones that has skyshards maps on it. Useful if you're on consol.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 22, 2017 2:38AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!
    @Damianos I'll have to flat out disagree about the sense of accomplishment. I get nothing from it but a giant sigh of relief.

@DaveMoeDee why not ad part of eso+? It's a great perk, and would earn zos income which would be incentive for them to implement it.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!
    Account wide everything please. Exploration included.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!
    Monster Trophies as well. Maybe even Lorebooks.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Not for ESO + only people, feels too much like PTW
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be down for account wide mount training, but skyshards seems a bit too much, imo.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    I don't understand, you can run around and get all the skyshards in minimal time - the only "skill points" you would be short is main quest line rewards of dungeon quest completions for first time.

And if you think ESO+ needs more, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate whether you need it to begin with. If half the subs dropped this month, they would most likely add more incentives. Waste of money for me.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    You are essentially asking for some kind of power leveling service...

Why do you even play alts if you don't enjoy it? With your new characters you should enjoy exploring every corner of every region. Not running like hell from 1 to 50. Take it slow, read the books you find. Listen to dialogues. RP a little. Live it. Love it.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Absolutely no! Giving skill points for money is a perfect example of p2w which will be the end of this game for many people.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!
    @Jim_Pipp it's not skill points for money it would just be the most skyshards of any toon shared across the account like cp. it's not pay2win you'd still have to collect them once. Read before responding.

@jaschacasadiob16_ESO see my response directly above. I've already explored the maps on one toon don't want to do it all over again it doesn't change. I rain the main quest and cadwells gold and silver. And I do enjoy playing alts just mostly for things like pvp and not for exploring. Not everyone enjoys the game for the same reasons. And if you didn't want the option then you could simply run over the whole map to you hearts content.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 24, 2017 7:25AM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Vapirko wrote: »
    @Jim_Pipp it's not skill points for money it would just be the most skyshards of any toon shared across the account like cp. it's not pay2win you'd still have to collect them once. Read before responding.

Read before responding? OK... I don't understand you.

You are comparing this to account wide cp, but that is free for everyone, so of course it's not p2w. It's p2w if someone pays money for an advantage and you are suggesting paying subscribers get lots more skill points. I understand that they are skill points that you could get through normal game play/exploration, and that you would need to collect the skyshards once on another character, but this still sounds like paying money gets you a major advantage. Unless you tell me otherwise I'm going to call this idea p2w.

I'm not sure I would want this even if it was free to everyone, but my objections are all around the problems of charging money for it. Tying skill points to subscriptions is particularly problematic. What would happen if someone's subscription lapsed?

Option1
    You loose all skyshards immeadiately when your subscription lapses. If there is a billing issue You better hope you aren't in combat because your abilities are gone until you can get hold of your bank or eso to resolve whatever the problem is.

I worry this would stop people returning to the game if they have taken a break. Most longterm players take periodic breaks from the game and it's subscription, sometimes indefinitely. If potential returning players can't play their characters (they need to sub to get the skill points necessary) there will be something stopping people returning to the game.

Option 2
    Keep the skill points when your sub lapses, at least until your next respec. Obviously this will encourage some people to take out one month of subscription whenever they start a new character because of the huge time saver it will be. Not everyone will do it, and people who don't will be disadvantaged. I believe a good number of players will leave the game when it becomes p2w, so zos needs to think how much they would loose if they give people a p2w incentive to sub for the odd month here and there.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on July 24, 2017 7:58AM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    While it would be nice and convenient I voted "No" because then everyone who has collected them all will start new characters who will be loaded with skill points which ruins the progression. They aren't hard to find (and at least on PC use the Skyshards addon helps) while questing and playing the game. It's tedious once you've done it a few times, I agree but it won't happen and I don't think it would be a good idea overall.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    I have 14 Alts now. 10 are CP Ranked, with a variety of Skyshard amounts. 2 of these characters need some more shards, but the rest of they characters have all the skill points they need to be effective at what they do. Which in most cases is combat. I have a few crafters, but only one master crafter, and she only needs 25 shards to have them all. However it is only the crafters that need more than 160 to 200 skill points, all my pure combat characters can get by with 160 to 200 skill points.

I get those points with a mix of shards and questing. There is no need for all 14 of my characters to have all the shards in the game, or almost all of them like my master crafter does.
    Edited by Nestor on July 26, 2017 8:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    @Jim_Pipp it's not skill points for money it would just be the most skyshards of any toon shared across the account like cp. it's not pay2win

That's absolutely the definition of pay 2 win when your initial post indicates wanting it as a feature of eso plus, of which you pay for. And having instant access to skill points gathered once or not as a perk of a paying membership, to me is pay 2 win and puts you at an advantage over others who don't have eso plus under this proposal. If this is the case, why not just unlock every achievement if you're eso plus. How about pay 50 bucks and get instant CP 630? Where does it end? Grind it out like everyone else if you want alts with more skills. Or, reevaluate your distribution. I have one character with every craft maxed, and that toon handles ALL of my crafting needs for my alts, freeing skill points up for those toons by not requiring them to dump points into crafting skill lines.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    After one character has found them all, then yes, they should be available to others. And for everyone who thinks this is a bad idea... what about all those lvl 3 toons with 630 CP.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 26, 2017 8:08PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    After one character has found them all, then yes, they should be available to others. And for everyone who thinks this is a bad idea... what about all those lvl 3 toons with 630 CP.

Also a bad idea

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!

This,we already share cp.i know at least when I make an alt,I'm not interested in running all over the map for the umpteenth time. Not everyone is interested in "immersion" and exploration. It's not p2w because you still have to level up,skills,morphs.
    Quit slowing everything down.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think people have already answered this. It's different because the OP is proposing this be a part of ESO+, so you only get it if you pay for it. CP for alts is available to everyone, no charge. If skyshards were to become account wide, it would have to be available to everyone, not just ESO+ members.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!
    @UncannyLinderman big difference between paying for instant leveled character and account wide skyshards once you've done it once. Fine I'm ok if they're free but I doubt zos will do that it's much more likely to show up as a perk I would think and I'm ok paying for a game. Skyshards are nothing but a repetitive grind and if as so many say you can do it in no time anyway then it's a perfect eso+ perk since, according to others, it would only eliminate a short amount of time spent grinding.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 27, 2017 1:44AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!
    @Nestor that's cool but I don't see what your point is. See you suggesting that since new toons only need a small amount of skyshards so we don't need account wide? Seems like a silly point but then ok see my above response. If it would only be elimanting a short bit of grinding it's a perfect eso+ perk. It's not like you're going to suffer from extra skill points.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!
    Also I would add that while this would not actually be pay to win because you can still win on one character and everyone would have to gathe shards for one toon at least, ZOS is already making the game pay2win. Take the current pvp event. Without Morrowind and IC you can't complete the achievements. THAT, is pay2win. Accountwide skyshards is not.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Yes, but only if it's optional. I'd like to be able to claim the skyshards on new characters if I want.
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    make a really big game,then give people a reason to not travel through it,genius idea,i wish i had thought of that
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great!
    @Rahotu still you'd have to do it all at least once if you'd want to have a master crafter. Yikes do you people even think or do you just come on here and vomit reactionary opinions. Not to mention there are a ton of other reasons to explore besides skyshards. And best of all you get to use your skills while doing it with account wide skyshards.
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    @Damianos I'll have to flat out disagree about the sense of accomplishment. I get nothing from it but a giant sigh of relief.

@DaveMoeDee why not ad part of eso+? It's a great perk, and would earn zos income which would be incentive for them to implement it. [
    @Rahotu still you'd have to do it all at least once if you'd want to have a master crafter. Yikes do you people even think or do you just come on here and vomit reactionary opinions. Not to mention there are a ton of other reasons to explore besides skyshards. And best of all you get to use your skills while doing it with account wide skyshards.
    here's what my 1st reaction was speaking of reactionary,what happens to the new player faced with another player at their level with total build diversity? esp in pvp (which i suspect you would use this to it's maximum benefit) but also doing dungeons? it's imo one of the worst and laziest ideas i have heard in many a long forum troll
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    /facepalm

no.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    @Vapirko what do you gain by having access to all the skyshards right away anyway? A new character still has to level through the 50 levels, and the skills have to be leveled. You won't even be able to put the skill points into anything, until you level up, which can be done by travelling around to collect the skyshards anyway. Kill two birds with one stone. I just don't see where there's even a point to this other than laziness. And just because you have no issue with paying for a game doesn't mean others don't. Sure, I spend a little from time to time on crown store stuff and I'm a longtime eso plus sub, but when you start wanting to bring more controversial boosts into things that are paid for, you're crossing into territory of pay to win behavior, and too many games today are in that territory. And many people have other real life expenses to worry about.
    Most shards are easily accessible while doing other things. Just grab them as you need them. I do fine and I seldom get more points from anywhere outside my home alliance areas and that includes all the craft lines.