The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Class change

wesmont65
wesmont65
✭✭
Good morning all,

Do we have any indication if Class Change is going to be available at some time at the store or this is not going to happen?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not planned at the moment, but if you'd like to discuss the pros and cons of such a thing, the most recent thread on the subject is over here -> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/352117/would-you-want-a-class-re-choose-token-option-in-the-game#latest
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It won't ever be added so stop asking for it! Class change is just a ridiculous idea and last I heard ZOS' stance is still firmly against adding that in. This game wasn't designed like the few others that allow learning all weapons or class skills such as Secret World, FFXI, FFXIV, etc.... It won't happen, if you want that go play another game! Stop being lazy and make a new char like everyone else and how most do in the vast majority of MMO's since MMO's started.

Before anyone brings up the argument of those who don't have a lot of play time:
    I don't have a lot of play time either. Maybe an hour a day, couple hours a day on the weekends. I still don't mind making new chars and playing at my own pace but I definitely don't want to see a class re-roll. Everyone will re-roll classes every update to the new FOTM. It will get ridiculous and ruin the game.
    Edited by BloodWolfe on July 21, 2017 1:17PM
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *start a new character
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm... What is that profile pic?
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Mmm... What is that profile pic?

@Ghettokid
    This guy?
    Looks like Dwemer light armor
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously would like to understand this rage ppl get against class change. Like lol i already have every possible class on mag and stam, so im ruining the game by switching them via logoff? People just wanna make their main something they like better, if they want to smash you in pvp with fotm, they WILL, making a new char takes no time.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh God don't mention class change. You'll get every troll on the forum stomping in here to be nasty to you.
    Yeah, I don't get the rage people have about the subject, either. You can change literally EVERYTHING about a character except for their class and alliance. You might as well change class and alliance, too. I know people use some form of "But then everyone will play sorcs!" as a reason, but this reason is ridiculous. People can play sorcs NOW just by rolling a new character, and if they feel the need to get their mount speed up to 60 in five minutes, they can buy riding lessons from the crown store. It doesn't make a dang bit of difference. The other reason is "But then people will change their character class every five seconds to the new meta!" Um ... they can already make a different character for every class, so again, what difference does it make?

It's just a game, people.
    Now watch, someone is going to quote my post to respond to me in an extremely nasty way. In 3 ... 2 ...1 ...

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 23, 2017 7:25AM
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im 100% in favor for class changes, i can play a nightblade today but id love my main to be one, its just a matter of feeling better with my character, why not let me throw money at zos? Seriously ppl pay hefty amounts of money for a stupid hat or costume, why wouldn't i be able to purchase something actually useful?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A sorcerer for everyone
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Oh God don't mention class change. You'll get every troll on the forum stomping in here to be nasty to you.
    Yeah, I don't get the rage people have about the subject, either. You can change literally EVERYTHING about a character except for their class and alliance. You might as well change class and alliance, too. I know people use some form of "But then everyone will play sorcs!" as a reason, but this reason is ridiculous. People can play sorcs NOW just by rolling a new character, and if they feel the need to get their mount speed up to 60 in five minutes, they can buy riding lessons from the crown store. It doesn't make a dang bit of difference. The other reason is "But then people will change their character class every five seconds to the new meta!" Um ... they can already make a different character for every class, so again, what difference does it make?

It's just a game, people.
    Now watch, someone is going to quote my post to respond to me in an extremely nasty way. In 3 ... 2 ...1 ...

0... Hey you are extremely nasty , lol i wanted to fulfill the prophecy :D
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0... Hey you are extremely nasty , lol i wanted to fulfill the prophecy :D
    Hey, I'm ok with that. LOL. :)
    Banana wrote: »
    A sorcerer for everyone
    Everybody can already have sorcerors. :|

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 24, 2017 5:20AM
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    I never understood people's issue with this subject. Sure, some would utilize this far too often I'm sure. But others, and likely most of your casual players, may use it one time on a main, who perhaps chose a poor class for their character and didn't realize it fully until leveling it up a LOT, and just would hate to start from scratch.
    You could always limit the class change on a particular character, too, if your concern is people changing their classes too much. As for people arguing that "everyone would just be sorc" or whatever, that's bogus. If that were the case, it would be the case already as you can have multiple toons. So get out of here with that nonsensical argument.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really bugs me is the lack of pronunciation from ZOS regarding all these class changing posts, like they dont seem to be eager to implement it, but neither they deny it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could any of you kindly provide us with a "No it will never happen" or maybe "we may consider this in the future" just anything that can clarify this subject. I never got any answer when tagging any zos staff, it makes me feel ignored.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really bugs me is the lack of pronunciation from ZOS regarding all these class changing posts, like they dont seem to be eager to implement it, but neither they deny it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could any of you kindly provide us with a "No it will never happen" or maybe "we may consider this in the future" just anything that can clarify this subject. I never got any answer when tagging any zos staff, it makes me feel ignored.

Why answer what has been answered? Besides, forum mods don't have these answers
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I asked them, not you, go troll another post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS_GinaBruno ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could any of you kindly provide us with a "No it will never happen" or maybe "we may consider this in the future" just anything that can clarify this subject. I never got any answer when tagging any zos staff, it makes me feel ignored.
    Thry probably don't have any more to say on the subject since the last time they commented, which was about when race change came out. At that time, if I remember rightly, Alliance Change was "possible, but not any time soon", and Class Change was "not being considered".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pointing out the truth is not trolling. Welcome to community forums
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I havent seen a single post pointing "We are not implementing this" searching for weeks on the forum, if your assumption is it has already been answered, then provide the answer
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. You idiots never stop. It was a stupid idea in year one and its even more stupid now that the revenue system has changed. In net, there's more profit to be made if people have alts. Not a hard concept to understand.

Unless ofcourse you are enjoying a nice comfy spot in the lazy self-entitlement crowd, like the OP.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. You idiots never stop. It was a stupid idea in year one and its even more stupid now that the revenue system has changed. In net, there's more profit to be made if people have alts. Not a hard concept to understand.

Unless ofcourse you are enjoying a nice comfy spot in the lazy self-entitlement crowd, like the OP.
    Surely revenue from two sources, one of which is countably infinite per account, is better than revenue from a single source, which is finite per account. Any one person can only buy four additional character slots, but they could buy class change tokens indefinitely.

Besides, given how much they charge for a character slot (1500), and how much they charge for a race change (3000), you would probably expect them to charge at least 3000 for a class change if it were to exist, and that's already twice the revenue they get for one character slot.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 27, 2017 3:58PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to max 5 characters. That's it. You can play any way you want then. Race change is there if you really want to min max.

It would just make FOTM builds even more prevent. Killing the small amount of diversity we already have and making the game incredibly boring.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your argument is the same people used before race changes, and guess what, it got implemented. Also, every pool i see about this regard is evenly balanced but with a small balance towards agreeing with class changes, so basically half of them are idiots?

As i stated, i already have all possible specs, if i want to play fotm i will, but i find it more enjoyable to use my main simply because its my main, and im willing to pay for it, whats the issue with that? Complaining about diversity is a big lol in a game on which end game trials is 99% mag specs
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    It won't ever be added so stop asking for it!

We will never stop asking, so add it!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I havent seen a single post pointing "We are not implementing this" searching for weeks on the forum, if your assumption is it has already been answered, then provide the answer

Dont care enough to search for it, but is has been stated there is no intention of class change. Maybe it will change, but not likely. No good game has ever offered such a service
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont care enough to search for it, but is has been stated there is no intention of class change. Maybe it will change, but not likely. No good game has ever offered such a service

Stated where? When? I havent seen a single zos post in this regard, if you didnt even search, how could you claim it was already answered?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stated where? When? I havent seen a single zos post in this regard, if you didnt even search, how could you claim it was already answered?

Stated ≠ posted. Searching requires going through eso livestreams and i have little spare time to debate terrible design choices that will never happen.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have little time yet you're here arguing something you supposedly don't care about, now that's interesting.

What im asking is for a answer or a link to it, thats why i tagged the admins, if you dont have anying to add up, please stop flooding the post with salt
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have little time yet you're here arguing something you supposedly don't care about, now that's interesting.

What im asking is for a answer or a link to it, thats why i tagged the admins, if you dont have anying to add up, please stop flooding the post with salt

Yea, but they wont answer you. I have a hit of free time now and again. Pointing out answers to be helpful without a link isnt salt. Your aggressive reaction is salty though
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, but they wont answer you. I have a hit of free time now and again. Pointing out answers to be helpful without a link isnt salt. Your aggressive reaction is salty though

You're right, i was answering a couple of other posts and got a bit mad, unleashed it at you, i apologize for that
  • Tickets2Gunshow
    Pleas ZOS, yes! Give me a Class Change token. I'm a casual player with just one character. I don't do alts because I don't want to repeat all my hard earned achievements and titles. I don't want to repeat Caldwell's Gold again. I don't want to repeat all the other time consuming crap again. I want a damn Class Change token. I will buy the token for $59.00 and re-sub for a ten year plan!! Just give me a Class Change token.

Thank-you.