The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Seventh Legion gear?

estrong20b14_ESO
Where can I find a one handed weapon for my Templar, level 38. I have a good shield, and prefer the one hand with shield. I've been using a two hand axe.
I have some Seventh Legion gear, so would like a weapon too. If someone could make it for me, I can pay. Or can you tell me what guild merchants might carry level 38 gear? And where, please?

Best Answers

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to be tough finding anything below CP160 level at the guild traders. And, this is an overland set ... so it's not craftable unfortunately.

You still have a couple of options:

-- The public dungeon (Razak's Wheel) bosses have the best weapon drop rate. You may want to avoid regular mobs in there due to the loads of XP they give ... up to you.

-- You can also grind chests in the Bangkorai zone. Pretty mundane work. But, it's the best bet when you're trying to avoid XP and outleveling the rest of your Seventh Legion gear. If you're on PC then add-ons can help cut the time down on finding chests. Slightly poorer drop rate than the public dungeon.

-- Finally, if you have any Alliance Points (AP) to spend from PvP, the Cyrodiil bag merchants have Bangkorai coffers you can purchase with AP. The merchant is in your Alliance's Cyrodiil home base. Again, because the loot tables include all Seventh Legion, Spriggan's, and Vampire Lord, you're at the mercy of RNG.
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Seventh legion is only dropped. You can buy it from a guild store though sharp weapons are expensive or you can farm it in bangkorai from world bosses and the like. Wait till you're level 50 though, at 38 it's not worth putting much time into grinding for gear.

@Vapirko

A good idea except the OP will have to start from scratch and re-gear themself with the entire Seventh Legion set when they hit CP levels.

They would like to obtain the one handed weapon now as a non-vet ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 21, 2017 6:32AM
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, the game is buffing you big time while leveling. Take advantage of that and forget about the traits. Heck, even forget about preferred sets to an extent. Any gear that gives set bonuses of any kind in the Attribute you focus on that are near your level is good enough for the PvE that your doing to level to L50. Don't even have to be 5 piece bonuses, you can have 5 2 Piece Bonuses.

Unless your gathering gear for the Sub 50 No CP Campaigns, then what people do is roll alts over and over to farm gear. Then they delete that Alt at L50 and start again. I know a guildmate who did that to get PvP gear for every 5 to 10 levels. He stores it on a Mule.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seventh legion is only dropped. You can buy it from a guild store though sharp weapons are expensive or you can farm it in bangkorai from world bosses and the like. Wait till you're level 50 though, at 38 it's not worth putting much time into grinding for gear.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 21, 2017 6:08AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities that's why I recommend they simply wait another 12 levels. It's just not worth it. Run crafted sets until then. Or spend a potentially massive amount of time farming just to have a weapon that will be unusable at 50.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair point ... I usually run crafted sets myself below 50 since it's so easy to outlevel everything.
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    Thanks. I do have many level 50+ gear saved from my Sorcerer. I still have a long road to 50, Cadwell's Gold.

I want to have a weapon plus shield, it's what I've put my points into/ I'm in Bankorai. Maybe I'll get lucky. Most weapon rewards so far are two handed or destruction staffs. I want to have the extra points from a set of gear.
  • Marcd23
    Marcd23
    ✭✭✭
    Fair point ... I usually run crafted sets myself below 50 since it's so easy to outlevel everything.

I usually just make a level 10set of jullianos and turn it blue... Usually lasts me till level 30-35 then I refresh it... Lol
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    If looking for a shield go to viridian watch the delve boss drops a named shield there generally get it easier on those