The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Akaviri motif legs head shoulders

LastAyleidKing
LastAyleidKing
✭✭✭
I know they are dropping in PvP but I think my PvP skills are on par with a deer trying to halt a semi on the highway......so
Does anyone know the drop rate on the motifs yet in midyear mayhem etc? I've been scrimping scrounging and saving gold spamming thieves guild and or fencing acquiring the other armor pieces on guild shops cheapest I can find prior to event....

Gt LastAyleidKing
Xbox pve player

Best Answer

• LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Got the helmet in a shop 20k :p
    Answer ✓
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Just a helmet motif to go they must be dropping good in PvP event
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I earned about 50 gold boxes today (which I know because the system counts them). The drop rate on the best stuff is pretty low...the boxes are heavily weighted with junk, a few alchemy reagents or siege.

I did get a forward camp and a hakeijo. If I had to guess, based on cost in the game, Zos considers these "purple" rewards, and the drop rate for this category looks like 4-5-%. I'd guess the motifs are considered "gold" rewards, with a drop rate of 0.5-1%. My guess is that this event will make them widely available in guild stores, but won't drop the prices much. So I'd expect the best to stay up around 100k gold, down to 40 maybe for the commons.

If I hated pvp and wanted to get them, I'd use my time to farm other spendy motifs to raise gold for the Akaviri. I can earn $75k in Abahs watch motifs in a couple of hours. Which...if you don't pvp...is way less time than you'll spend trying to earn AP.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best thing I got from a ton of boxes was a forward camp. Other things included style mat for faction and tel var stones.

This is definitely nothing like the anniversary event where motifs dropped like candy.
    I know they are dropping in PvP but I think my PvP skills are on par with a deer trying to halt a semi on the highway......so
    Does anyone know the drop rate on the motifs yet in midyear mayhem etc? I've been scrimping scrounging and saving gold spamming thieves guild and or fencing acquiring the other armor pieces on guild shops cheapest I can find prior to event....

Gt LastAyleidKing
    Xbox pve player

It's ok, zerging will get you plenty of AP. It's what, 16k for taking an undefended keep atm?
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on July 21, 2017 8:51PM
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Um the random group we had going before all the other faction players ruined the lap circuit around the city we were doing we'd clear provision camps for 2.5 to 3k w/o a capture per, forts/keeps 12k (as long as you remember to activate that boon lol.
    I've honestly gained 300k ap in the one sitting got a lot of the midyear achievements already.
    I still need to capture a city district and or win a battle grounds though..... I came in to maybe get a helmet motif but if I can I will go for the gold laurel headwear
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    with a deer trying to halt a semi on the highway.....

awesome metaphor

It's ok, zerging will get you plenty of AP. It's what, 16k for taking an undefended keep atm?

^ zergs help a ton, but sometimes there isn't a zerg available.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...