The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorc questions

Gorilla
Gorilla
✭✭✭
Thanks in advance for your insights...I use both pet and non-pet builds. Front bar is single target, back bar AoE. Generally speaking ;)

1. SD versus Magicka -- which attacks use which? I.e., where should emphasis be?

2. Desto traits -- I run sharpened on the front, charged on the back (both lightning)...any views?

3. Desto enchants -- + SD on the front, + Shock on the back...any views? Note, I might change to magicka poison if needed

Thanks!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say that for a pretty all around good class, there are a LOT of options, so my first question is what do you like?

If pets (and I always say that first because ... at least half my sorcs run pet or partial pet builds) then consider Necropotence 5 (if not, 4 is still good for lots o max magicka).

Do you have all the lightning/shock related passives? Do you have any racial bennies (i.e. one of my sorc's is a Dunmer, so flame bennies). If you are doing a lightning build in PVP would Thunderbug work with what you've got?

Do you PvE? PvP? Attempt to interchange? Trial or delve or just wandering?

Do you need/want any healing/sustain on back bar?

Do you use overload (not everyone does) but it will give you "another bar" to work with.

Just some thoughts.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) pets only use magicka, other attacks scale off both.

2) sharpened is good, next update infused and precise will be better tho.

3) I prefer SD enchants on both weapons because the dmg increase easily outweights the shock dmg.

What gear sets are you using?
    If you run the volitle familair I would suggest the following (with next update in mind):
    5x spinners
    5x necropotence
    1x ilambris (assuming you dont have Maelstrom lightning staffs)

Personally I'm trying precise on the front bar and infused on the back first to see if I can make it work.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen good results with double Infused on the PTS with SD on front and Shock on back, 80-90% Minor Vuln/Off-Balance uptime and 80% SD uptime, plus the shock enchant pulls about 2k dps.

I've been using 5 Necro, 5 Julianos, and 1 monster with the Lover. Still trying to determine if 5 Necro, 4 Architect, 2 monster works since it leaves us with no crit bonuses. It's hard to guage because Minor Slayer is broken on the PTS currently.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    I am primarily PVE overland/solo, but doe dungeons and trials with my guildies. So I tend to build for the former and tweak for the latter.

Thanks for the feedback...I didn't know about the PTS changes so will catch up on those.

@Septimus_Magna That is the exact set-up I run (Necro, Spinners and 1xLLambris). Fun build but might need some new stves.
    Edited by Gorilla on July 24, 2017 12:41AM