Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Major City Guild Traders Work Around Hurts Smaller guilds PS4/NA

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
This is new info, or old info that is not being discussed, that i haven't read on these forums.
Last guild trader changeover = 10 of the traders in Wayrest, Elden Root, Craglorn, and Reaper's March were held by dummy guilds. I checked who won the initial bid and checked 18 hours later and those 10 spots were occupied by very high profile guilds.

Problems;
1) guilds are getting these spots to sell them to big guilds who don't win their bid and/or,
2) high profile guilds are creating dummy guilds to try to "hold" a spot if they don't win their bid or sell if they win their first choice spot.
3) someone has figured out that these guilds will pay 5+ million for these spots and are sniping them to resell.
4) ???

The issue, from my point of view = that of a smaller guild leader...this seems an exploit/work around of the "1 guild gets to bid on 1 trader."

To reiterate; the guild(s) doing this have outcomes = 1 trader, or 1 trader and a trader to sell, or no trader...whereas non exploiters still have only outcomes = trader or no trader.

FURTHER = the exploit/work around users are hurting a smaller guilds ability/chance to get lucky move up that is inherent in the guild bidding system as it was designed.

===================================

+++I suggest an easy fix = a guild that wins a guild trader bid is not "disbandable" until they have no guild trader---they must exist until they are not occupying a stall.+++
Edited by generalmyrick on July 20, 2017 9:45PM
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTF?????

How is this possible?

Can we get a hotfix?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so! I'm not knowledgeable about how it all works, but a hot-fix sounds splendid!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue for, well, since launch. Odds are, the devs don't necessarily see it as a exploit or, if they do, they haven't found a surefire way to shut it down.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that your fix would be the best solution. :) Just make traders permanent- if that guild disbands- it just sits empty for a week.

The dummy guilds have been around for a long time. I don't think they are going to do anything about them. People tried to fight it and they lost. I think the guild that started the alliance against the dummy bids is gone now on ps4NA.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soooo....if it doesn't get fixed then...this is ok to do?

• IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    WTF?????

How is this possible?

Can we get a hotfix?

So, this has been around a long time, although it seems to be rampant in less developed trading communities (primarily PS4 seems to be sprouting these issues).

Basically a guild takes 50 of its members and creates a second guild. The second guild then has their own bid on another trader. They are still paying out the bid but it essentially allows them to bid on multiple guilds. If the primary guild loses their bid, then they disband the second guild which opens up the trader (if the second guild won theirs) and allows the primary guild to buy the trader for almost nothing.

I think its related to the ease of creating new accounts on PS4 as it doesn't require another copy of the game I believe.
    Edited by IronCrystal on July 23, 2017 9:54PM
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if someone made a youtube video on how to do this....think of the problems it could cause! :-(

• Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    WTF?????

How is this possible?

Can we get a hotfix?

So, this has been around a long time, although it seems to be rampant in less developed trading communities (primarily PS4 seems to be sprouting these issues).

Basically a guild takes 50 of its members and creates a second guild. The second guild then has their own bid on another trader. They are still paying out the bid but it essentially allows them to bid on multiple guilds. If the primary guild loses their bid, then they disband the second guild which opens up the trader (if the second guild won theirs) and allows the primary guild to buy the trader for almost nothing.

I think its related to the ease of creating new accounts on PS4 as it doesn't require another copy of the game I believe.

And then those members in the primary guild cover the bid for that guild, AND the dummy guilds (plural). If the main bid goes through they sell these dummy spots to smaller guilds that are "in alliance" with them. This is why the same guilds are the only ones you will ever see in capital city locations.

Unless one of these small guilds in alliance with larger guilds works to make millions of gold, and then decides to break alliance and start a bid war (which is risky as F for the smaller guild) then nothing ever changes. It's truly about the worst economy system in place in any MMO that I've ever seen.