The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Potential Radius Detection (reduction) bug

Cyclonus2020
Cyclonus2020
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I'm a redguard, nightblade, vamp playing on NA server. I've been trying to focus on improved sneak and for pickpocketing/theivery, etc. I've farmed and purchased Night Mother's Embrace sets and Night Terror.

I have tested with NPCs, guards, etc. at different distances. I've compared wearing Night Mother's Embrace, Night terror set (jewelry) combined and standalone vs. not wearing any armor at all.

I've seen no quantifiable difference in wearing these with regards to reduced detection. I've even ran tests where i counted the number of tiles on the floor to test different distances. I also have the medium armor passive that reduces sneak detection (currently at 30%).

So perhaps this is a bug with the class itself , or the armor sets or both.

Would appreciate it if someone could confirm if this is a legitimate defect and if the sneak detection reduction armor/passives are supposed to stack.

Thanks
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    May I thank you in advance for doing this? Was planning on doing the exact same thing but I'll hold-off for now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it has been this way sinc beta 2013
    the entire nightblade stealth needs to be rebuilt
    unable to stay in stealth and unable to keep stealth.
    stealth is broken in eso.
  • Cyclonus2020
    Cyclonus2020
    Soul Shriven
    MarzAttakz wrote: »
    May I thank you in advance for doing this? Was planning on doing the exact same thing but I'll hold-off for now.

So you're seeing the same issues? I'm on PC forget to mention that.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought there was something wrong. My nb stealth has turned to **** lately. Was never like this. Could sneak right up to npc's and they never noticed. Now they see you a mile away. Has there been a nerf or is it just broken?
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on my khajiit i bump into guards and my eye doesn't move...maybe a redguard thing!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.