The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magsorc build for the next patch?

MirkoZ
MirkoZ
✭✭✭✭
Okay , I'm reading the patch notes and there are a lot of changes, I'm not so sure what sets will be good next patch... Suggestions?
(Pvp only :smiley: )
Edited by MirkoZ on July 20, 2017 11:59AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't really know yet until it plays out, but I'll give you my current thoughts

Oblivion damage is gonna be the biggest factor - so a lot will depend on just how much people are using it - but I suspect my usual build focus of stacking as much mag as possible isn't gonna fly anymore.

I think the problem will be with skills used rather than gear worn. I think sorcs are gonna need more heals - a LOT more. In fact, probably everyone is - except those who totally avoid damage by dodging/cloaking.

I came up with an idea of a build to survive infused oblivion spammers, but just didn't like how it played. It involved fitting in mutagen on the bar - and having to slot surge too (as opposed to just on the overload bar) as it became to important to keep it up. This meant dropping my pet (no bar space).
    Soo, the stat loss from that (and associated dmg loss) kind of meant my old DW burst build just didn't have the burst to work without some kind of sustained dmg too - so had to switch to destro and crushing shock.. Oops, no space for 2 shields now - so down to hardened only (and a weaker hardened due to the stat loss)..
    That weaker shields means needing to survive a bit better when the shield gets taken down (which will happen much more often) so dropping my infused/well-fitted traits in favour of impen, trying to fit in boundless for more resists and runawayability..
    For burst heal - the only space is with the resto ult.

Now the healing from mutagen and surge still wasn't really enough - so added in troll-king - which limited gear sets massively. So I tried it with what I had - a straight-forward destro/resto spinners/lich. Sustain wasn't really enough (CS being fairly expensive and all), and what I really didn't like was:
    1. being forced towards destro/resto again.. I much prefer DW.
    2. The sheer amount of buffs to cast before engaging (I hated that about stamsorc) - mutagen, surge, shield, boundless(if you can fit it in)

Options... I feel more sustain is needed than Lich gives. may need to look at jewellery enchants.. Bloodspawn may be a solid choice instead of troll-king for more resto ults. and more resists behind that shield. I just don't like the time it takes to cast... Usually by the time I realise I need it, I already can't afford to miss a shield-cast. The amount if times I've died just the instant that ulti was cast (and awoke with 0 ulti)

But no, I'm not liking the way its going... Not because I think my class will be weak - but because I feel forced into a particular playstyle that I'm not keen on.

The other option (which I don't think will be viable - it barely is against 1v1 shieldbreaker spammer) is massive magica pool and twilight matriarch heals.

Edited by Biro123 on July 20, 2017 1:45PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did oblivion damage change in the patch notes?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »

There's really a combination of things..

1. Fixed the bug where infused did not affect oblivion enchants
    2. Rebalance of traits making sharpened no longer miles ahead of all the others
    3. slight buff to infused.

imo if your build can't deal with taking around 2k unshieldable, unblockable, unresistable damage every 2 seconds, you're gonna struggle. In fact, I think you'll need to cater for twice that, since its never just 1v1.

Now I think this is gonna be the next meta for PVP - so you're gonna have to be able to deal with it.. Even if not everyone is spamming infused/oblivion, enough people will to make it so you cannot rely on shields alone(with the odd dodge/block) to survive.
    Edited by Biro123 on July 21, 2017 11:49PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »

There's really a combination of things..

1. Fixed the bug where infused did not affect oblivion enchants
    2. Rebalance of traits making sharpened no longer miles ahead of all the others
    3. slight buff to infused.

imo if your build can't deal with taking around 2k unshieldable, unblockable, unresistable damage every 2 seconds, you're gonna struggle. In fact, I think you'll need to cater for twice that, since its never just 1v1.

Now I think this is gonna be the next meta for PVP - so you're gonna have to be able to deal with it.. Even if not everyone is spamming infused/oblivion, enough people will to make it so you cannot rely on shields alone(with the odd dodge/block) to survive.

sooooo its bassicaly like the proc sets...... just on a Weapon as a single enchant.... and its not realy mitigatable....

free out of my ass DMG is exactly we needed more right ???
    Edited by Zordrage on July 22, 2017 12:15AM
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Don't really know yet until it plays out, but I'll give you my current thoughts

Oblivion damage is gonna be the biggest factor - so a lot will depend on just how much people are using it - but I suspect my usual build focus of stacking as much mag as possible isn't gonna fly anymore.

I think the problem will be with skills used rather than gear worn. I think sorcs are gonna need more heals - a LOT more. In fact, probably everyone is - except those who totally avoid damage by dodging/cloaking.

I came up with an idea of a build to survive infused oblivion spammers, but just didn't like how it played. It involved fitting in mutagen on the bar - and having to slot surge too (as opposed to just on the overload bar) as it became to important to keep it up. This meant dropping my pet (no bar space).
    Soo, the stat loss from that (and associated dmg loss) kind of meant my old DW burst build just didn't have the burst to work without some kind of sustained dmg too - so had to switch to destro and crushing shock.. Oops, no space for 2 shields now - so down to hardened only (and a weaker hardened due to the stat loss)..
    That weaker shields means needing to survive a bit better when the shield gets taken down (which will happen much more often) so dropping my infused/well-fitted traits in favour of impen, trying to fit in boundless for more resists and runawayability..
    For burst heal - the only space is with the resto ult.

Now the healing from mutagen and surge still wasn't really enough - so added in troll-king - which limited gear sets massively. So I tried it with what I had - a straight-forward destro/resto spinners/lich. Sustain wasn't really enough (CS being fairly expensive and all), and what I really didn't like was:
    1. being forced towards destro/resto again.. I much prefer DW.
    2. The sheer amount of buffs to cast before engaging (I hated that about stamsorc) - mutagen, surge, shield, boundless(if you can fit it in)

Options... I feel more sustain is needed than Lich gives. may need to look at jewellery enchants.. Bloodspawn may be a solid choice instead of troll-king for more resto ults. and more resists behind that shield. I just don't like the time it takes to cast... Usually by the time I realise I need it, I already can't afford to miss a shield-cast. The amount if times I've died just the instant that ulti was cast (and awoke with 0 ulti)

But no, I'm not liking the way its going... Not because I think my class will be weak - but because I feel forced into a particular playstyle that I'm not keen on.

The other option (which I don't think will be viable - it barely is against 1v1 shieldbreaker spammer) is massive magica pool and twilight matriarch heals.

Thank for your comment , btw I feel bad for this update..too many changes and I have to change my playstyle too or I will get rekt...
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy attack knights slayer/Oblivion enchant will hopefully be patched to be less effective than current PTS. Otherwise I will have to drop Dampen and run healing Ward+mutagen back bar. And probably troll King too, which means no more vamp.

But it's really too early to tell how PTS is going to shake out