Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Heartwood.

Disarmonia
Not many people would agree as the price would drop.
But, heartwood doesnt have a good drop rate.
I find all the other craft mats drop a decent amount of the time, besides heartwood, pls even it out
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, I have tons of it but I don't do housing stuff. Is it not just the more used mat? I.e. You need it more?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it is used in end game crafting and is for cosmetic purposes only ... I think the scarcity (and drop rate) is just fine.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strangely enough, I find more Heartwood than Bast...that seems to be the rarest mat for me. Still, it's pretty rare.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Furniture mats are not so rare now. They made some kind of change with the update. I never have tons of material but enough not to rage.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sell it?.... confused cat is confused....why would anyone buy it?

After a few months so much of the dam stuff is piling up I'm dumping it on npcs or giving it to guildies, in all honesty I'm starting to wonder why the drop rate is so high, how much furniture do they plan on me making!!!

:/
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not building much right now, but I noticed I get more heartwood in a node than wood sometimes, same with the other mats. I got the feeling they buffed the furniture drops for the new Morrowind folks so they could actually make a set.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    It goes in cycles make sure you are only farming wood and nothing else plus the gather proc will only proc on wood instead of blowing it on resources you do not need as urgently.
    Xbox One Na
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    guild stores have plenty and gold is easy to find.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Disarmonia
    Maybe I just have shocking rng, i rarely ever get it :(
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I've found loads of the other furnishing crafting mats, but Clean Pelts is the one that is really rare for me.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is a strange beast. I get far more Heartwood than any other furniture mat, I currently have over 600.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Disarmonia
    I am actually jealous right now
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really should be called: hard-to-get-wood instead of heartwood
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Disarmonia
    ^heh
  • Disarmonia
    Im still bummed that they have nightwood but not morningwood tbh
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It goes in cycles make sure you are only farming wood and nothing else plus the gather proc will only proc on wood instead of blowing it on resources you do not need as urgently.
    What gather proc? The Plentiful Harvest CP passive? If yes, what do you mean by 'blowing it on resources you do not need as urgently'? Does Plentiful Harvest have a cooldown? I thought it gave every node the chance to yield more.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    i literally have over 60 of every other ingredient, and 5 heartwood. And i farm ash as much as any other node lol so wtf.

Hard-to-get wood ftw
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pele wrote: »
    What gather proc? The Plentiful Harvest CP passive? If yes, what do you mean by 'blowing it on resources you do not need as urgently'? Does Plentiful Harvest have a cooldown? I thought it gave every node the chance to yield more.

@Pele

The 10% Chance to double your harvest is on every attempt.

There is a theory that the curves behind most RNG are Sinusoidal in shape so that you get a run of good luck followed by a run of average luck followed by a run of bad luck. Most operations seem to support this theory. Like refining raw mats for tempers, or how you can get a Nirncrux early on, followed by two or three more, then nothing for the next 45 minutes. However I go through the game like I have a hoover vacuum cleaner. The Harvest Double seems to happen over all at a 10% rate consistently. In fact, I think it happens more than 10% of the time, but certainly not like half of the times.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor : ah ok, just as I thought. Thank-you for the confirmation and additional info about the theory. Very interesting.
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Really, I have tons of it but I don't do housing stuff. Is it not just the more used mat? I.e. You need it more?

from my exp the op is correct,heartwood doesn't drop as much as the other mats and i harvest wood more than anything
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disarmonia wrote: »
    Im still bummed that they have nightwood but not morningwood tbh

I get wood every time I get my chopper out ;)
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not doing well with finding heart wood either.....sigh
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it easy enough, but I honestly find farming gold is easier and quicker for me, so I just buy mine on the guild traders.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol so I have yet to burn any Furniture mats i have found in the world at large. I have never purchased any or traded for any. My stocks are not even close to balanced.

Blacksmithing: Regulus 144
    Woodworking: Heartwood 17
    Clothier: Bast and Clean Pelts 212
    Provisioning: Decorative Wax 985
    Enchanting: Mundane Runes 211
    Alchemy: Alchemical Resin 453

Straight RNG? I think not :)
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll add that I've gotten 4 of those HW in the last few days lol
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    For me it doesn't seem too weird, pretty much matches the frequency at which I harvest the different nodes:

Regulus 949
    Bast 1308
    Heartwood 1093
    Mundane Rune 879
    Alchemical Resin 2424 - I harvest more alch nodes than any other, a ratio of 2 to 1 doesn't sound too far off
    Clean Pelt 378 - I don't kill a lot of mobs that drop them
    Decorative Wax 647

I have used some regulus and heartwood in crafting, maybe 100-200 each, but very little bast. Included clean pelts and deco wax but since those drop from different sources that I just don't harvest as much the numbers can't really be compared to the others.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol so I have yet to burn any Furniture mats i have found in the world at large. I have never purchased any or traded for any. My stocks are not even close to balanced.

Blacksmithing: Regulus 144
    Woodworking: Heartwood 17
    Clothier: Bast and Clean Pelts 212
    Provisioning: Decorative Wax 985
    Enchanting: Mundane Runes 211
    Alchemy: Alchemical Resin 453

Straight RNG? I think not :)

It’s not going to be straight RNG unless you’ve hit each node type the exact same number of times.

Bias towards looking in containers (decorative wax) and ignoring cloth/ore/wood nodes could influence the numerical outcomes above ... not poor RNG.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heartwood is also the one I run out the most. Same with Pitch. Not because it drops less often but because a lot of the furniture I like to make uses it.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taleo I totally agree. I'd like to think that BS, Cloth, and Wood would be similar though, as its not like i run out of wood first when I'm running writs. Those nodes are at least similar in numbers. Its not like i found 13x more Cloth nodes than Wood, etc.
    Like i said though the last week or so ive started finding more so who knows? Maybe im out in BFE more.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA