The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Idea: gear mannequins/gear racks (assuming no add'l storage offered)

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, I know you all want housing storage. Please DO NOT make this thread about housing storage. This thread is about a possible quality of life improvement idea that doesn't involve expanding storage...which would work better, but thus far ZOS has resisted the idea.

So, if we can't have housing storage for gear, can we have a rack where we can place our gear sets? I'm imagining a rack like an updated version of the Knights of the Nine armor in Oblivion (for old schoolers who remember that). The rack would contain slots for all armor pieces, weapons and jewelry. A player would approach the rack, activate it, and get a submenu that allows them to "exchange all" or exchange specific pieces.

Exchanging means removing what they're wearing and putting it on the rack, and whatever is in that slot on the rack goes immediately on the player. Exchange all would take off ALL your gear, put it on the rack, and put everything on the rack onto the player. Or the player could choose just legs and chest to exchange two specific pieces.

The slots on the rack (if the item offers no addl storage) can be tied to the player's bank. To remove 12 items and put them on a rack, the player needs 12 empty bank slots. To put 12 items on and take 12 off, no bank slots.

Why is this helpful? For those of us who play many roles in pvp and pve, we end up carrying around endless gear, and swapping out can take forever. Under this proposed system, once I refine my maelstrom fighting set I can rack it, then go play pvp without carrying it around. When I'm ready to do maelstrom again, I port to the house with the rack and bam, good to go. Then my pvp set is on the rack and waiting for when I need it.

Edited by davey1107 on July 19, 2017 9:08PM