Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Khajiit templar, how bad is that?

Astarana
Astarana
✭✭✭
As the I mentioned in the title, I created my second char - Khajiit templar when i just started playing because Khajiit is my favorite race (my main is Khajiit Nightblade, surprise surprise). Another "mistake" I made was to split my attribute points between magicka and health. Then I did not play my templar past lvl 6. Now I'm wondering if there is any point on lvling her or should I just delete her and create a bit more viable templar.
I'm not very good at PvE, suck at PVP, so I guess it shouldn't matter to me since I'm not going to be at the top anyway and I should just enjoy playing the alt. On the other hand, if it will be a struggle to play because i can't fight my way through mobs, I rather not get pissed off dying a lot.
I would appreciate any feed back because right now I'm split 50-50.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar FTW!, cheap and easy to change attribute points...
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. I guess I'll give it a try :smile:
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also a cat through and through. Hum...how many Khajiit s do I have now? Hmm...six, I guess. Then eight on my nephews account I help him with (he only wants to be a Khajiit, lol).

Anyway, some tips:

Khajiit are made to be stamina characters because their racial passive are aimed that way. HOWEVER, it's not a total loss. Their racial passives are:

1. Increase health recover by 20% and stamina recovery by 10%. You still get 2/3rds the benefit here on a magic toon, it's a small loss. But stam recovery is useful too.
    2. Reduce sneak radius and increase damage done in stealth: this works equally as well for a magic toon, it's just that Templars don't do as much damage from stealth.
    3. Increase weapon crit. This is a total loss on a magic toon, sorry.

So a magic Khajiit is losing about half their racial passives. It's not ideal, but not the end of the world, honestly. They would struggle in trials and the very hardest content, but you don't play the hardest content. Either build a stamina Khajiit, which would be quite strong, or build a magic Khajiit and have fun being a rebel. You'll be able to tackle 99% of the game just as easily.

If you do roll a magic Khajiit Templar:

1. ALWAYS put all attribute points in a character's fighting resource. Just do it and forget about it. There are a myriad of reasons, but the bottom line is that you can hone your health through gear and never touch attributes, ever.

2. Magic Templar is hella fun...I think you should go for it. But it's going to be different than your stamblade. You'll excel at sustain, and be weaker on dps. Help your Templar out by giving her dps gear. If you can craft, think sets like Julianos and Magnus. Spell damage enchants. And pay attention to the damage buffs. Nightblades get them all pretty easily...a Templar has to think about their bar to get major sorcery and major prophesy. Entropy and reflective light are good ways to start.

3. You WILL NOT die a lot as a magic Templar, lol. When in doubt, cast jabs and watch that health pop back to full. If things get hairier, jabs plus harness magica. Even hairier? Jabs, harness and breath of life. You'll be amazed how much easier templar is than stamblade.

Have fun, and tell your Templar that if anyone ever makes fun of her for being a magic character, she has the Khajiit council's permission to claw their pancreas out.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can make my Magic Sorcerer Orc work, you can make a Magic Templar Khajiit work
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the insight from davey above is good. I play the smallest magplar healer on the battlefield (a Bosmer) and she does very well thank you.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say for pve and pvp is practice! You won't be good in the beginning. No one is. Anyone who says otherwise is denying that they were noobs at one point. If you don't know how to do something, look up a guide or a build. Your race doesn't matter much if you aren't a minmaxer. Otherwise, just practice. Do pledges. Group with a friend in pvp and follow their lead. One step at a time!
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on July 19, 2017 11:14PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you can change your attribute points. A few of the major cities have shrines where you can do that for an in-game gold cost.
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    @davey1107, thank you very much for your detailed advice. I'll go for it!
    Thank you all for your advice and responses.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try out healing, it give instant dungeon access, Also very nice in group (zerg) PvP as you can stay back.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a mageblade Khajiit for a long time and I beat veteran maelstrom with him. My friend got flawless in maelstrom on a mageblade khajiit as well. We both ran vet trials together without issues.

The only reason him and I switched races (I a high elf and him a dark elf) was because we were doing a VMOL progression and we needed the extra damage on the last boss. Him and I could beat the first two bosses with magic khajiits. Since the patch where resources are harder, being a magic khajiit would be harder.

But yes, Khajiit all the way!
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Asardes
      Asardes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Khajiit and Templar is actually a very good combo since the race has bonus weapon critical and the class has a bonus to critical damage done and a spammable DPS skill that gives major savagery. Go stamina and it will be really good.
      Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
      vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
      41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
      Member of:
      Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
      Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
      Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
      Valinor Overflow: Trader
      The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
      Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
      Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
      Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
      Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
      Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
      Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
      Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
      Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
      Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
      Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
      Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
      Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
      Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
      Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
      Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
      Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
      Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
      30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
      Member of:
      Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
      Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    • Kamatsu
      Kamatsu
      ✭✭✭✭
      Race & racial bonuses do not matter in regards to general PvE, or zerg-based PvP. You can play through all the PvE quest's, delve's, dungeons, etc with every race & class combo possible without too much trouble.

Race & racial passives are only important if your trying to completely min/max a character, looking to get the best times in trials, vet dungeons, VMA, etc. If your into endgame content and pushing for the fastest clears... then yes you want the most optimum class & race combination. If you are not interested in high-level endgame stuff... then play whatever you want for fun.

Your Khajiit Templar can work with both magicka or stamina builds, although it will naturally do better with the stamina due to the racial passives. Either way, head to Elden Root and pay some gold to reset your attributes and put them all in either stamina or magicka - depending on which way you decide to play.
      o_O