The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Looting PVP mode

badmojo
badmojo
✭✭✭✭✭
Would be interesting to have a hard mode campaign where your gear drops on death, letting the person who killed you loot your gear.

Obviously there would need to be a bunch of special rules to make it work. Like you would be stripped naked upon entering cyrodiil and can only equip unbound armor and weapons, meaning sets wouldnt be allowed. Also we could only equip or remove gear at the gates to ensure people arent taking their gear off at the first sign of danger.

I think it would add a bit of risk versus reward to pvp. Do you upgrade and enchant some trash gear and gain an advantage, or run out naked and hope you can get an easy kill to suit up.
Edited by badmojo on July 19, 2017 4:11PM
[DC/NA]
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Would be interesting to have a hard mode campaign where your gear drops on death, letting the person who killed you loot your gear.

Obviously there would need to be a bunch of special rules to make it work. Like you would be stripped naked upon entering cyrodiil and can only equip unbound armor and weapons, meaning sets wouldnt be allowed. Also we could only equip or remove gear at the gates to ensure people arent taking their gear off at the first sign of danger.

I think it would add a bit of risk versus reward to pvp. Do you upgrade and enchant some trash gear and gain an advantage, or run out naked and hope you can get an easy kill to suit up.

I fully support this idea, as this is something that was in asheron's call back in the day and made you a real pvp'er... unfortunately.... the kids these days are little *** *** and would cry a *** ocean if they lost their gear, and the use of cheat engine would skyrocket.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooo...interesting. I'd rather you start with nothing, naked, but there are NPCs that drop any set in the game and more nodes to find materials to create glyphs and poisons and potions.
    Players would be lootable as well.
    Tribal warfare and lots of gear farming groups trying to get the blessing on RNGeezus so they can survive.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only gear in this mode should be gear you've found in this mode...or stole.