Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Homes with loading screens. Do you hate it as I do?

Ermiq
Ermiq
✭✭✭✭✭
I like the Homestead feature. I really do.
But I absolutely don't want to go in my houses because of loading screens. I also would be glad to purchase more houses for free fast travelling, but it doesn't work at all.
I was thinking about buying a big house in Mornhold to be able to fast-travel there. But it makes no sense. Imagine that I need to go to my Mornhold house (first loading screen - 30-35 secs), then I need to go out to the city (second loading screen 30-35 secs). If I don't use my homes, I'm just running to the nearest wayshrine and going to Mornhold (just one loading screen).

Even if I don't want to go somewhere, I still don't want to go one of my houses to rest and spend some time there because of those damn loading screens.

As we know, garrisons in another MMORPG are made as a part of the world zone. It's just an individual zone in separated channel. Players got their own buildings, pets and other things there as well, but they doesn't need to go through a loading screens.
Why didn't ZOS made homes this way?
Well, maybe it's impossible to load all furnishings coordinates so fast in one second when player is going through the door. But I think they were able to make homes as a part of world zones (and not entire new zones as we've got it), and all player's home data would be loaded with other zone data. When player goes into his house, the game puts him in a separated channel.
Yes, it's quite difficult to do for ZOS and they had choose the easy way.
But still it's the worst thing in Homestead for me.
Edited by Ermiq on July 19, 2017 9:37AM
One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. This is the one and only reason I don't use my houses more often.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know it's like at max 20 seconds of leading unless you get one forcing you to close the game (very rare in my case).

I mean sure times could be improved but I don't think they're making the entire idea of update less of a joy to play.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    Well, maybe it's impossible to load all furnishings coordinates so fast in one second when player is going through the door.

BDO can do this (although furniture may load after a few seconds because of so many props), Vanguard did it, SWG could do it with 6k of items in your house or more.

I am pretty sure ESO could do it.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I think the loading is somewhta necessary, being the same property instanced per account that owns it. Each time you enter that specific house, the server must send you the ata to show it the way it was the last time you left.

Of course, you could always load all your properties at once, when you lunch the game, but imagine you have 10-15, all of them furnished. Loading them all would take a significant amount of time. Given that you aint very likely going to visit all of them during the same session, I do understand they prefer to load one on demand.

The load time is annoying yes. But it is necessary. They do prefer the lazy solution (on demand) and honestly I think it's the right way to do it. They could certainly work to make it faster. But that's a different story.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, you could always load all your properties at once, when you lunch the game, but imagine you have 10-15, all of them furnished. Loading them all would take a significant amount of time. Given that you aint very likely going to visit all of them during the same session, I do understand they prefer to load one on demand.
    No no, I'm not asking for loading all 15 houses data at launch. Just 3 houses when loading a zone. For example, we can get 3 houses in Deshaan max. So, I think it wouldn't be too much to load 3 houses data when Deshaan zone is loading.
    Although minimized house loading time would be nice too.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
    Options