The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hybrid Sorc - Advice Wanted

ParaNostram
ParaNostram
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've been working on and tweaking a hybrid sorc, but every time I think I've got it figured out I feel like my performance drops. Here's my current set up.

5 heavy, 2 light, 5/5 Shacklebreaker, 5/5 Knight Slayer, 1 Molag Kena (I can also sometimes try swapping out knight slayer for impregnable). All gear has tristat enchantments, all rings have weapon damage enchants, and my attribute allocation is 44 Magicka the rest is dumped into Stamina.

Fire staff bar - Crystal frags, force pulse, hardened ward, lingering curse, power surge (to buff both my spell and weapon power), Eye of Flame

Greatsword bar - Dizzying swing, crit charge, streak, dark deal (to get back stamina as well as heal), endless fury, Flawless Dawnbreaker.

The logic behind my stat allocation is that magicka abilities like ward scale off of max magicka, where as weapon abilities scale best off of max weapon damage. This allows me to have access to wards.

Please, any advice would be welcome. However, if your advice is just to not play a hybrid, I will ignore that statement. I want to play a hybrid, I have a mag sorc and I have a stam sorc, if I wanted to play either of those I would get on either of those characters and play.

Thank you for your feedback.
"Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
Bosmer Sorceress
Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
Order of the Black Worm
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice nobody answered you because your requirements below are ridiculous? Players can't change the game mechanics, so of course the best advice you're going to get is going to be tailored to the path the mechanics have forced players down. Totally welcome to play hybrid, but unless you use that one set that makes your weapon / spell damage equal to each other I don't see how you're going to make it work.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pelinal's set - I'm not sure how one can hybrid without it, or maybe through TBS getting wep & spell dmg up?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd assume you take absolutely no points in anything crit related. You focus on gear that gives you health + spell or weapon damage. I can only see this working with a health / heavy armor build. Rattlecage + Pelinal etc. or maybe Reactive + Pelinal?

The build would have to be centered around the usefulness of using a Stam weapon and a Staff weapon. Maybe staff dots > weapon dmg dots?

When I think of what the biggest differences are it would be:

Passives related to Heavy Attacking for the different weapon types - I could see a Mage/Archer Mage/2hW build, etc. etc. But you'd have to have a very specific set of passives in your head or skills in your mind that you would want to use effectively on the weapon damage or spell damage side.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    im yet to come across a hybrid that gives me that "oh ***, he hits hard" feeling.
    when i see a hurricane 2 handed sword sorc throw a 2k crystal frag i laugh.
    let me know how this works for you.
    i think you need pellinials
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dps hybrids are always trash.

Hybrids are basically locked into utility roles or tanks.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »
    im yet to come across a hybrid that gives me that "oh ***, he hits hard" feeling.

Pelinal's is absolutely the set you have to use. I think then you go with heavy and build it off the concept of maybe buffing with one pool (because spell dmg buffs with pelinal will increase your wep dmg). I think it has to be a heavy attack build too, so probably heavy armor. I just don't see how it's viable at all if you're talking about wanting to complete vet trials etc. If you're talking PVP anything is possible, depending on the quality of player you're fighting against. But, a Max/Min build good player will always whomp you quick.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see a hybrid class working for buffing / debuffing. But that's about it.
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont do it. Best advice ever.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been working on and tweaking a hybrid sorc, but every time I think I've got it figured out I feel like my performance drops. Here's my current set up.

5 heavy, 2 light, 5/5 Shacklebreaker, 5/5 Knight Slayer, 1 Molag Kena (I can also sometimes try swapping out knight slayer for impregnable). All gear has tristat enchantments, all rings have weapon damage enchants, and my attribute allocation is 44 Magicka the rest is dumped into Stamina.

Fire staff bar - Crystal frags, force pulse, hardened ward, lingering curse, power surge (to buff both my spell and weapon power), Eye of Flame

Greatsword bar - Dizzying swing, crit charge, streak, dark deal (to get back stamina as well as heal), endless fury, Flawless Dawnbreaker.

The logic behind my stat allocation is that magicka abilities like ward scale off of max magicka, where as weapon abilities scale best off of max weapon damage. This allows me to have access to wards.

Please, any advice would be welcome. However, if your advice is just to not play a hybrid, I will ignore that statement. I want to play a hybrid, I have a mag sorc and I have a stam sorc, if I wanted to play either of those I would get on either of those characters and play.

Thank you for your feedback.

before Morrowind I had a decent hybrid sorc, now she doesn't work as good as she used to.

Basically this:

5 pieces WoF + 4 pieces WMK (Or any set with 2 spell dmg bonus) + 2 Slimecraw + 2 weapon dmg and 1 spell dmg glyph

2H sword bar sharpen (lit glyph)

Crit rush, Uppercut (any morph), Dark Deal, Streak, Frags, U DBoS/Meteor/Negate

Bow bar(lit glyph)

Poison injection, endless fury, power surge, haunting curse, frags, U Ballista/Overload

Typical rotation with sword: hard cast frags > crit rush > uppercut > streak > crit rush
    Typical rotation with bow: Full heavy > poison inject > la > curse >la > endless > frags if procs.
    Combo rotation: Full heavy (bow) > Poison inject > Curse > Crit rush > Streak > crit rush > Uppercut (executioner)

It was a fun build (implosion procs were the best part). Now it's dead.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Tee-hee..

My 2-handed sorc could hit you with a 15k frag...
    Would have to reset a skill point to run hurricane though ( I have thought about it)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybrids are slowly starting to make an appearance in Tamerial and will continue to grow steam with the new monster helms coming in the next dlc. I like the idea of a hybrid sorc especially since you will have access to two executes that should fire off at the same time(implosion, mage's wrath). Pelinal's gear is essential, but the best combo I have yet to find. The only two hybrids I ever tried were on Templar, one a werewolf build and the other a sniper jbeam special. The latter of the two worked very nicely till the last Jbeam nerf. Albeit I only fooled around with hybrids for a month or so, the best way I found was to go stamina with niche magicka abilities due to the fact that weapon dmg was much easier to grow then magicka. Hope this helps...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Tee-hee..

Would have to reset a skill point to run hurricane though ( I have thought about it)

15k tooltip doesnt transfer to pvp.
    id luke to see your 30k tooltip on a hybrid sorc.
    i have a magsorc with 50k mag and 3.5k dmg and an empowerd frag is a 22k tooltip
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Tee-hee..

i have a magsorc with 50k mag and 3.5k dmg and an empowerd frag is a 22k tooltip

I'm not talking about the tooltip. I'm talking about actual PVP hits... ofc. it isn't really a hybrid - its a full-on magica sorc which just happens to be using a 2-hander..:

https://www.screencast.com/t/Qon1Nny8KL

With the frag empowered, procced and critting you can hit 15k relatively easily.
    Edited by Biro123 on July 22, 2017 6:02PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭

Tee-hee..

I'm not talking about the tooltip. I'm talking about actual PVP hits... ofc. it isn't really a hybrid - its a full-on magica sorc which just happens to be using a 2-hander..:

https://www.screencast.com/t/Qon1Nny8KL

With the frag empowered, procced and critting you can hit 15k relatively easily.

i can see that then. i was talking about a hybrid when i was reffering to a 2h sorc. yea i crit 15+ K depending on the target