The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning Player Needs Advice

vanillexhope
vanillexhope
✭✭✭
Greetings. It's been quite a spell since I last played ESO. I was just curious, with all the changes that have happened since I left, if I could get some insight into what content to focus on. I need a break from the end game grind of another game, so I'm using ESO as a more relaxing experience than a grind to the top as fast as possible. I play a stamina Nightblade. I absolutely love the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild stuff. I got pretty far along in those before, but I've rerolled a fresh character. I was dropped off in a new zone I wasn't familiar with, so I went back to the AD starting areas I was more familiar with. Where should I be questing? Does that matter? Should I be focused on the main quest? Is it okay to take some time out early in my leveling to focus on Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood?

My ESO goals are: mostly solo stuff, achievements, housing, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild advancement. I'm not into PvP really. I also don't feel comfortable doing group stuff because I always main a healer in MMOs and I'm not sure I'd enjoy DPSing as a Nightblade in group content.

Thank you for any insight you might be able to provide.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc master race
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey .. so as a player not so into the whole grind to level asap..

Enjoy the main quest line, help the Queen, mages and fighterguild... also go do the thieveguild and darkbrotherhood...

dont focus on anything, just enjoy.. remember that hybrid builds are also now becoming a thing..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a main storyline for each alliance plus the main one with the prophet. When I started out it took me about a month to complete each alliance. This includes all the quests in the area so you have a lot of questing ahead of you! The DLC areas level to your current level so explore all the DLCs and do the main quests.

A stamina night blade is a little tricky for PVE content especially solo compared to the other classes so make sure you have some AOE and self heals but for beginning quests you shouldn't have too much of an issue. That's what I started out as and switched to magic night blade because it was a lot easier to do solo content with magic.

Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • RavenSworn
      RavenSworn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Heya op, honestly I'd suggest you go with the flow and do whatever quest that comes in your way. Be dictated enough to finish a quest line but loose enough to explore the zone and the immediate area around you. Note that doing the main zone quests (the ones that deals with your faction and also will bring you to different places of the zones) would give you skill points as you finish them.

I level my stamina Nightblade just fine and I had no problem soloing dolmens and delves, even public dungeon bosses. This game rewards you to be on the move, knowing when to interrupt or bash, heavy attacking when it's needed and just the mechanics per se. Nightblades are tricky to learn but once you master them, the rest of the content are easily done.

It doesn't really matter which zone you start first, i skipped a lot of areas and played only the ones that I love most, that got me to 50 and beyond easily. However, for continuity sake, finish up the main faction quests, the fighters guild quest and also the mage guild quests. You can do the main story quest at cp 160 since it gives good quest rewards at higher levels imo.

All in all, you can always switch to magic Nightblade and heal since that is your go to role in mmos. Have fun!
      Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
      Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
    • Darlgon
      Darlgon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      monty-python-run-away.jpg
      Power level to CP160 in a week:
      Where is the end game? You just played it.
      Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
      Where is new content? Sigh.