The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild Housing & Collaboration

milkbox
milkbox
✭✭✭✭✭
Since housing concerns have been shipped off to the hinterlands (I mean, yay! new housing forum!), I thought I'd make thread about my #1 wish.

A lot of us have had fun with our single-player homes, but the system really fails when it comes to collaboration. I belong to a few guilds that would like to build halls and arenas together, but the process of having multiple people work on a property is a huge pain. It's almost impossible to work extensively on a house someone else owns. I know this is also a problem for couples who would like to share and decorate a house together.

I understand there are problems with sharing achievement furniture and crown store purchases, but I think most people would pay extra to have those restrictions waived.

I really hope that guild housing and a new permissions system is in the works, and that it can be retro-actively applied to houses that have already been purchased.

I know I'm dreaming, here- but the current limitations are truly frustrating to me. Let's make housing multi-player too!

Any other housing enthusiasts have thoughts on a guild-hall system?
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the guild hall for a guild that I'm in, and while the other people can move stuff around they can't add their own stuff. This makes it difficult for other people to make their own stuff. I would like to be able to give people permission to place items. Ideally they'd be able to place bound stuff, but that might cause complications.

I would also like to be able to give people different permissions for different ranks, so that new recruits can only visit, while high ranking members can add their own stuff.

And I would also like for a specific house to be able to be asigned as a guild hall for a specific guild, so that it's easier for members to find. This shouldn't be limited to the guildmaster's houses, as many guilds have someone else hosting the guild hall. It would also be nice if this allowed a different house to be selected as primary, so I can show of a different house.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1, I bought the cavern for my guild, I have bought the Mundas stones and they have contributed the attunable stations. But I would love for them to have the same access that I have. Adding their own stuff would be awsome, allowing them to use the furniture I have in the bank or their own would be helpful. As it stands now I have to pull out all the furnishings and they then have to carry them to wherever they would like to place them. I for one and not adding every single guilde member as a decorator.
  • ChronoChristophe
    milkbox wrote: »
    Since housing concerns have been shipped off to the hinterlands (I mean, yay! new housing forum!), I thought I'd make thread about my #1 wish.

A lot of us have had fun with our single-player homes, but the system really fails when it comes to collaboration. I belong to a few guilds that would like to build halls and arenas together, but the process of having multiple people work on a property is a huge pain. It's almost impossible to work extensively on a house someone else owns. I know this is also a problem for couples who would like to share and decorate a house together.

I understand there are problems with sharing achievement furniture and crown store purchases, but I think most people would pay extra to have those restrictions waived.

I really hope that guild housing and a new permissions system is in the works, and that it can be retro-actively applied to houses that have already been purchased.

I know I'm dreaming, here- but the current limitations are truly frustrating to me. Let's make housing multi-player too!

Any other housing enthusiasts have thoughts on a guild-hall system?

I love this idea. In fact I would like to take it a step further. I think guilds should be able to build a town around their guilds. Nothing big. Just houses for their guild members and some crafting stations like in other towns. It could be done as guild quests.