The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dwaren Ore, where is it? Why am I finding Calcinium ore every where and no Dwarven ore?

Thasrion
Thasrion
Soul Shriven
So I found out that I have to have a certain Blacksmithing level to gather higher level ores. Found out the hard way running around for 2 days before I asking a friend. So my crafter can craft the items for level 36 and up to 50. 3 days now I've been trying to find Dwarven ore, going to many areas and all I find is Iron, Orichalcum, and Calcinium ore. What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be great.
Edited by Thasrion on July 17, 2017 6:53PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Material nodes will always be roughly 50/50 your character level/your crafting level.

So one or the other has to the in the right level range for dwarven ore.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Thasrion
    Thasrion
    Soul Shriven
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Material nodes will always be roughly 50/50 your character level/your crafting level.

So one or the other has to the in the right level range for dwarven ore.

So you're saying I would have to be a level 36 character and the same level crafter to build level 36 items to get dwarven ore to pop?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, being a level 36-44 and having metalworking at tier 4 would maximize node spawns of dwarven ore to 100%.

To clarify, nodes spawn at 50% character level and 50% passive improvement level.

So, if you have your metalworking at tier 6, you would be able to craft calcinium gear ... along with finding calcinium in ore nodes 50% of the time.
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 17, 2017 7:19PM
  • Thasrion
    Thasrion
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, being a level 36-44 and having metalworking at tier 4 would maximize node spawns of dwarven ore to 100%.

To clarify, nodes spawn at 50% character level and 50% passive improvement level.

So, if you have your metalworking at tier 6, you would be able to craft calcinium gear ... along with finding calcinium in ore nodes 50% of the time.

So in other words, better get all the dwarven ore you can get cuz you never getting any more once you pass that level? That's kinda dumb.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Thasrion wrote: »
    So in other words, better get all the dwarven ore you can get cuz you never getting any more once you pass that level? That's kinda dumb.

Better get everything you can for each of the Blacksmith, Clothing & Woodworking crafts while coming up through the levels. It's the same for all of them as with the Dwarven Ore you seek!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Thasrion
    Thasrion
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, not that I've turned 36 I'm finding Dwarven Ore everywhere. :*
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really - it means you can get the correct kind of materials for your level, regardless of which zone you're in.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »

Not really - it means you can get the correct kind of materials for your level, regardless of which zone you're in.

Yeah, I think it tends toward the dumb side. Great if you are only crafting for yourself. However it means if you want your maxed crafter to craft gear for low level friends/guildies, you'd better hope they can get the mats for you. Or you make alts that have the skills set to the level of mats you need. Once you get to level50 and max your crafting skills you won't find anything but rubedite level mats.

Getting a crate of 25 ingots/hides/bolts of cloth as a writ reward doesn't go far to craft a full set of gear for someone.

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Jaeysa wrote: »

Yeah, I think it tends toward the dumb side. Great if you are only crafting for yourself. However it means if you want your maxed crafter to craft gear for low level friends/guildies, you'd better hope they can get the mats for you. Or you make alts that have the skills set to the level of mats you need. Once you get to level50 and max your crafting skills you won't find anything but rubedite level mats.

Getting a crate of 25 ingots/hides/bolts of cloth as a writ reward doesn't go far to craft a full set of gear for someone.

If you're making -that- many sets of gear, maybe. But if you regularly do writs on just one toon, you'll likely find yourself swimming in old matts. Personally I like the scaling - it means no matter where I am, I can always find the stuff -I- need.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

That's a pretty narrow view considering writs are daily quests, can be done on multiple characters, and sometimes give surveys for even more mats.

Don't like waiting for the right level mats to drop in writ rewards? You still have a couple of options:

-- Buy the low level refined mats at the guild traders. These are extremely cheap ... some going for 3-4 gold per refined mat.
    -- You can also respec your crafter (or another Alt) down to take skill points out of the materials improvement passive. That way the character is at the proper tier to search nodes for the mats desired based on their materials improvement passive.

To be honest, I prefer the old node system which was based 100% on the materials improvement passive. That way, players can control the level of mats they want to harvest simply by allocating skill points.

However, there were a few vocally noisy players that didn't want to spend the time or the skill points in crafting ... but wanted nodes to be max level even though that character couldn't craft their own gear using said mats.

So, we have the system that exists today which is 50% character level and 50% materials improvement passive.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 18, 2017 7:51PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. That is what I do. Two main maxed crafters, twelve others with the skills set to the mat level I want. I do write on my two main crafters. I craft for four guilds. I buy mats, I farm mats. I know the ways to get around the fact that my maxed crafters will never find anything but ruby level mats. However I will admit I did enjoy taking my maxed over cp160 crafters to the lower areas to get iron or steel, and get to one shot all the enemies that have my character a hard fight before....
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do the daily crafting writs you have a change (at least as a master crafter) to get of box if 25 low-level mats (random level) as a reward. The chances are approximatly 1/3 for that or a temper or a survey map.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -- Buy the low level refined mats at the guild traders. These are extremely cheap ... some going for 3-4 gold per refined mat.
    This!
    Buy these in stacks and put to bank to have available for any character you wish to make writs. Much faster way than farming nodes of various levels.

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."