The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When Rogue Clannfears Attack?

DelosTheta
DelosTheta
✭✭✭
So I was minding my own business in Davon's Watch, just your average sorceror breaking down equipment at the blacksmithing station, when suddenly I picked up a bounty, and heard my pet Clannfear evidently attacking someone outside. Now this is weird in that
  1. I have "don't attack innocents" turned on, so the Clannfear shouldn't really be ... attacking innocents.
  2. And don't look at me! I had my head stuffed in the blacksmithing station at the time, not my hand down someone's pocket.
So my question is ... what the heck? Possible answers:
  • The NPCs have started going all Westworld, and next thing you know, Canon Llevule tries to pimp-slap me.
  • The Clannfear is very sensitive to music, and it was Vigard the Sparrow singing (this world's equivalent of Nickelback).
  • Sheogorath! May your Bose Noise Canceling Headphones play only Heimskr's dialogue from Skyrim!
But no, seriously, what happened?
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have kind of related story. I was on my Warden in Vvardenfell doing one of those stealth missions. As I was sneaking past a guard, my bear was parallel to me; I decided to use my blade of woe on the guard. Normally, this would allow me to continue on without receiving a bounty. My bear was right next another guard. The moment I BoW the first guard, my bear attacked the guard he was next to...now, I am in a fight and received a bounty.

While I cannot explain what happened to you, in my case, it was probably a result of "turning on the pet aggro switch" by BoWing the first guard. Which kind of sucks that the pet attacked a guard I did not want them to.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't explain what happened with the OP, but I do need to mention this:

The "Do not attack innocents" option only applies to the player character. Pets such as the Clannfear are not effected by this switch. So if you get attacked by an innocent npc (ie they spot you stealing or catch you pickpocketing) then your clannfear pet will attack (and eventually kill) the npc regardless of whether you can or can't attack the npc.

Are there any proc sets that proc if you're effected by another players beneficial spells? If so, could be another player was fighting a guard, used a skill that set your proc off... and now you were classed as 'in combat' with the guard, so the pet then attacked the guard?

Sorry, I don't know the set's & proc's well enough to know if that's possible. It's the only thing I can think of in the circumstances you describe... unless it's a bug ;/

What platform are you on?
    o_O
  • DelosTheta
    DelosTheta
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4. That's a good theory, but I didn't have any special armor at the time. At this stage, it looks like a random bug. Too bad I didn't think to hit the 'share' button and save the video!
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    were you in a group with others,
    did you maybe spam the heal and accidentally healed a person with a bounty?

remember that healing a convicted fellon is a crime in eso..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)