Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

warden stamina healer build help

oneshot_onekill
i am making a stamina healer warden right now, and im not sure what skills i should have on my bar. i have a bow/2h currently. the main skills i have for healing are healing thicket, vigor, and soothing spores. im kind of torn about soothing spores though, as from my experience it doesnt seem like a very good skill. i want to replace it, but if i did, would i still be able to be a decent healer with just 2 direct healing skills? maybe i could replace it with ice fortress for the defense buff for the group? not sure. the main questions i have though are:

1. should i keep soothing spores? if not, what could i replace it with to help support my group?
2. what should i use for the other 2 skills? i was thinking 1 bow AOE ability and maybe the other bull netch for sustain?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a stamina warden healer, and I can definitely say you should be fine with soothing. Your primary heal is going to be bow or 2h light and heavy attacks. How? Green lotus. Vigor is a stack heal/group HoT, and your "oh FUDGE" heal will be soothing. I have it hitting 13k... definitely enough for a burst heal, you just have to face your target.

Bull netch is a great idea, use it.

Bombard on trash can be great, just make sure the tank isn't trying to yoink with chains, I dunno if those two will cancel each other.

Subterranean Assault is a 20x8 square major breach/fracture. Think about adding that.

If you need a magicka dump, wings or trellis will do very well.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 16, 2017 8:50PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whats the point of running a stamden healer if you dont run spores?

So... 1) yes.
    2) support skills! Dont Worry About damage! Run the stam shield from undaunted, maybe even the circle. Def run ice shield and netch and Green Weapon Heals.
  • oneshot_onekill
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I run a stamina warden healer, and I can definitely say you should be fine with soothing. Your primary heal is going to be bow or 2h light and heavy attacks. How? Green lotus. Vigor is a stack heal/group HoT, and your "oh FUDGE" heal will be soothing. I have it hitting 13k... definitely enough for a burst heal, you just have to face your target.

Bull netch is a great idea, use it.

Bombard on trash can be great, just make sure the tank isn't trying to yoink with chains, I dunno if those two will cancel each other.

Subterranean Assault is a 20x8 square major breach/fracture. Think about adding that.

If you need a magicka dump, wings or trellis will do very well.

now i dont know what too choose lol, after looking at the skills you mentioned they all seem good. the question i have is that because green lotus is magicka based, isnt it not going to be that effective? i know some skills that require magicka can still be useful to a stamina build because it bases it off of percentages, etc., but that doesnt seem to be the case with this skill.

i think im going to go with subterranean assault, bull netch, vigor, soothing spores, acid spray, and healing thicket for my bow, and im not exactly sure about my 2h yet.
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Whats the point of running a stamden healer if you dont run spores?

So... 1) yes.
    2) support skills! Dont Worry About damage! Run the stam shield from undaunted, maybe even the circle. Def run ice shield and netch and Green Weapon Heals.

i think im going to use the ice shield on my 2h build, and im definitely keeping spores then. thanks for the info!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @oneshot_onekill I remember that green lotus had (past tense) a bug where it's critical chance scaled from your spell crit. Otherwise, it is a reliable party heal (and smart heals, which is also good). The amount of times I have gotten a heavy attack off and healed a party member from near nothing to almost full has me HIGHLY recommending it to you.

If it helps, I run the following bars:

Bow: Soothing spores, poison injection, endless hail, bird of prey (movement speed is crucial to a stamden healer), green lotus.

2H: wrecking blow, subterranean assault, brawler (never be afraid to wade into a crowd to use vigor when you have a 15k+ dmg shield), vigor, and rally. Debating switching out endless hail for frost cloak, and poison injection or wrecking blow for netch.
  • oneshot_onekill
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    @oneshot_onekill I remember that green lotus had (past tense) a bug where it's critical chance scaled from your spell crit. Otherwise, it is a reliable party heal (and smart heals, which is also good). The amount of times I have gotten a heavy attack off and healed a party member from near nothing to almost full has me HIGHLY recommending it to you.

If it helps, I run the following bars:

Bow: Soothing spores, poison injection, endless hail, bird of prey (movement speed is crucial to a stamden healer), green lotus.

2H: wrecking blow, subterranean assault, brawler (never be afraid to wade into a crowd to use vigor when you have a 15k+ dmg shield), vigor, and rally. Debating switching out endless hail for frost cloak, and poison injection or wrecking blow for netch.

im probably not going to run poison injection or endless hail, but instead just use bombard as my only bow ability. so my bow bar will be: bombard, bird of prey, soothing spores, green lotus, and healing thicket. i have one more skill on here that i could use, but i kind of dont want to run bull netch (just on this bar) because 2 of these skills are already magicka, and with the bird of prey giving me back stamina, i dont see stamina being a problem with my bow. if it is, ill just add the bull netch. if i dont need the netch though, what else would you recommend? would expert hunter be a good add due to the major savagery?
  • jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349045/yffres-guardian-stamina-warden-pve-healer-morrowind

A great guide. This is the build I use and it's a lot of fun, even at lower levels.