The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eye of the Storm (Make it work like Proxy Det)

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Eye of the Storm is too strong against individuals. If you're going to make this morph follow the caster, ZOS, then give it the proxy det treatment so it hits hard against a group, but gets weaker as there are fewer people being hit by it.

I'd like to hear other thoughts if anyone else has idea changes for Eye of the Storm. Currently, allowing players to spam gap close while immovable pots are active really makes Eye of the Storm too strong compared to the other ultimates in the game.

@Wrobel
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please make it stay in-place just like the dragonight standard does.
    it should not be allowed to follow the caster in PvP.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then lower the cost?
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep it how it's is

It's fun to kill lots of people and know they're mad about it being OP

Besides it's all magblade has to stay relevant
    Edited by a1i3nz on July 16, 2017 1:31AM
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the proc sets have been nerfed by the cry babies, it was only a matter of time before the casual snowflakes started crying about this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRrUVVKigk
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No,learn to maneuver.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's stupidly OP. Every time they come up with a "Zerg Busting" idea it takes people ten seconds to start running the new skills in a Zerg and making themselves more deadly.

• Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's completely imbalanced compared to any Ultimate available for Stamina characters. It needs something done to it besides just these minor damage reductions. If It's going to continue following the caster then the Eye of the Storm morph needs to deal much less damage but apply some sort of buffs or debuffs or something of that nature rather than just stupid high damage that kills mass groups of players.
    Edited by Twohothardware on July 16, 2017 2:50AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is so incorrect. It's not a problem in a 1v1 situation at all. It's only a problem in group play with stacking or cc spam. Making this like proxy det is the worst *** idea ever. Why ZOS hasn't made use of any of the good suggestions is beyond me. The people who use it to zerg bomb know it's op.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 16, 2017 2:49AM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    No,learn to maneuver.

It's called gap closing .. I think no gap closing is the compromising fix here...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Now that the proc sets have been nerfed by the cry babies, it was only a matter of time before the casual snowflakes started crying about this too.

People have cried about this since the release of weapon ults...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay out of the red. Then its useless.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep_Door wrote: »
    Stay out of the red. Then its useless.

lol ... yep very easy to get out the red inside a keep with gap closers and CC being used... In open field it's not as bad especially if the remove the gap closing.... In a keep it's ruthless often times no where to run .. and the good groups are going to CC....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcerers spam bolt escape and chase people with it active nightblades spam ambush with it active, dragonights spam 2 hand charge with it active, templars spam 2 hand charge with it active.

makes it inescapeable.

in addition that red circle does not load most of the time and you dont even know it is being cast.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorcerers spam bolt escape and chase people with it active nightblades spam ambush with it active, dragonights spam 2 hand charge with it active, templars spam 2 hand charge with it active.

makes it inescapeable.

in addition that red circle does not load most of the time and you dont even know it is being cast.

You're absolutely right. That's anoher problem - there's no visual cue when the animation doesn't load.
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭

makes it inescapeable.

I have literally never seen a DK run 2hw and destro as their weapon combi
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    No,learn to maneuver.

Too bad in many situation with a lot of ppl spamming EOS framerate drop far too low (expeciality in keep battle and no, it's not a pc problem: i7 7700k with a 1080 sli here) and maneuver/kite became not very easy.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭

"Casual Snowflakes", yet nothing screams casual like pressing one button and spamming gap closer for a free cumulative 30k DoT.
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭

I guess that it's too hard using "normal" skills and pressing keys of keyboard and mouse like old time without having proc sets doing the work for you or stupid lagfestival aoe skills (and this game already got severe lag problems). Single target fight is a lot more fun, I dunno why aoe crap must be top of king skill.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's completely imbalanced compared to any Ultimate available for Stamina characters. It needs something done to it besides just these minor damage reductions. If It's going to continue following the caster then the Eye of the Storm morph needs to deal much less damage but apply some sort of buffs or debuffs or something of that nature rather than just stupid high damage that kills mass groups of players.
    It already does, 2 fulls ticks' worth less, in fact.

You have the option to have mobility, or higher damage. Or to put it another way, you have the option for a stationary cast, or lower damage.

makes it inescapeable.

• You get a two second warning before it does any actual damage.
    • If there's more than one of you, maybe run two different directions?
    • If there's only one of you, and someone's taking the time to burn a 200+ult cost skill just for you, you've probably pissed them off to the point where they are hellbent on killing you, no matter what ult they were running.
    • Sounds like your issue is with stuns and gap closers, not EoS. If stunned or CC'd, it is effectively a stationary cast.

The damage per ult cost is comparable to several other ults in the game. It's fine the way it is.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 17, 2017 11:10AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    Methariorn wrote: »
    No,learn to maneuver.

Too bad in many situation with a lot of ppl spamming EOS framerate drop far too low (expeciality in keep battle and no, it's not a pc problem: i7 7700k with a 1080 sli here) and maneuver/kite became not very easy.

Might still be .. got the same cpu/gpu as you except an 1080ti. Never gotten below 60 fps in pvp ;P
    Highest settings, some extra AA forced through nvidia control panel at 1440p (even using downsampling for that :P)

Do have to agree with the skill being really strong, but the thing is... its not really to nerfable without people finding another option to use instead. As long as suiciding into a group with a *** of areaskills is an option, people will do it one way or another.
    As much as a healer i feel the pain that PER 1 bomber you NEED to have at least 1 strong healing ulti or 2-3 healers quickly using their heals and hope viscious death doesnt do to much :P
    So far the best option ive heard would be to not change anything except remove the option to make the eye of the storm ult follow the character but even that would almost be the death of destruction staff in pvp probably :pensive: .
    At the other hand, seen more than enough really strong bombers who using the nightblade ult instead, not even eye.. so then we would be wondering... will we just keep nerfing till nothing is viable anymore so that people just stand in front of the keep door and only autoattack :open_mouth:
    Even as healer i find it hard to make a judgement here, its a combination of the available skills, zenimax allowing people to use the available skills and players trying to make the most use out of them
    Think btw that in cp pvp those ults do tend to be less destructive, so unless someone with experience in cp can deny that i would say.. well.. non-cp are training area's anyway.
    Edited by Timeraider on July 17, 2017 12:33PM
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

makes it inescapeable.

I have literally never seen a DK run 2hw and destro as their weapon combi

I have lol..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Excluding Stam Nightblades

Magicka dominates PVP atm.. especially large, medium and small atm. ... solo stam is still tops only because of procs.. Stamina still strong also in small groups but magicka also performs just as well.

Magicka DK > Stam DK
    Magicka Sorc > Stam Sorc ( Closest out the other classes)
    Magicka Warden > Stam Warden
    Magicka Temp > Stam Temp
    Magicka Nightblades > Stam Night Blade (destro groups)

If had a destroy group running I would keep a stam class in for rapids lol

The iconic Stam DK has been reduced to handful on the PVP servers.. only about 10% of Top 100 of AD are DKs .maybe 2- 3 of those are stam builds ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No,learn to maneuver.

repeated gap closer, stuns and CC means no maneuvering out.
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This already happened in a previous patch. Learn to move out of the way when you see the red circle
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »
    This already happened in a previous patch. Learn to move out of the way when you see the red circle

Lotus Fan
    Lotus Fan
    Lotus Fan
    Lotus Fan
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »

Lotus Fan
    Lotus Fan
    Lotus Fan
    Lotus Fan

You obviously knew that nightblade is going to lotus fan destro ult you, so when zone chat said "inc Nikel" you should have left the campaign and go play pve. L2P
    /s
    Edited by SodanTok on July 17, 2017 11:45PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    -Excluding Stam Nightblades

Magicka dominates PVP atm.. especially large, medium and small atm. ... solo stam is still tops only because of procs.. Stamina still strong also in small groups but magicka also performs just as well.

Magicka DK > Stam DK
    Magicka Sorc > Stam Sorc ( Closest out the other classes)
    Magicka Warden > Stam Warden
    Magicka Temp > Stam Temp
    Magicka Nightblades > Stam Night Blade (destro groups)

If had a destroy group running I would keep a stam class in for rapids lol

The iconic Stam DK has been reduced to handful on the PVP servers.. only about 10% of Top 100 of AD are DKs .maybe 2- 3 of those are stam builds ...

Untrue.

StamDK = MagDK

StamWarden = MagWarden

StamNB > MagNB
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can fix EoTS with one change. Make it a channel like soul assault. You can't interrupt it but at the same time they can't gap close you to death.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    making it stationary is a good idea
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD