Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

why ZOS can you not raise the item caps and visitor caps for housing? storage, guild bank,repair...

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Ok, everyone knows, that all the caps for housing are low, so what is the deal with not planning to raise the cap like double it at least, or triple better? no more server power?
or why not cancel the caps totally?

same, why can you not add at least some hundrets of storage? why can we not have wayshrine, guild bank access (also selling), repair, more usable items? why is the skooma bubbler not making any smoke?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying the server can't handle it is the cheapest excuse anyways. There is NO reason to not get more slots. We get all the new stuff each update, yet can't even freaking use it...
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it is intended to buy more houses and split all you housing stuff to different houses...? :o
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saying the server can't handle it is the cheapest excuse anyways. There is NO reason to not get more slots. We get all the new stuff each update, yet can't even freaking use it...

not enought server slots was just my speculation, but no idea what the other reason could be...

they just keep not understanding that the strategy of pushing into crown sales is not longterm sufficent, if they would for example return all limited time offers to crown store, their sales would just explode up, the same with housing, if they would lift the caps, or triple it at least, people would buy tons of new stuff to their houses, even crown store
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

not enought server slots was just my speculation, but no idea what the other reason could be...

they just keep not understanding that the strategy of pushing into crown sales is not longterm sufficent, if they would for example return all limited time offers to crown store, their sales would just explode up, the same with housing, if they would lift the caps, or triple it at least, people would buy tons of new stuff to their houses, even crown store

I agree, even though using the CS for housing is *** in my opinion. It should all be crafted etc but I agree. All the houses should be available for Gold aswell, even if it's ridiculously expensive, nothing to spend your money on anyways in this game :blush:
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree, even though using the CS for housing is *** in my opinion. It should all be crafted etc but I agree. All the houses should be available for Gold aswell, even if it's ridiculously expensive, nothing to spend your money on anyways in this game :blush:

yes, I agree that everything which is crown store only, should be also in the game for gold, so that we could choose to play to get it or to skip that and just buy it for real money
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and no more limited time offers in crown store, or ZOS could make a festival once a time, that they will return all limited time offers to crown store for some limited time :smiley:
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and no more limited time offers in crown store, or ZOS could make a festival once a time, that they will return all limited time offers to crown store for some limited time :smiley:

I actually don't know a single person who bought the last CS only house, coincidence ZOS? Maybe people want to pay for their houses with the gold they aquired ingame through playing? :smirk:
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why older games could have storage to housing, but ESO can not???
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually don't know a single person who bought the last CS only house, coincidence ZOS? Maybe people want to pay for their houses with the gold they aquired ingame through playing? :smirk:

Vital to retain player choices. Not everyone has masses of expendable ingame gold, just as not everyone wants to craft their furniture.

• Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, everyone knows, that all the caps for housing are low, so what is the deal with not planning to raise the cap like double it at least, or triple better? no more server power?
    or why not cancel the caps totally?

why is the skooma bubbler not making any smoke?

Is 700 Furnishings, 80 Trophies, 10 Collectibles and 24 players not enough for a single house?

...though I, too, am disappointed in the lack of bubbles!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    not really, if you are not paying eso+, then it is half of it, I have not bought a large house yet, still need to finish some of the 50 quests you need to do to be able to buy that house, but multiple people wrote on the forums, that the cap is not sufficient at all. and should be at least doubled or tripled.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one notable and five classic homes with ESO+.

Believe me that the current item cap is nowhere enough to fully furnish a house and create a decent garden.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, the caps are WAY too low.
    Cave_Canem wrote: »
    Is 700 Furnishings, 80 Trophies, 10 Collectibles and 24 players not enough for a single house?

No they aren't. It sounds like a lot until you realize a tiny fork takes up the same item slot as a huge stage. If you want your houses to look lived in and have any amount of realistic clutter or detail those slots disappear fast. I have a Daggerfall Overlook I have to find something to pick up every time I want to add something new, and I had to leave several areas empty because there wasn't enough space. And I decorated an Earthtear Cavern that is largely empty because the decorated portions used up so many items.

MEANWHILE they keep throwing awesome new decorations at us but those of us with already decorated houses have nowhere to put them!

As for the player cap, since housing's main draw tends to be RPers and social players, hamstringing it by making the cap so low is terrible. My RP guild can usually make do with the 24 cap but it means we can't hold cross-guild or server events in our house at all, and that sucks. It should be 50, at the least, though the reality is every other MMO with housing has a way higher player cap, so...
    Edited by bellatrixed on July 15, 2017 3:06PM
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the item cap is way too low. The lack of response from zos despite repeated threads, comments and requests from us demonstrates the company is unorganized. I don't like buying products from an unorganized company, because the chance of products being defective or not fulfilling my expectations are inevitable.

I spent a lot of money in the game because I envisioned myself having many hours of fun decorating my houses. But I can't decorate them the way I want; the low item limit means I'm only getting to decorate 50% or less of the house I bought. This has left me feeling dissatisfied and...bored. So I've stopped buying crowns and refuse to spend any more money in the game until they at least acknowledge the direction they are taking housing.

Perhaps the reason why they aren't responding to us is they only have an answer we don't want to hear: they have no intention of raising the current limits.
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although the 700 limit hurts very badly my furnishing, i started to get performance problems at the upper limit. It might be that when i was at the cap but increased amount of unique items, the initial loading time started to grow. I was adding tens of set stations and removing furniture to stay below 700, when i noticed that loading time kept rising. I eventually split the house and moved crafting stuff to a separate house. After the split both houses load near-instantly.

So, maybe ZOS could rise the item limit with a second, lower limit of unique items or "stack limit"? That way we could use planks and bricks etc. way much more. Make the house act as a furniture bank and allow storing items in stacks.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great idea, I hope they listen
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA