The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Khajiit species in ESO

vrine
vrine
✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen a few sources saying the playable Khajiit race is Suthay-raht, but Suthay-raht have digitigrade legs. The playable Khajiit have plantigrade legs, like the Cathay.

Khajiit_Morrowind.jpgtumblr_m4rpcnoike1r9sgar.jpg
Suthay-raht (and their digitigrade legs)

Is there any confirmation on what species we're playing as specifically? Surely they're Cathay?
@vrine
PC - NA - DC
Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

• Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it's ever stated which Khajiit sub-race our ESO characters are; at least, I don't remember it. Where did you see this? In any case, the digitigrade feet have been eliminated from the games since I believe Oblivion, because it interfered with players' ability to wear shoes and such.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are playing the Khajiit that did not mate with the Akavari Kangaroos .
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my cousin Hector . He did not get the memo .

5056452ffe0d98b37b17d12f108076e9.jpg
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just looked it up, and one of the Wikis also stated that the Khajiit are meant to be Suthay-Raht.

The leg style may just be a design choice so ZoS doesnt have to model a whole set of Khajiit specific armor pieces, makes it easier if everything is universal.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it's ever stated which Khajiit sub-race our ESO characters are; at least, I don't remember it. Where did you see this? In any case, the digitigrade feet have been eliminated from the games since I believe Oblivion, because it interfered with players' ability to wear shoes and such.

Yeah, which makes me believe its safe to assume we're playing Cathay, or so I hope!
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Just looked it up, and one of the Wikis also stated that the Khajiit are meant to be Suthay-Raht.

The leg style may just be a design choice so ZoS doesnt have to model a whole set of Khajiit specific armor pieces, makes it easier if everything is universal.

I hope not, I'm super flexible lore-immersion wise in game but that would really hurt my immersion. I really hope they're Cathay, then my mind can rest easy.
    Nothing against Suthay-raht but I'd want them portrayed properly and sadly that'd be very difficult to do armor wise as you stated.
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kind of wonder if Star (the cat we follow as part of the Narsis questline) is an Alfiq; she seems too smart to be a normal housecat.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of wonder if Star (the cat we follow as part of the Narsis questline) is an Alfiq; she seems too smart to be a normal housecat.

Definitely agree, she seems too clever for a regular cat too.
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, in one of the Bosmer maps I met a Khajiit who spoke to this senche (and I guess it spoke back) of course they tried to convince me that Khajiit was innocent of a crime. so he could have been talking to a normal senche and not that other kind of Khajiit, sench-raht. It was Cindertail and Gobani in Grahtwood.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digitigrade legs have most likely been completely retconned and will never be seen again.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Hm, in one of the Bosmer maps I met a Khajiit who spoke to this senche (and I guess it spoke back) of course they tried to convince me that Khajiit was innocent of a crime. so he could have been talking to a normal senche and not that other kind of Khajiit, sench-raht. It was Cindertail and Gobani in Grahtwood.

I believe Gobani is one of the more intelligent Senche. In Khajiit society theyre used as guards or for labor. Or Gobani is jusy a run of the mill pet senche that he talks to all the time, cant really know. However it does say the non Humanoid Khajiit can understand speech perfectly but not speak it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Digitigrade legs have most likely been completely retconned and will never be seen again.

So you reckon we'll never see Suthay-raht again? :(
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vrine wrote: »

Definitely agree, she seems too clever for a regular cat too.
    Many cats in Khenarthi's roost has Khajiit names, other places they are mostly named cats.

Misses digtigrade legs but don't think we will see it again.
    IiKAxAtm.png

The Ohmes-rath from Daggerfall on the other hand is plausible as its easy to add and the cat girl look would be popular.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Creegz
    Creegz
    Perhaps we're a split version of that race that hasn't been classified yet in the current time period in the game.
    Join my guild at http://cloudclan.org/eso/recruitment/.

Khajiit Nightblade - Shadow/Dual Dagger.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vrine wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »
    So you reckon we'll never see Suthay-raht again? :(
    I don't think Rosveen meant that; rather, Suthay-raht now canonically do not have digitigrade legs. Or, perhaps more accurately, digitigrade legs is not a required feature of the Suthay-raht.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 19, 2017 1:54PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp