The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favorite Stories in TES Lore?

• MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Cheeses of Tamriel
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    AatM.png

Ah yes, that's the the shallow, psycho Almalexia we all know and have probably killed a few times.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Words of Clanmother Ahnissi to her Favored Daughter. I love that book (split into 2 parts in ESO).

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Words_of_Clan_Mother_Ahnissi
    Edited by Khenarthi on August 22, 2017 10:40AM
    PC-EU
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    I was Sommoned by a Mortal.
    A lore book in the hollow city.
  • Ravingar
    Ravingar
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really remember the name of the quest or dungeon. But it was basically, this group of people had been living in a ruin for so long that they started to basically eat their dead. Then at the end you get a memento named "Mysterious Meat Bag" or something like that. Then when you use it you place a piece of meat on the floor and people can eat causing them to throw up.

I mainly place it on the floor to unsuspected dungeon comrades and wait for them to eat it. Then I laugh at them as they eat it and say "Haha your a cannibal now". Tricking people into eating mysterious meat is always hilarious and fun, and also a way to kill time.
    PC NA
    User ID : @Ravingar | CP 830+

Tommo Bladell | Redguard | Dragonknight | Stamina | DPS
    Ma'Muhn | Breton | Templar | Magicka | Healer
    Falls-Over-Regularly | Argonian | Warden | Magicka | Tank
    Jinjiin | High Elf | Sorcerer | Magicka | DPS
    Ruv'erenar | Khajiit | Nightblade | Magicka | DPS
    Exkalibur Whitesmith | Nord | Dragonknight | Stamina | Tank
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ius, Animal God

"I probably should have mentioned before that the king had always been cruel to the wombat (he used to lick it and try to make it stick to walls), so the wombat had Ius create an equipment store in front of the palace gate that would never go away. The royal family ended up going mad and eating one another (and ironically, the wombat was one of the first to go). But that is why there is to this day an equipment store blocking the palace gate in Rockcreek. If you don't believe me, go there and see."
    Shadow hide you.
  • Volsera
    Volsera
    ✭✭✭
    Are there other books written by daedra? Because I just read "I was summoned by a mortal" and it was awesome
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravingar wrote: »
    I can't really remember the name of the quest or dungeon.

Deshaan's public dungeon.
  • Volsera
    Volsera
    ✭✭✭
    @starkerealm you know a lot so, are there any more books written by daedra like "I was summoned by a mortal"?
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volsera wrote: »
    @starkerealm you know a lot so, are there any more books written by daedra like "I was summoned by a mortal"?

Not that I can think of off hand. I think there might be a book or two written by either Haskill or Sheogorath, though.

There have been official Q&A sessions where the "author," answering questions is a Daedra. Specifically Haskill (around the time that Shivering Isle released) and Lyranth (for ESO questions). But I'm not sure any of that ended up in game.

EDIT: In retrospect, the Oghma Infinium probably counts, though it doesn't have any actual text associated with it. The Black Books don't, because they're not actually written by Hermaeus Mora. He's simply dropping them in eras (or universes) where they don't belong.
    Edited by starkerealm on August 31, 2017 6:51AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adventurer`s Almanach by Skordo the Knife :smiley:
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volsera wrote: »
    Are there other books written by daedra? Because I just read "I was summoned by a mortal" and it was awesome

@Volsera - Probably not as entertaining of a read, but the Mysterium Xarxes (the original not the Commentaries) was supposed to have been written by Mehrunes Dagon.

And there was a note on the Lightless Oubliette that had a little more in the way of content.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there was a note on the Lightless Oubliette that had a little more in the way of content.
    I love the Dremora's name for Meridia :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome, yeah, I forgot about the Mysterium Xarxes. Amusingly enough, back around 2008 or 2009, a bored fan went through it, converting the daedric font to the Roman alphabet, and found you can actually "decode," each of the steps Martin goes through when he's working with the book.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Volsera, another, slightly unsatisfying example is the Bible of the Deep Ones from Oblivion. This is written in Daedric script, but, when translated, you're left with an excerpt from N'Gasta! Kvata! Kvata! The latter is supposedly a Sload text, but is actually an easter egg, in (slightly modified) Esperanto, referring to an online news letter.

I'm just going to post the full, translated, text here:

"Kva! Kvak! is the newsletter of the La Ranetoj. It is sent to paying members and other individuals who, in some way, are involved in la Ranetoj's activities. In it there firstly is information about the locations of the monthly meetings, but of course also concerning the latest activities of the club. Sometimes it also includes other educating or entertaining material.

The Internet-based Kvako are on the one hand another distribution channel for the contents of the paper version. But on the other hand, not surprisingly, the contents of the different versions cannot, and even must not, always be 100 percent the same. For instance, in little circulating paper versions you can publish illustrations that, for copyright reasons, cannot be used on the Internet. Yet, on the other hand, the low costs of the Internet version lift the space limits and allow more content, not to mention being always up to date."

These circumstances influence the web-based Kvako, which will also serve as the general homepage of the 'La Ranetoj'."

Although the book appears in the games, it's probably not supposed to be translated, and instead should be read as the Sload language. In turn, it's not entirely clear if the Bible of the Deep Ones is supposed to be translated into the Roman alphabet, or into English because... well, it's not going to make any sense if you do that. But it is there in daedric script.

EDIT: Link to the Imperial Library page discussing the translation, if anyone was curious. Also, because I don't feel comfortable posting the text from an entire book verbatim without citing it.
    Edited by starkerealm on August 31, 2017 1:02PM
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In no particular order:

-How long before the Echoes Fade
    -The Cake and the Diamond
    -Cheeses of Tamriel
    -The Golden Ribbon
    -Immortal Blood
    -Alduin is Real
    -Last Scabbard of Akrash
    -The Marksmanship Lesson

PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my personal favorites is "The Sage" by Aegrothius Goth, subtitled "A Breton's journey to become the Sage"
    The co-founders of my player guild, The Elder Sages' Guild, chose The Sage as the inspiration for the traditional Lore basis for our guild. (Source is UESP.).
    en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Sage
    Edited by Auldjohn on September 16, 2017 10:51PM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Chackan
    Chackan
    ✭✭
    Dunno if it counts, but I'm reading The Infernal City novel, and man would Umbriel be amazing as a chapter or dlc in ESO.
  • Cold91
    Cold91
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of "Songs of The Return" series.

There are also a lot of stand alone lore books I really like, but can't remember off the top of my head.
    Edited by Cold91 on September 16, 2017 11:31PM
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    the latest books I find myself reading of in TES are about Queen Potema - though I think these are in the future of ESO.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Wolf_Queen
    Edited by Eporem on September 18, 2017 1:54PM