Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Least attractive target for PvPers?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I don't intend to PvP, but I will have to go to Cyrodiil eventually to fish. I've already looked up the best places and times to go (or rather, what to try to avoid), but I am also wondering if there's anything I can do to make myself boring or just not worth the detour to come interrupt my fishing.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen anyone go out of there way to harass a single fishermen . I wouldn't stress . If you over plan and have too many people there and drop a camp then people might investigate that far off from objectives .
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're alone and I'm in the mood, I'll take on anyone, even an emp. Especially an emp.

When you're in cyrodiil, it's best to be able to rely on yourself. I'm confident that I can beat any single opponent that would ever come my way. If you don't have that, the next thing you'd want is to be able to escape any opponent who comes your way. If not that, survive any opponent. If none of the above, avoid any opponent. I'm going to guess you don't fit into the first category. In the second category you can find a clever NB that can avoid getting revealed, or a speedy stam sorc that can outrun non-mounted players. If you can't do that, try a super tanky healer that can live longer than the average attention span. If none of those work, use and abuse invisibility/speed pots as necessary as a vamp (or using that one set to ignore sneak speed penalty).

The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • gpreid81
    gpreid81
    ✭✭
    Just avoid points of interest in pvp and you should be fine you will get the odd person that will attack but the majority of ppl will just pass you
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    If you're alone and I'm in the mood, I'll take on anyone, even an emp. Especially an emp.

When you're in cyrodiil, it's best to be able to rely on yourself. I'm confident that I can beat any single opponent that would ever come my way. If you don't have that, the next thing you'd want is to be able to escape any opponent who comes your way. If not that, survive any opponent. If none of the above, avoid any opponent. I'm going to guess you don't fit into the first category. In the second category you can find a clever NB that can avoid getting revealed, or a speedy stam sorc that can outrun non-mounted players. If you can't do that, try a super tanky healer that can live longer than the average attention span. If none of those work, use and abuse invisibility/speed pots as necessary as a vamp (or using that one set to ignore sneak speed penalty).

I guess I'll just make a rule for myself that I'm done fishing for the night if someone attacks me. I'll just stand there and let it get over with as quickly as possible and then try again another time. I'm not interested in fighting or trying to outrun or outhide anyone.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be a great picture: A fishing Emperor :D
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • anathosdm
    anathosdm
    ✭✭✭
    5 green pact 2 troll king 5 bekeeper/orgnum scale
    Orc DK/NB
    7 heavy
    Fish in peace :D
    Edited by anathosdm on July 14, 2017 10:14AM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pick up the edges of map where no1 is going and you will be fine

for the ocean part i hope u r AD :p
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    desperately need a survey assistant
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you time it right, you can fish while in stealth (or at least you could back when I was doing it) - it just takes some practice with the timing. To start, crouch, and get the cast out before the eye closes. It will close and stay closed while the line is in the water. You pop out of stealth just for a second each time you reel in. You need to re-cast before the eye closes again, or you'll have to fish exposed until you re-do it on your next cast. Helps while fishing in IC, too.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wear tank gear. A fully unkillable tank that does no damage will bore most people within a minute. Of course there is always the chance they will call a zerg just to kill you...but its unlikely, most likely they will just continue on with whatever they were doing before they saw you.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    50k health would help
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Permablock dk.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)