Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Class problems

Nygasaki
Nygasaki
Hi there guys, I've been running a Stam DK for some time now, and it's my main... but it really annoys me that he is slow (ofc not in terms of progression or damage)... He is just lacking mobility as for me...

I was looking forward to make a character which will have a really high running speed and will be very mobile.

Could you please give me some advice there ? :)
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    You could try a stam sorc Orc for good mobility.

Also a magicka sorc using streak will help you get around
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    I think also wardens have a skill that increases their movement speed while active
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a Stam DK: 5-7 x Medium Armor (check out sprint speed and cost reduction sets), Athletics Passive, Retreating Maneuver. Orc if you want to change race... Run like Forest Gump.

I'm finding my MagBlade quite mobile: Shadow Cloak (Spam every 2s) + Concealed Weapon + Retreating Maneuver.

As mentioned Stamina Orc Sorc has high mobility using either of the Lightning Form morphs combined with streak and racial passives.

Another trick I do is use a skill-bar add-on that allows me to map bar layouts to key-presses: I then map one layout to include one mobility skill (Retreating Manuever ftw) and another layout for the skills I'm currently using. Outside of combat I can press one key to switch to mobility, one key to switch back to combat ready.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to re-roll to increase movement speed, just slot rapid/charging manuever and keep it up whenever not in combat(I like charging manuever better since you retain a 10% speed bonus upon entering combat. In addition to that, using chains/unrelenting grip grants you major expedition in combat for a few seconds...as does dodge rolling with a bow equipped. There is a perk once you get 120CP in one of the CP trees that gives you a permanent 2% speed boost. There are also sets that increase sprint speed...all these can be used just fine on a stam DK