The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

WHICH PLAYER HOUSING HAS THE BIGGEST GARDEN/OUTDOOR AREA?

Scarlett_Princess
Scarlett_Princess
✭✭✭
Title says it all! Which player housing has the biggest outdoor area? I'm not one for buildings, but I do love a nice garden! So which house has the largest outdoor area. Ideally a large house or mansion as they both hold 300 items. But if the small or medium ones happen to have bigger gardens please mention them! :)
FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The inns for sure :trollface:
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

:D
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forsaken Stronghold is pretty massive outside so give that one a look
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the large bosmer home is 90% outside though i believe its an inclosed space with no view of the outside. Either that one or the large redguard one in Stros mkai.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boulder tree refuge

Also only costs 190,000 gold
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Bosmer one.

Edit: yeah this one
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Boulder tree refuge

Also only costs 190,000 gold

Edited by max_only on July 13, 2017 6:20AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the large bosmer one has lots of outdoor space (no idea on name sorry) mainly grassy areas

the reapers march (serenity estate i think its called) one -has a waterfall, outdoor buildings, courtyard areas, but some greenery and gives you a title

hundings palatial hall has a beach & huge courtyard

the glenumbra castle also gives a title - good sized courtyard, some grassy areas & a 'sea-port' (access through basement - or jumping off wall) just be carefull of the slaughterfish!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm

I get what you mean, but I just like the way that Humblemud (AKA Broken Branch's Goblin Stronghold of Power) is laid out. Not a huge courtyard, but you can do stuff with it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domus Phrasticus has a really nice outdoor area as well. :) Big enough for me to not be able to fill it, at least. xD
    Certainly not the largest outdoor area of them all, but the house price more than makes up for that.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorinir Estate, a Bosmer large home with a huge forrest area.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    Domus Phrasticus has a really nice outdoor area as well. :) Big enough for me to not be able to fill it, at least. xD
    Certainly not the largest outdoor area of them all, but the house price more than makes up for that.

Oh good point, that's a pretty one too.

We need more fountain and well options
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hunding's Palatial Hall has an enormous outside area, but because it's all beachfront and attached to a desert environment, the type of garden you could create might feel limited.

There's another with a similar desert feel over at Twin Arches in Bangkorai - a small home, but it has a really nice enclosed courtyard you could make into a garden and then do minimal decoration inside to still make it feel homey without worrying too much about the item limit.

Also, the Sleek Creek House in Reaper's March has a nice outdoorsy area, and because the home itself is Kajiit style you could do a lot of ground level garden decorating beneath the house - would be a nice look/feel for entertaining - not that you could have all that many visitors, but still.

The other two that come to mind are the Domus Phrasticus and Quondam Indorilia (in Deshaan).
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want my recommendations, Hunding's Palatial Hall has an area perfect for a garden and it has the best ocean view by far (only two homes have ocean views, the other being Daggerfall Overlook which doesn't have the best or largest outdoor area).

Amaya Lake Lodge's outdoor area is also pretty nice and spacious, and it's quite lovely in appearance. Very quaint, and a garden could be placed pretty much anywhere in the courtyard!

Mathiisen Manor has one of the prettiest-looking areas for a garden if that's what you want to lead more towards. Although its outdoor area is a bit smaller in comparison with the other homes I mentioned.

Serenity Fall Estate and Strident Springs Demesde both have waterfalls, with the former having a larger outdoor area since it is a manor home.

If buildings aren't what you really care about, The Goronir Estate is a fine choice because I'm personally not a fan of the pod buildings. But the outdoor area is nice and woodsy.

Finally, Ebonheart Chateau has a very nice courtyard in both size and appearance. Although if you're really looking for a garden, then you'd have to either move some of the trees, or have a slightly smaller garden than the other homes would provide.

So those are my choices. I guess the Forsaken Stronghold and Daggerfall Overlook could potntially make viable options. But the former doesn't really have the best-looking outdoor area, and Daggerfall Overlook doesn't really have a good area for a garden unless you want a really small garden.

In the end, however, it is entirely up to you which home you'd prefer! :3
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the large bosmer home is 90% outside though i believe its an inclosed space with no view of the outside. Either that one or the large redguard one in Stros mkai.

Agreed. I would have paid coin for Gorinir Estate too...if only it had a pond of some sort...maybe a stream running through it. But nope, it doesn't, so I didn't buy it :/
    I was seriously impressed with the choice there. Who was in charge of that? :wink:
    Edited by Swifigames on July 13, 2017 7:38AM
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grand Topal Hideaway :)
    Though it is no longer available.

Some of the larger big outdoor available homes:
    1) Serenity Falls Estate.
    2) Forsaken Stronghold.
    3) Hunding's palatial hall.

There is a general feeling that a few large/huge homes will be released in update 15, so you may want to wait for a bit before purchasing any of the current large outdoor homes.
    Edited by Universe on July 13, 2017 7:46AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

You'd be surprised...

Bw1G9sL.png
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthtear cavern has a lot of potential.

It's been my fav house so far because there is not a separate indoor/outdoor area. There is no house you have to open a door and go inside. The whole thing just flows, and I can put trees and plants anywhere i want. The other houses I felt like I had to choose...I could either decorate the garden or decorate the inside, but with the furniture limitations I couldn't do both.

Although to be fair a large section of the front of my cavern is completely bare because *AHEM* zos *cough cough* I ran out of furniture slots.
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunding's Palatial Hall wins hands down.

Large grounds on all sides, a big internal courtyard, your own good-sized private beach and lovely ocean views. It also has multiple balconies, and a large flat roof which is accessible with a long plank. And a big round pond too.
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    strident springs has a big yard.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going to throw out that, when I was looking for a house, I kept thinking that the Altmer theme houses seemed to have much more in.. err.. natural plant life thrown around. (Ok, so my actual response was, "The realtor needs to mow the lawns in these Altmer houses more often.") Since you want a garden....
    Edited by Darlgon on July 15, 2017 4:50PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    Gorinir State
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    cave. just use the water

• lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have floating lanterns in mine, and lava rock boulders to make a path out to a small shrine.

H72kq3Y.jpg
    1FFLwoA.jpg
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    I have floating lanterns in mine, and lava rock boulders to make a path out to a small shrine.

H72kq3Y.jpg
    1FFLwoA.jpg
    lasertooth wrote: »

H72kq3Y.jpg
    1FFLwoA.jpg

I posted my cave picture above yours using the image url above and noting is showing. tks
  • DahliaNight
    DahliaNight
    ✭✭✭
    Grand Topal Hideaway, I haven't taken many pics of my island but it is the biggest house so far.
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    Grand Topal Hideaway

...and currently not available for purchase. If OP can wait (who knows for how long), that'd be the way to go. In the meantime:
    1. Earthtear Cave may have as much functional space to play with, but not a building per se, but it's huge.
    2. Gorinir Estate, if you don't mind Bosmer pods (Bouldertree Refuge a small scale version, also cheaper).
    3. Amaya Lake Lodge - great combo of big house and huge courtyard (available with Morrowind. Don't know if you can buy the house --with crowns only-- if you don't have Morrowind).
    4. Strident Springs Demesne if you can't get Amaya Lake Lodge.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Strident springs, outside goes right round the house with a good size of space for sure
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardens can be anywhere! (Black Vine Villa, interior)

VN8fHof.jpg
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lake lodge house has a small pond that with a lot bamboo and other plants can look amazing, You can even put fish trophies in the water for a nice detail.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milkbox wrote: »
    Gardens can be anywhere! (Black Vine Villa, interior)

VN8fHof.jpg

Thats cool.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.