The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vMA.... thes best way i've found to make me feel like a ***! :(

Insandros
Insandros
✭✭✭✭
[snip] vMA... tried it when i got back in ESO in january... first time i tried, went not that bad, with 2-3 deaths, i made it up to stage 5 (the darn ice factory), i never was able to beat the last boss..... then, Morrowind came out, i made 2 Wardens, one healer and one DPS, things turned out that, with Morrowind's changes, my Warden deals more dmg than my Sorc with the changes, i so, play mainly my Warden as DPS, because i looooove this toon... i then decided, well since i don't play my sorc much, had this toon since game came out, a bit tired of it, why not make him set for vMA and try it out.....

So 2 days ago, i went back in.... died 2 times on last boss, the third time, i died like a stupid Kahjiit would do, with the boss at 1%.. not to mention, a box of kleenex on my side, went supersonic up to the wall.... i calmed down a bit, tried again, and finaly cleared stage 5, after so many tries since january....

Then came stage 6, a few deaths and made it, stage 7, a few good deaths as well, and then finaly the RNG mechanics got on my side and cleared it.... Stage 8 scared me a bit as vampire, but with about 5-6, or was it 10 deaths, i cleared it... but now, came, STAGE 9! Gotta hate those *** Daedroth [snip]matorial Guards... the ***, in all the game, their breath is a front cone, when their spit their bad breathm they stop moving and stay still up front, but no, in vMA, they are allowed to turn and follow you, so here, even with some Listerine it doesn't help much with their badbreath, turning around them mostly worked, up to the last boss, i'm having a hard time to deal with a guard and the boss at the same time, when i'm able to clear the Guard, well, here comes a FrenchKisser Skulls up my face and smooch me to death, because i'm too dumb to see it coming while trying to survive a BBQ Party, at which i didn't expect i'd be the main meal....

But in all cases, i was able last night to get to the last boss... was getting late, but i was able to climb once, but, nervous as ***, i missrolled dodge some ugly skulls that wanted to french kiss me and made me knocked back down there, in all cases, i was able to bring the boss about at 60%.. i then died.... i tried again today, holy sheep ***, i was able to climb up only once, i'm having so much trouble when the first Daedroth spawn.... after about 50 tried i gave up, then picked up the phone, called my mom, and asked her why she was hidding from me the truth for over 41 years, that i was a clumsy, dumb and *** person, unable to clear a freaking arena alone, made in a Massive MULTI-PLAYERS ONLINE game..... I can't believe i'm a boss away to get my first Maelstrom Arena clear.... i've never tried Normal and have no intention to, i want to be able to at least, link, one single vMA weapons in my bags. :pensive:

I bet, Forest Gump would be doing way better than me, i hate you freaking Daedras!

[Edit for bypassing profanity filter]
Edited by ZOS_Mika on July 13, 2017 9:22PM
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, Insandros, it is NORMAL to die very often at the last boss in vMA. You need a lot of "looking around" and be careful for all those deadly things.

But I go in as a warden too, so let me give you some hints that will maybe help you:

1. Put in "Bird of Prey", "Leeching Vines" and of course the Lotus and magicka-Shield in your skillbar. Bird of Prey gives you stamina recovery (and you'll need stamina for block, dodgeroll, kick the boss) and you'll get 30% movement speed (very nice in the air with the Animus-Stones). Leeching Vines gives you a bit Heal and prevents you from taking damage AND apply Minor Lifesteal to your enemy (the boss or the daedroth), so you'll get life back when you'll hit them. Lotus gives you resources back and heals you, when you do light or heavy attacks and magicka-shield prevent you for big "ouch".
    2. Daedroth WILL kill you, if you don't react. But you are too good for him! Say it to yourself: YOU ARE TOO GOOD TO DIE! That's the first thing: Don't get sad, when the Daedroth spawns. Instead you accept the challenge! Buff yourself with magicka-shield + Leeching Vines, activate Bird of Prey. Apply dots like "Elemental Blockade" and "Winter's Revenge" or "Swarm" (depends on your skillbar) and RUN around the daedroth. As you'll see: You'll get less damage, because the fire doesn't hit you that much (it's harder when you'll stand there and do just damage). And while running, do some direct damage to the daedroth and he will fall. Problem is: The longer the Daedroth lives, the more the DOT will hit you. So you want that the daedroth is killed very soon (use Ultimate then if needed, Bear is very cool with the Set "Masterarchitect/Warmachine").

Try the following steps to kill the boss:
    1. Put the Reflect-Shield with X (Seal)
    2. Damage on Boss, block the Skullhead
    3. Boss ports anywhere, don't kick the boss, because his necrotic swarm will be reflected and hits himself (if you do not use the seal, you have to kick the boss)
    4. Just do damage to boss, until 70%
    5. Kill the Daedroth + Clannbann near the active portal (or first Daedroth and then go to the active portal, both is possible, depends on your damage/survivability).
    6. dodge the red circles on the ground
    7. Go through portal upstairs
    8. Be sure to always activate Bird of Prey + Leeching Vines + Magicka-Shield, Heavy-Attack first to say to your Bear "do it" and go damage one Animus-Stone, but DON'T KILL it. Let it to 10% and then attack another Animus-Stone. When all are very low life, kill one after the after fast. Upstairs the Boss will do Necroskull (block) and Stone-Wall. Next Necroscull + Necroscull + Stone-Wall and again, and again, ... and always do movement, because meteors come down and they will stun you, when you don't block. But better is to not stand there, when meteor come down. The IMPORTANT thing upstairs is: Block Necroscull and run with the Stone-Wall, when it appears (otherwise you'll be kicked down where a Daedroth is waiting).
    9. When all 3 Animus-Stones are dead, you'll be kicked into the lava downstairs by the boss. Dodgeroll to the middle island
    10. Where is the boss? Go there fast and kick him, he'll cast Necrotic swarm.
    11. Have a look ANYTIME for EVERY yellow ghost. If the boss get's one it's ***, but you can survive it. If the boss get's two, you'll be dead. But with Bird of Prey you are very fast to get them all. Just be careful of the necroscull of the boss (stuns you when you don't block and do a lot of damage).
    12. Take all 3 other seals (or none depends on your dmg)
    13. kill the Adds (spawning Daedra (Narkynaz) who will summon a big fat boss in the middle.. you won't see him! and the heal-Daedra).
    14. Normally you'll get the third yellow ghost until the first Daedroth is spawning, so when he comes: Activate the X for the explosion and stun the Daedroth and kill him.
    15. Then you have enough time for everything, just do damage, get every yellow ghost and when the next explosion is ready: Do it and kill the boss.
    16. Loot your maelstrom-weapon.

Just try it out!

Got a few trys with my warden, but I finished vMA as a Magicka- and as a Stamina-Warden. So it's possible. Have not the best score, but hey... weapon is all you need. If you play on EU, there are a lot of Warden-Places in the "Trial of the week", so if you kill the endboss, you'll get in, no matter with your score.

Hope I could help you and wish you the very best to kill that endboss.

Last hint: BE PATIENT and don't destroy your mouse!
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first complete was on Stam Sorc. It took me 4 hours to beat stages 1-8 (over multiple days). And then it took me another 4 hours to beat the final boss.

Best advice I can give is don't get discouraged (although it is pretty easy to do so) and don't forget to use sigils often.

I don't consider myself an amazing player, so if I can beat it, so can you. =)

Also the really crazy part, after I completed it, my next run took me just under 2 hours with a score of around 350k. So the first complete is definitely the hardest.

And just so you don't feel alone.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOe3OW6NWeI

• Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Chufu

Nice post man, will read it up later on for sure. But i feel sorry my story is confusing, i went in with my mag sorc, the suppose to be easier toon for it :) My warden is ma all time favotire now for pledges etc, i don't even dare going in with her.... well we never know :)
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Insandros wrote: »
    @Chufu

Nice post man, will read it up later on for sure. But i feel sorry my story is confusing, i went in with my mag sorc, the suppose to be easier toon for it :) My warden is ma all time favotire now for pledges etc, i don't even dare going in with her.... well we never know :)

Ah okay, with Sorc it IS easier than Warden in my opinion (crit surge). :smile:

Wish you the very best, it is "just" learning the mechanics (and have holy patience). :smile:
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Insandros your experience and mine sound pretty much even and that includes the number of deaths per round and taking a long break inbetween (stage 5 eh?..) , i feel and experience your pain on a deep and personal level, we have an emotional bond between us that only death to Voriak Solkyn will break..

I may phone my mother also, did it help?
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigils, bro. Use them.

Healing sigil before boss goes to crystal phase. This will help you take care of the Daedra no problem.

Defense sigil AND HASTE SIGIL OMG GET THE HASTE SIGIL after crystal phase is complete. This will guarantee a victory.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol sorcs are easy mode with vma, never heard anyone conplain about them being weak
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    @Chufu

Ah okay, with Sorc it IS easier than Warden in my opinion (crit surge). :smile:

Wish you the very best, it is "just" learning the mechanics (and have holy patience). :smile:

Well i just tried man withmy warden, in about 25 minutes, i made stage 1,2 no deaths, stage 3, 2 deaths or so ( a ton less than with my sorc) and stage 4 1 death only... not bad at all, i'm now at stage 5, the one i got stucked for so long, we'll see how it goes on my warden.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Insandros buddy don't give up.. it took me 8 months on and off to finish it i know the pain the new swear words you invented , the crontoller that was nearly going to fly towards the tv .. i know but as i said don't give up , you will finish it

here is my story

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/357668/ive-done-it-after-over-8-months-of-pain-swearing-nearly-braking-my-controller-its-over#latest
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »
    @Insandros your experience and mine sound pretty much even and that includes the number of deaths per round and taking a long break inbetween (stage 5 eh?..) , i feel and experience your pain on a deep and personal level, we have an emotional bond between us that only death to Voriak Solkyn will break..

I may phone my mother also, did it help?

@supaskrub lol yeah that darn stage 5, almost costed me a mouse and a broken fist lol... but damn Pulse morphed for interrupt did a huge change, able to interrupt the trop from one ilsand to anotehr, no need to go bash him anymore, did helped a lot, and since the boss is on %, when there is too much mobs or even when hes alone, i move from an island to another giving me the time t dmg him as he gets to me, when too much adds, i go on an island and try to kill adds before dmging himm too much and having the risk of having a island sunk.. but again we'll see next time i do it.. the 2 last time i tried, was one dieing at boss 1% health left, and the try after i beat him... hope next time it'll go soft lol

EDIT: HELL YAHH!! died maybe 3 times, or a bit more, i didnt count :) but first try, i died again like a noob because of being nervous and wrong bar, he was i presume less than 1% again lol, but the try after, got him.... YAH YAH, sounds stupid, but so proud of me :)
    Edited by Insandros on July 12, 2017 11:41PM
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: HELL YAHH!! died maybe 3 times, or a bit more, i didnt count :) but first try, i died again like a noob because of being nervous and wrong bar, he was i presume less than 1% again lol, but the try after, got him.... YAH YAH, sounds stupid, but so proud of me :)

Grats on your complete. What weapon did you get?

Btw, Tip for Stage 5.

Start on island with speed boost, damage boss when adds spawn focus them (always focus troll as well). When Boss gets below 75% they break island, so grab speed boost and go to health island (to the right). Kill adds, damage boss, focus adds when they spawn, at 45% boss breaks island, go to final one and grab both defense and damage sigil and just focus boss. Defense one should keep you alive. Good time to use your ultimate too.

Boss breaks islands at percentages, so don't rush getting the boss down, instead focus making sure adds are dead.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last level took me 3 hours the first time. Cleared it with no deaths second run.

It really is a kind of "a ha" level. Keep at it! If you got to the last level, you can absolutely clear it!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »

Grats on your complete. What weapon did you get?

Btw, Tip for Stage 5.

Start on island with speed boost, damage boss when adds spawn focus them (always focus troll as well). When Boss gets below 75% they break island, so grab speed boost and go to health island (to the right). Kill adds, damage boss, focus adds when they spawn, at 45% boss breaks island, go to final one and grab both defense and damage sigil and just focus boss. Defense one should keep you alive. Good time to use your ultimate too.

Boss breaks islands at percentages, so don't rush getting the boss down, instead focus making sure adds are dead.

lol none yet, i just tried with my warden and succeded going through stage 5, which took me months on my sorc and made me stop trying vMA a while ago. :) Thanks for the tips, appreciated I actualy did stage 1 to 6 with maybe 5 deaths, which with my sorcs took me maybe 50+, that's why i'm happy lol saved lots of money and soul gems :P I'm trying to get my warden up to stage 9 as i did with my sorc, so far, it goes pretty well. With my warden stage 5 is a bit of a joke, with Bird of Prey up and keeping magika harness up, walking in the walking feels like a joke.
    Edited by Insandros on July 13, 2017 12:42AM
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last level took me 3 hours the first time. Cleared it with no deaths second run.

It really is a kind of "a ha" level. Keep at it! If you got to the last level, you can absolutely clear it!

thanks a lot for the encouragents (not sure the word exist in english though :)) and the kind words, i'm sure i'll succeed one day.... maybe with my warden, since i jsut cleared lvl 7 on her, i did 1-8 in maybe what 1.5 hours, versus 1-9 on 10+ hrs on my other toon lol, can't believe i made 1-8 on the same day versus in a few months lol already there, i'm feeling proud
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stage 8 cleared on my Warden now, took me a few good deaths getting used to it as vampire and newly warden doing thsi place, taking in consideration that stage is actualy the second time i went there, i died maybe 8 times, but again did like stage 5, i got her down to about 3%, i died, then the run after, i killed her but it was close, she got away second pillar clear with about 1% life left, so i had to keep up until the next 3 pillars destroyed to finish the remaining 1%, not to mention how nervous i got, but i finaly got her :) I'm now at the same lvl of my Sorc, taking bit of a break and will try it out later to see how it goes with my warden, so far, i did 500% better with my warden than my sorc, faster and way more forgiving... i know it souds stupid, but maybe some of you guys actualy remember how you guys felt the few times it got better in there, and you undertstamd how i feel...

sorry for all the typos but i'm still shaking from that last stage 8 fight. :) soon, you guys will be able to see my first screenthot of my vMA first loot... i hope so. :) but i can't believe i did in 2 days way better than on my sorc which took me weeks, and moths to get back to it or to get where i went on my other toon... all that in less than 2 hours i think verus the amount of hours spent on my first toon to get there.... my friend was teasing me al;st night, because i said i'm starting to love vMA, he said he's ot talking to me anymore :)

But you know what makes me even more proud, is the fack that i did this, eother on my sorc or warden, with m,y own build i came up with, my own cp distribution, my own created rotations etc... nothing copied from the net, why i keep diying, well is more liley my clumsyness, but stil besides 1-2 skils change in mt bar to adapt to vMA, is all the same builds i use to PvE dungeons, etc... that's even more satisfying when it's a creation of your own than copy cat something... soon you won't be having to read new post from me on here, once i beat it up once i'll be so happy, that if i can clear vMA at least one per week, i'll be happy, eventualy going down to a few days etc.. but i don't aim flawless, i'm mostly in there to at least beat it once, and then weapons only, and having the title and know i'Ve elarned it by finishing it as Vet and not normal, and having the vet trophee. :)

Soon i'll feel a bit less retarted lol, i than you all again for all your replied, tips, hints and kind words... and thanks ZoS for the CPs addition since it was created lol no way i would had beaten this thing back then with 300cp only and old gear sets, makes this place a bit easier.
    Edited by Insandros on July 13, 2017 2:27PM
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know how you vampires beat vma, stages 8 and 9, esp those crematorial guards. not worth the extra regen in mag and stam for the fire damage taken for me
  • lauykanson
    lauykanson
    ✭✭✭
    vma is all about knowing the spawns and mechanics really, you don't need supernatural reflexes or insane coordination to complete it. And magsorc makes vma very very easy, so if you struggle with it either ur build is not correct or u are using the wrong skills. All you need to do is drop liquid lightning + blockade then heavy attack to finish the mobs. If your build is correct hardened ward will give you a 22k ish shield by pressing one button, as long as u have magicka to keep shield up mobs can't kill you regardless how hard they try...power surge and boundless storm also give u good healing and dmg mitigation. save up destro ulti for the boss fight and u are good to go.

Copying builds from the internet isn't completely a bad idea as they give you an insight into how meta is like and how to build ur character to maximize its potential, most of the information there are supported by good stats. Yes you can run your own build and still achieve goals, but vma isn't exactly a stress-free environment so the more u optimize ur build the less u struggle and eventually enjoying to do it more unless u like dying a lot.
    Edited by lauykanson on July 13, 2017 3:28PM
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    lauykanson wrote: »
    vma is all about knowing the spawns and mechanics really, you don't need supernatural reflexes or insane coordination to complete it. And magsorc makes vma very very easy, so if you struggle with it either ur build is not correct or u are using the wrong skills. All you need to do is drop liquid lightning + blockade then heavy attack to finish the mobs. If your build is correct hardened ward will give you a 22k ish shield by pressing one button, as long as u have magicka to keep shield up mobs can't kill you regardless how hard they try...power surge and boundless storm also give u good healing and dmg mitigation. save up destro ulti for the boss fight and u are good to go.

Copying builds from the internet isn't completely a bad idea as they give you an insight into how meta is like and how to build ur character to maximize its potential, most of the information there are supported by good stats. Yes you can run your own build and still achieve goals, but vma isn't exactly a stress-free environment so the more u optimize ur build the less u struggle and eventually enjoying to do it more unless u like dying a lot.

You right, but, in my own opinion, if i can make fropm stage 1 to 9 with 15 deaths i dont care, i'm still proud of myself, in less than an hour it's fine with me, i don't have the patience to watch movies for hours to learn all the spawn, when you know your toon you can counter anything where it spawn anytime, i have no issue there, only main issue is last boss, even though i know where it spawns or what ever, i always do a single mistake or end up with some issue, for someone that havent passed more than 5 hours in vMA without watching much movies on it or anything, i find it not that bad at all, dieing gives me a chance to take a break in between, cuz i'm a kinda a person that have a problem being sitting over 45 mintues in a row not moving from my chair in front of a video game, and it gives me chance to calm down and relax :)

I just cant make it because im stupid and have bad reflex, exemple, i kill the faucheclan always a bit too far from the portal pedestral, so i gotta wait the next one, so extending my stuff and playing on my nervs etc, the longer it takes, the higher stress comes out, specialy when you're new to the level, even when knowing all the spawn on that level, how many people spent hours trying to pass it, the more i died, the more i'll understand my mistakes i preume, i get to know what happens after all those deaths, but again it's my reflex and nerves that plays against me, how many time i do and realised my msitake and ask myself, why in hell did you do that..... or simply spamming wrong skill by being on the wrong bar but not realising it because of being nervous etc... so to be hones,t diying 15-20 times for a place like that from stage 1-8 for someone that havenbt learned it much and never done it on normal. i find it really good, but not att he fun of learning it all by heart, i just gotta keep my self calmer and don't over react, the more i'll do it, the more i'll be less nervous, thats how i got it so far, when im nervous i skrew up, when i'm calm it goes well, but last stage is tricky, forget to cast shield att he wrong time and makes a diff, trying to click the darn portal to get out, but i click too fast and it doesn't click, so being on same spot too long and boss cast is chain/spike on portal and sckrewed because i'm stupid, my build are fine, the problem is me being nervous, why you think i don't pvp? I get all nervous shaking and react with stupid reflex in panic. Over cast because i'm nervous, end up lossing ressources on crystall floor, over roll dodging, end up no stam, only thing i gotta learn by heart is where the moving wall spawns, cuz dunno how many time when it spawns i'm so far from it, by the time i sprint there he has time to cast.. again, because i'm stupid. I might have never beated last boss, but i'm still proud to brought 2 different class to stage 9 last boss... before 1 year i'll beat it, ot beat up my desk lolll

As for meta, each time i copy someones elses build i do bad, why, because i don't have the same play style then them, i create something from my own, that fits me well, and most of the time, what i come up with is about 200% better than those i copy, because i know my play style and what i'm comfortable with, and if i can do about 5k dps more on my own build than the one i tried to copy, well i rather stick to my own even though the meta one should be better, and i'm a bit stubborn, when i have a warden dps and a mage dps for exemple, i love putting in my bar their class skills so both looks different, how many build i'Ve seen that a melee DK and a Melle NB for exemple, almost looked the same, because only 2-3 class skills differ, all the rest was the same stuff, i would find that boring as *** playing different class, but having the same game play style, but again, that's my own opinion, i love diversity.

• Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last boss on vMA is very different from everything else. You have to know every move of this boss by a fracture of second. You have to block without even looking at him when he is shooting his scull-rocket. It took me around 5 hours to learn his every move.

This is why people say it is only hard for first timw. Because after you sing the song right correctly one time you will do so almost every time afterwards.
  • lauykanson
    lauykanson
    ✭✭✭
    lauykanson wrote: »

You right, but, in my own opinion, if i can make fropm stage 1 to 9 with 15 deaths i dont care, i'm still proud of myself, in less than an hour it's fine with me, i don't have the patience to watch movies for hours to learn all the spawn, when you know your toon you can counter anything where it spawn anytime, i have no issue there, only main issue is last boss, even though i know where it spawns or what ever, i always do a single mistake or end up with some issue, for someone that havent passed more than 5 hours in vMA without watching much movies on it or anything, i find it not that bad at all, dieing gives me a chance to take a break in between, cuz i'm a kinda a person that have a problem being sitting over 45 mintues in a row not moving from my chair in front of a video game, and it gives me chance to calm down and relax :)

I just cant make it because im stupid and have bad reflex, exemple, i kill the faucheclan always a bit too far from the portal pedestral, so i gotta wait the next one, so extending my stuff and playing on my nervs etc, the longer it takes, the higher stress comes out, specialy when you're new to the level, even when knowing all the spawn on that level, how many people spent hours trying to pass it, the more i died, the more i'll understand my mistakes i preume, i get to know what happens after all those deaths, but again it's my reflex and nerves that plays against me, how many time i do and realised my msitake and ask myself, why in hell did you do that..... or simply spamming wrong skill by being on the wrong bar but not realising it because of being nervous etc... so to be hones,t diying 15-20 times for a place like that from stage 1-8 for someone that havenbt learned it much and never done it on normal. i find it really good, but not att he fun of learning it all by heart, i just gotta keep my self calmer and don't over react, the more i'll do it, the more i'll be less nervous, thats how i got it so far, when im nervous i skrew up, when i'm calm it goes well, but last stage is tricky, forget to cast shield att he wrong time and makes a diff, trying to click the darn portal to get out, but i click too fast and it doesn't click, so being on same spot too long and boss cast is chain/spike on portal and sckrewed because i'm stupid, my build are fine, the problem is me being nervous, why you think i don't pvp? I get all nervous shaking and react with stupid reflex in panic. Over cast because i'm nervous, end up lossing ressources on crystall floor, over roll dodging, end up no stam, only thing i gotta learn by heart is where the moving wall spawns, cuz dunno how many time when it spawns i'm so far from it, by the time i sprint there he has time to cast.. again, because i'm stupid. I might have never beated last boss, but i'm still proud to brought 2 different class to stage 9 last boss... before 1 year i'll beat it, ot beat up my desk lolll

As for meta, each time i copy someones elses build i do bad, why, because i don't have the same play style then them, i create something from my own, that fits me well, and most of the time, what i come up with is about 200% better than those i copy, because i know my play style and what i'm comfortable with, and if i can do about 5k dps more on my own build than the one i tried to copy, well i rather stick to my own even though the meta one should be better, and i'm a bit stubborn, when i have a warden dps and a mage dps for exemple, i love putting in my bar their class skills so both looks different, how many build i'Ve seen that a melee DK and a Melle NB for exemple, almost looked the same, because only 2-3 class skills differ, all the rest was the same stuff, i would find that boring as *** playing different class, but having the same game play style, but again, that's my own opinion, i love diversity.

yes the final boss is really hard the first time you are trying to clear vMA, I have been in the same place trust me. My first vMA clear was with a magplar and I died like 400+ times all in all before I beat the arena, and probs more than 150 deaths just on the final boss...Back then I did't have very high cp and mygear/build was sub-par so even I used all the sigils I still struggled alot...But I guess the more you die the more you are learning at the same time.

The final boss has a very fixed pattern, especially when hes on the second floor, the most important thing is to time his skull projections in your head and dodge roll them, meanwhile u need to keep moving to dodge the red circles and keep an eye on the moving wall, so a bit multi-tasking is required and the more dps u have the easier this process gets...trust me you never want to be pushed down before all crystals are destroyed, there's like 3 mobs waiting for you down there and one is the daedroth so even as a magsorc its hard to survive let alone other classes...always destroy 3 crystals in one go. The position of wall spawn is random I think so you need to be aware of when it spawns and get behind it earlier. And after you break the crystals you will interrupt the boss from time to time, deal with the summoners adds and collect 3 ghost, when daedroth spawn u must have ur spectral explosion ready, bring it to the boss and hit the synergy then drop ulti to finish everything off...But all of this is more likely to be done if you have a high DPS build, and I cant emphasize enough how important dps is in vMA...since everything in arena has low hp but high damage, the faster you kill them the more safe you are, and the shorter the boss fight the less likely you are gonna make big mistakes, simple logic here.

If you struggle always utilize those sigils and also use some powerful potions like tri-stat potions which help greatly on the second floor fight. The defense and attack sigils are very powerful. If you play magicka always have crushing shock slotted to interrupt the boss that helps tremendously.

And lastly stamina builds are more or less the same atm there's very little variety between them that's truth, but its ZOS's fault not the players because class skills mostly favor magicka setup and many skills do not have a stamina morph so players are stuck with a bunch of weapon skills and maybe 1-2 class skills only...And vMA bow is a must have for stam build as well so theres very little variety unless ZOS make some big changes on stam skills and gear
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    Last boss on vMA is very different from everything else. You have to know every move of this boss by a fracture of second. You have to block without even looking at him when he is shooting his scull-rocket. It took me around 5 hours to learn his every move.

This is why people say it is only hard for first timw. Because after you sing the song right correctly one time you will do so almost every time afterwards.

Totaly agree, i progress slowly, but i progress, i now can go up once on each try, i was able to calm down, use stuff properly until then, once i'm up, i can also calm down, spare magika to use magika harness, bird of prey to run fast, and mainly heavy attacking crystal to regen, but, once in a while i get skrewed by mortars, i ened up magika less and unable to heal, and, not sure the name of the skill in english, but i keep getting the kinda dots that keeps my life droping, gotta watch back a movie to learn about this... i usualy die cuz of that, not because of the skulls which i can avoid, or his huge range attack that i now know where the wall spawn at first and get close to the crystal close to there... but i die because of the kinda dot that end up with massive dmg... that's the part i don'T remember from the guide i'Ve listened.... It's Boilling Soul or something like that if i translate.....
    But as ai said earlier, keeping calm does a huge diff, since i keep clam, i can at least get up once, that's a huge progress from yesterday, which i wasn't able to pass the first Daedroth on the beginning... Slowly, but surely.... but as i say, these kinda fights, arena, is the kind of stuff in games i always sucks, when reflexes are needed and mechanics that hard, i skrew up, which is why i was never able to beat on my old PS3 Game, KillZone 2 or 3 can't remember, last boss :)

They day i am able to beat that freaking Skoria twin or sister or brother or what ever, free beer to everyone reading this thread, or milk for minor peoples :P
    Edited by Insandros on July 13, 2017 8:54PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »

Totaly agree, i progress slowly, but i progress, i now can go up once on each try, i was able to calm down, use stuff properly until then, once i'm up, i can also calm down, spare magika to use magika harness, bird of prey to run fast, and mainly heavy attacking crystal to regen, but, once in a while i get skrewed by mortars, i ened up magika less and unable to heal, and, not sure the name of the skill in english, but i keep getting the kinda dots that keeps my life droping, gotta watch back a movie to learn about this... i usualy die cuz of that, not because of the skulls which i can avoid, or his huge range attack that i now know where the wall spawn at first and get close to the crystal close to there... but i die because of the kinda dot that end up with massive dmg... that's the part i don'T remember from the guide i'Ve listened.... It's Boilling Soul or something like that if i translate.....
    But as ai said earlier, keeping calm does a huge diff, since i keep clam, i can at least get up once, that's a huge progress from yesterday, which i wasn't able to pass the first Daedroth on the beginning... Slowly, but surely.... but as i say, these kinda fights, arena, is the kind of stuff in games i always sucks, when reflexes are needed and mechanics that hard, i skrew up, which is why i was never able to beat on my old PS3 Game, KillZone 2 or 3 can't remember, last boss :)

They day i am able to beat that freaking Skoria twin or sister or brother or what ever, free beer to everyone reading this thread, or milk for minor peoples :P

Soul Churn is the name of the DoT, and yes it's unavoidable and the longer you're upstairs the stronger the DoT gets. It doesn't take massive damage to get the crystals all in one go, they've only got about 200k HP, you just need to keep your wits about you and trust your DoTs.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm just about to give up... i'm just too stupid for this game, i guess i came out as a child with half my brain stucked in my mom's womb.... i am so angry to be a boss away to clear the place :S if at least i could progress a bit more i would be happy, but i keep ding up there because i can't kill all 3 crystal fast enough... i'll just stay with freaking boring pledges, only thing i'm good at.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm addicted to beat this thing up, i tried again, did some changes, approach, i now mostly get close to destroy all 3 crystals on all tries, but something i do a clumsy stuff, each time i get further, i get nervous and skrew up lol, i finaly got the crystals down, but forgot to interrupt him on the way back :S.
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    Say it to yourself: YOU ARE TOO GOOD TO DIE! That's the first thing: Don't get sad/b]

o rly
    new methods)

DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG..... i just beated it!!!!!!! lol i'm so shaking right now, if i'd be holding a box of dozen eggs, it would instantly do scrambled eggs..... i was hopping for the best a lightning sharpen staff... but when i got back trying vMA 2 days ago, i told myself, guess what, any trait would be awesome for now.... anyways, here's some pictures i need to share :))) Sorry for the french language in game, so here's some french basics :P Lightning = Foudre

So to let you guys know, changes i'Ve made are:

1- Brought Vampirism down to stage 1
    2- Using 3 stats potions on that last round, mostly when i get up.
    3- I trred the other moph from light armor shield, i beated with this morph, but right after i went back with Magika Harness morph. :)
    4- Some CP changes, put a few pts in Blessed so i get a bit more heal from light attacks from Lotus, some CP also in Quick Recovery to also help heals, too off some CP from Tenacity and put them in Acrobat, to reduce roll dodge cost, specialy for when i'm up there.
    5- I wasn't using much light attacks on crystals to get proper heals from Lotus, i changed my way of attacking the crystals, wa smore calm and able to roll dodge the skulls, ok i died a few times before by roll dodging down like a newb lol...
    6- Took off bird of prey for that last stage, to slot in Inner Light on both bar, saving me some magika by casting it, loosing running speed from it made me adjust my way to approach the wall, but we'll see next time i try it if all that will be still in my brain lol

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5yt77i3pf34j9td/vMA-1.jpg
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/o5owlh8tdg3860p/vMA-2.jpg
    Edited by Insandros on July 14, 2017 6:25AM
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just cleared that ugly place for the 7th time last night since my first sucess on july 14... i try to clear it once per day at least, or sometimes twice... but all depends on the last boss fight... it's my nightmare, sometimes it goes well, sometimes not... I'm so average player that i'm not constant, sometimes i clear most places on one shot, no death, and sometimes i get stucked a few tries on place i pass no problemo and sometimes where i use to have trouble, i go through like butter.... usualy my pain is stage 5 last fight, which i did last night on first try... then stage 7, was a pain, now i ostly clear it no death or died once because of clumsyness... and stage 9 last boss fight.... can take me an hour to sucess like my 4th times i cleared it, or 20 minutes the entire stage 9 including boss fight like my 5th cleared, and went back to an hour on my 6th cleared, then last night on my 7th cleared, i died a few places i never do, like stage 4, 7 a few times which mostly not happens anymore, died 1-2 time on stage 9 in pre-round 5, which usualy rarely happens, but, i cleared the boss on first try... so odd lol I can't remember how many times i died while the boss was below 20% or even less, because i was not fast enough to grab the yellow ghost, because again the game designer had the bright idea to again makes us being flawless by making the boss TP an inch away from where the yellow ghost spawn, so while i'm away taqking care of stuff they actualy made it all on purpuse to spawn at the moment you need to deal tons of *** at the same time, i can't make it there, so a few times the ***hole ends up with 3 ghosts... since he can get our ghosts as well, think i can actualy be able to get also his one shoting range attack? nah, all stuff goes to the mobs, not the players. :)

But i got to be honest, vMA, mostly last boss fight, is the worste video game design stuff i'Ve even seen, that is, starting from PacMan on Atari 2600 when i was a kid in the mid 80's, so i'Ve played tons of games even since i first tried vMA, and from all those games, fights etc.. that final fight is what i find the worste and laysy design i'Ve even seen, all done so the players can'T suceed much if doing a few mistakes, dunno what the point of wanted that hard to make players failed... it's lie they simply made a list of all the most annoying stuff in the game, and they were tired, and came up with a synchronised stuff of events to get all clsoe together or happens in same time... i wanna create a thread with a parody of how vMA last fight design brainstorm came up.. because to be honest i think is just a bad joke, like the rerward from the quest, now way, i mean no way any developpers, or the game's designer ever tried vMA entire with normal toons, no god mode, no Game Master toons, no unlimited gold bank..because to be honest, any human with common sens, would had realised, learning that place cost in repairs, pots, a bit freaking more than a stupid 644 gold quest reward, the same amount i et from taking any pledges and go runing CoA, which i run alone cuz it gives more challenge than in group.... you get 644 gold for completing the most tough solo content you get, at least learning it and getting comfortable with... they are just mocking us. :) That 644 gold doesn't even pay my laundry fees to clean up my armors pants for the amount of time i shited myself in them :) If it was in real life, i'm sure most of you guys after completing a tough arena like that, after being offered a 644 gold for it, that stupid daedra at the lobby would had been spit on or killed :P It's like offfering a chocolat medal to the Spartan's Race champion :)