The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Locked maelstrom weapon still enchanted by mistake

rpfc1009
rpfc1009
✭✭
The few weapons I have from maelstrom arena are all locked.
I thought that prevented any change to be made to the weapon until you unlocked it.
Today, before the boss fight in volefell I quickly charged my maelstrom bow... or so I thought... I had by mistake chosen the enchant option deus destroying the weapon...
It was locked so there is no reason for it to be "changed"
Please help
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something which can happen, they are in fact adding an extra confirmation window with update 15 because this can happen.

You could try sending a ticket to support and seeing if they're able to help you restore the item, however I don't know how much ZOS generally reimburses things like this.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    Thanks for answer, sent a tu jet to support straight away
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't change it people have already tried. Locked should mean completely locked, with the only option being to charge the weapon. Glyphs should not be applicable in a locked state.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 12, 2017 9:29AM
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will REPLACE it as long as it's the first time you've ever had it happen
    Edited by TARAFRAKA on July 12, 2017 10:40AM
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the exact same thing to my master restoration staff about 8 months ago and it only took a couple of days before support had me destroy it and they sent me a new one in the mail I didn't even have to gold it out
    Edited by TARAFRAKA on July 12, 2017 10:40AM
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    You have given me hope
    Thanks everyone
    Hopefully they'll change locked to mean what it should be
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    Just got an answer to my ticket saying that they have no record of any maelstrom being enchanted in the last 90 days...

e93yq9fxgan0.jpg

and here is a screenshot of the weapon...

wasr4jfbywae.jpg

whats going on?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send support the screenshot, but make sure it's not cropped so they can see the character name.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    Already did with all details...
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    ctfgr21do4ga.jpg
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    HAPPY to say that after many, many emails, zos finally decided to replace my bow
    Thanks everyone and to zos