Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Updating to ESO Gold

Alexaria
Alexaria
Soul Shriven
I have a retail copy of Tamriel Unlimited that came with my deluxe set for Morrowind. I have just had the five free days of ESO plus.

If I get ESO Gold, retail., will I have to uninstall and reinstall everything or will it just unlock the areas as ESO plus did.? The install in my area took 14 hours.

This is for a PS4. And will I have access to my craft crate?
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    You will not have to re-DL anything. It is already there you just don't have access until you have gold. Should not affect the crates. If you do not get Gold you will lose the craft bag, extra XP and gold, and access to DLC. Purchasing gold wont do anything but give you access back.
    PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might it be cheaper to just get the Guilds and Glory pack from the crownstore to get those DLCs?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Alexaria
    Alexaria
    Soul Shriven
    "You will not have to re-DL anything. It is already there you just don't have access until you have gold. Should not affect the crates. If you do not get Gold you will lose the craft bag, extra XP and gold, and access to DLC. Purchasing gold wont do anything but give you access back."

Thanks. Much appreciated. The Gold Edition I can get at Target online , with my discount, for $30. Which would only get me two areas on PSN.

But I have waiting for one more knowledgeable than i to verify this . Because it took Morrowind 14 hours to D/L and I do not want to see Imperial ,Thieves and DB take as long- or longer.

What price is the glory pack? I never bought form the Crown store. Except for the free crowns that came with Morrowind.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can get the gold edition for 30 that will be about 10$ cheaper than the 4 dlc pack. If I am remembering correct.

Just make sure you apply your codes to your existing account, don't make a new one and no need to re/install anything.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify you have already downloaded all those dlc parts to your machine, you just need to unlock access to them

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Alexaria
    Alexaria
    Soul Shriven
    "To clarify you have already downloaded all those dlc parts to your machine, you just need to unlock access to them"

Ok. So it is not downloaded content (DLC) but rather disc loaded content. Life the Fallout 3 add ons were. (also DLC)
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it took Morrowind 14 hours to D/L and I do not want to see Imperial ,Thieves and DB take as long- or longer.

The way it works is, even if you hadn't bought Morrowind you would have still had the 14 hours download. All content is included in your downloads, but is locked until you add the DLC/expansion to your account, at which point a simple flag is checked and you can then access the other content. The reason it is done this way is because of the nature of MMO's everybody has to be running the same client version to play, otherwise there would be issues, the most simple of which would be if someone was wearing a new armour style from a DLC and walked onto your screen, if you had not already downloaded that armour style you would either not see it, or would have to download it then and there forcing a reload to be able to view the new skins.
    Edited by Belidos on July 14, 2017 9:04AM