Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need help game unplayable

magma.co.ukub17_ESO
Hey.
So I just finished installing the game about 2 hours ago, and along with having several issues even getting past the login screen, I am now faced with a game breaking issue.

At the very first maybe 25 - 30 seconds of me logging in I am able to interact with things fine such as the crown store etc, (NPC's and stuff do not load in quick enough for me to interact) and after this time, chat messages are extremely delayed and I am unable to interact with absolutely anything around me. And then about 45 seconds after this problem occurs, I am disconnected with no error message.

I have a GTX 960 with an AMD A10 Processor.

Not sure what the issue is here?
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although you haven't mentioned the type of connection you have, sometimes the problem is there. Are you on wi-fi? Hard wired to a modem? What is the internet connection speed your IP provides?

You have a GeForce GTX 960 graphics card and an AMD A10 processor, but don't give any additional details about your computer's specs or even what series your A10 is (e.g., 6800K, 7800K, 7850K, etc.) All of your computer's hdw and sfw specs interact to create its performance. So it's really impossible to offer further suggestions with such limited information.

To give you something to compare against, I have a 2014 Acer Predator with an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 32 GB memory, a 64-bit OS running Windows 10. I am hard wired to a Time Warner 5G broadband connection. Even though the computer is a few years old, it runs ESO just fine.

Hope this helps.
  • magma.co.ukub17_ESO
    Although you haven't mentioned the type of connection you have, sometimes the problem is there. Are you on wi-fi? Hard wired to a modem? What is the internet connection speed your IP provides?

You have a GeForce GTX 960 graphics card and an AMD A10 processor, but don't give any additional details about your computer's specs or even what series your A10 is (e.g., 6800K, 7800K, 7850K, etc.) All of your computer's hdw and sfw specs interact to create its performance. So it's really impossible to offer further suggestions with such limited information.

To give you something to compare against, I have a 2014 Acer Predator with an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 32 GB memory, a 64-bit OS running Windows 10. I am hard wired to a Time Warner 5G broadband connection. Even though the computer is a few years old, it runs ESO just fine.

Hope this helps.

Hey. Thanks for the response.

Pretty sure it's the 7850K. Also, I'm using a wired connection from my modem.
  • magma.co.ukub17_ESO

Hope this helps.

Hey. Thanks for the response.

Pretty sure it's the 7850K. Also, I'm using a wired connection from my modem.

** also get about 1.5mbps download speed and like 0.40 up
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your upload/download speeds are slow...ideally for today's computing needs, you'd want at least 4 Mbps download. It would be nice to have 40mbps. Look here for more information: https://www.quora.com/How-fast-is-a-1-5-Mbps-download-speed, and here from the AT&T community forum: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Features/Is-1-5-Mbps-Upload-good-enough-for-Gaming-Xbox-PS4-etc/td-p/4279367
  • magma.co.ukub17_ESO
    Your upload/download speeds are slow...ideally for today's computing needs, you'd want at least 4 Mbps download. It would be nice to have 40mbps. Look here for more information: https://www.quora.com/How-fast-is-a-1-5-Mbps-download-speed, and here from the AT&T community forum: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Features/Is-1-5-Mbps-Upload-good-enough-for-Gaming-Xbox-PS4-etc/td-p/4279367

woops, my bad. I meant that's how fast I download files etc.

According to speedtest.net - my results are:

ping/40ms
    download/12.50mbps
    upload/0.50(lol)
  • VoidParticle
    VoidParticle
    ✭✭
    Another thing you forgot to mention was how much RAM you have. If you have like 2gb RAM your PC might be doing crazy stuff when you launch this game.