The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

still no game chat after all the..........

tlp_knucklez
tlp_knucklez
Soul Shriven
In dire need of a solution, I have tried every possible way of fixing my game chat from gamertag syncing to static ip. PLEASE HELP
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    bump for help - the email service got this person no where for 3 weeks - no game chat at all in NA server. He has erased and redownloaded game, changed to static IP, and ZOS has checked his GT to make sure it is in line with the game.

Anyone have any help?
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_GinaBruno Please help! He's in my guild and it makes it impossible to play anything with him in an XBL party that lags us all out constantly. There has to be something that the customer service overlooked
  • Joffi
    Joffi
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I can think is if one of these ports is to specifically do with chat and is closed:

All Platforms
    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    TCP Port 80
    TCP Port 433

Xbox One Ports
    UDP Port 88
    UDP Port 5060
    UDP Port 5062
    UDP Port 6250
    UDP Port 3478 through 3479
    UDP Ports 12000 through 32000
    UDP and TCP Port 53
    UDP and TCP Port 3074
    TCP Port 80
    TCP Port 433

Copied from ESO Support KB here.
    "Bah... This is not the way... "

PC EU
    Tempora Jof, Daggerfall Covenant, Breton, Sorcerer, Vampire: "Being good is hard..."
    Jurfi da Nord, Aldmeri Dominion, Nord,Warden, Vampire: "Serving my own needs is easy."
    Randal the Second, Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Dragonknight: "I refuse to feel the ex-slaver guilt I have."
    Inos sal'Ma'Nefic, Aldmeri Dominion, Imperial, Templar: "Heals by accident count, eh? Eh?"
    Desdenada Jof, Ebonheart Pact, High Elf, Sorcerer: "Righteousness is its own edict."
    Joffi da Rat, Aldmeri Dominion, Wood Elf, Nightblade: "Bah, this is not the way..."
    Indigo sal'Ma'Nefic, Daggerfall Covenant, Redguard, Dragonknight: "For glory!"
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    @Joffi His voice works on EU but not NA - weird, right?

I think its a gamer tag issue (the new character he created on EU has no issues, but older characters on NA still do).

He did all the port stuff and according to the emails with ZOS, they said his tag is fine.

Any other ideas?

:neutral:

It sucks.
  • Joffi
    Joffi
    ✭✭✭
    Wow... weird. And sorry, no. I only had the one. I think you might be on to it. If is a gamertag issue, that makes it a Microsoft support issue :/

PC EU
    Tempora Jof, Daggerfall Covenant, Breton, Sorcerer, Vampire: "Being good is hard..."
    Jurfi da Nord, Aldmeri Dominion, Nord,Warden, Vampire: "Serving my own needs is easy."
    Randal the Second, Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Dragonknight: "I refuse to feel the ex-slaver guilt I have."
    Inos sal'Ma'Nefic, Aldmeri Dominion, Imperial, Templar: "Heals by accident count, eh? Eh?"
    Desdenada Jof, Ebonheart Pact, High Elf, Sorcerer: "Righteousness is its own edict."
    Joffi da Rat, Aldmeri Dominion, Wood Elf, Nightblade: "Bah, this is not the way..."
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    I think someone at ZOS needs to confirm the gamer tag they have is linked to his characters. I truly think that is where the problem is, but we can't get anyone to go back in and check.

Anyone?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? Pretty please?

• pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    Bump for help!

He has called Microsoft over and over and they keep saying its on the game side (which I agree since it works on the EU server, but not the NA server).

He also emailed support again, and they told him they could not confirm his GT. I don't understand this, but they aren't very helpful.

Can someone - anyone help?? This is insane - we all paid for the game and pay our $15 a month, and he can't even speak in chat? Thats kind of lame.

Does anyone have any insight?
  • MonarchPrime
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I have the same problem but reversed.
    Im playing on EU.
    The Chat is working on NA but not on EU.
    Your Support says I have to contact microsoft.
    And Microsoft says I have to contact you.

It is frustrating. Please help.
    Deutscher Spieler | Xbox One: Librom
    Champion 470+
    Meredith Thalwyn: Breton | Magicka Templar | Healer
    Senah'ra: Khajiit | Stamina Nightblade | Damage Dealer
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've changed your gamertag...that is why or possibly it is something Xbox related like your settings in terms of child account or the social settings.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 19, 2017 11:47AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    @MonarchPrime - he changed his GT with Microsoft and it started working again
  • MonarchPrime
    pamichic wrote: »
    @MonarchPrime - he changed his GT with Microsoft and it started working again

I did too. Changed Gamertag - it worked.
    Then I changed back and it stopped working again.

I dont want to use another GT because of ESO.
    Deutscher Spieler | Xbox One: Librom
    Champion 470+
    Meredith Thalwyn: Breton | Magicka Templar | Healer
    Senah'ra: Khajiit | Stamina Nightblade | Damage Dealer
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    I understand, but thats the only way to fix it. My buddy (OP) didn't want to either.
  • Joffi
    Joffi
    ✭✭✭
    pamichic wrote: »
    I understand, but thats the only way to fix it. My buddy (OP) didn't want to either.

Unfortunately, that is not a fix, but rather a band-aide. It's treating the symptom whilst the cause remains untreated by either Microsoft or ESO. I'm guessing, because they don't talk to each other and find a solution. Doctors rarely do, of patients or computers.

PC EU