Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Museum Piece - Gurlisk's Head

jdougiepeb18_ESO
jdougiepeb18_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi all,
I'm a newbie and questing through Stonefalls, so yet to encounter many other areas. I have a quandary at the moment as i have an item taking up inventory space that i don't know what to do with. I've googled over and over with different combinations to find the answer but it seems to be very elusive.

I have a green item in my inventory called 'Gurlisk's Head'. It is labelled as a museum piece.

I aquired this item by killing Gurlisk before attaining the quest: Savages of Stonefall. Also this item was not recognised by the quest once i had started it, i had to reacquire the quest item and the quest item was different to this item, yet retains the same name. (Thus making searching for an answer on this quite difficult as you end up with many results to do with the quest).

I've also tried to find what museums there are in ESO, to which i only seem to be able to find that there is one in Orsinium, 'The House of Orsimer Glories'. Yet when i googled and checked the list of pieces it requires, this item was not on that list. (Note: I've not actually been there myself yet.. ESO is a big place and i'm not ready to make that journey yet.. unless i can confirm this is indeed where i need to take it.)

So does anyone know if there is another Museum in ESO? Or where i need to take this item?

Here is a link to the item i am enquiring about: http://www.esohead.com/items/27845-gurlisks-head
It says on it: "This is the severed head of the savage clannfear known as Gurlisk. There might be a reward for killing it."

I sincerely appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
Cheers.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 20, 2022 6:18PM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is part of a quest that you would have picked up in Ebonheart. There will be two more markers on the Stonefalls map you'll need to go to to complete the quest
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • jdougiepeb18_ESO
    jdougiepeb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    That is part of a quest that you would have picked up in Ebonheart. There will be two more markers on the Stonefalls map you'll need to go to to complete the quest

I wish that were the case, but i already explained that is not correct for this.

This is the quest item you are talking about:
    http://esoitem.uesp.net/itemLink.php?&questid=2776&quality=5

This is the item i have:
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/itemLink.php?itemid=27845

You can see that they are two totally different items with the same name, as i originally explained. So i'm still stuck looking for the purpose of the Museum Piece item.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the same item. They adjusted the visuals of it.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same item. They adjusted the visuals of it.

I know this is an old thread, but this data is not new. The quest obtains a white item that is used up. This green item is just sitting in my inventory even after starting and finishing that quest.

Wish I knew what do do with it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in July 2017. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.