Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Master Writ drop theory.

Malacthulhu
Malacthulhu
✭✭✭✭
This is just a theory, so eso troll just relax I will let you know when I need my post bumped.

I have noticed a pattern with how many gold mats I have over the course of a week correlating to what I get for master writs Voucher wise.

This coreelation was greatly exaggerated when just before homestead I had about 130 temps and first black smithing writ right aftwr yeilded me like a 230 something black smithing master writ.

I have noticed similar patterns throughout. This could all just be a coincidence as well but, as time goes on it feels less so. Sorry though no graphs yet but, strongly considering starting to record the data in regards to this.

If anyone has experienced the opposite or similar please share
Edited by Malacthulhu on July 7, 2017 10:02PM
Xbox One Na
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you're entirely wrong, but I'm not sure the system is directly connecting tempers and writs. But I suspect the following:

1. They adjusted some things to do with master writs in update 14. For example, we know they changed the price of purple furnishing recipes at the vendor. So it's possible they also tweaked the master writ drops rates then. Many people are now complaining about lower rates.

I'm personally not sure of rates are that much lower. My 2-3 week haul on 9 master crafters doing 6 writs each daily is 750 vouchers. I know thenfigure because I just didmthem all at once....took flipping 3 hours, lol. But I could be on a hot streak..I didn't get any massively valuable ones, but I had at least 3 that were 80-120.

2. More importantly, I believe the system uses a form of "traffic control" to help the economy. What this means with writs is let's say you have the desirable item...gold mat, master writ, whatever. If 100 people do the writ in an hour, maybe the system hands out 5 desirable items, a 5% drop rate. But if 1,000 people do writs, it doesn't want to flood the economy and thensystem hands out 30 desirable items, a 3% drop rate. More people get them, butmthe rate is lower.

This could explain what you're seeing. When Morrowind dropped, players flooded the game. If my theory is right, this would drop the rate of tempers and master writs.
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the so-called adjustment my 9 trait master crafter, missing 10 completed motif styles, only gets 2 voucher alchemy writs, 5 voucher clothing writs and 6 - 7 voucher blacksmithing writs once in a very blue moon, maybe once per week I will get ONE of the low level voucher writs. I get 0 woodworking at any voucher level. My master crafter with only the basic racial styles, on the other hand, with maybe 15 total things researched in random places gets 89 voucher to 287 voucher writs at least twice a week, while still getting between 2 - 20 voucher writs in other rewards each day.

I see no logic in this.

Keep in mind, what I am saying is my master crafter with a year and a half put into research and gathering motifs MIGHT get JUST ONE of the low voucher writs MAYBE if ZOS is feeling generous... once a week. 9/10 times it is a 2 voucher writ. While my crafter that literally knows nothing but the basic playable races styles and has 15 total things researched (a random belt trait here, a mace trait there) is getting the larger ones EVERY DAY.

Why is this @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Was the adjustment done as a nerf rather than a boon to master crafters?
    Edited by Damianos on July 8, 2017 9:29PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »
    Since the so-called adjustment my 9 trait master crafter, missing 10 completed motif styles, only gets 2 voucher alchemy writs, 5 voucher clothing writs and 6 - 7 voucher blacksmithing writs once in a very blue moon, maybe once per week I will get ONE of the low level voucher writs. I get 0 woodworking at any voucher level. My master crafter with only the basic racial styles, on the other hand, with maybe 15 total things researched in random places gets 89 voucher to 287 voucher writs at least twice a week, while still getting between 2 - 20 voucher writs in other rewards each day.

I see no logic in this.

This is my experience as well, I seem to get way more on my main than on my crafter.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »

I see no logic in this.

Why is this @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Was the adjustment done as a nerf rather than a boon to master crafters?

This is my experience as well. It is to the point to where I have stopped doing writs completely and have also stopped trying to finish off the last few motifs.

What in the world is the point of being a master crafter? No one really buys crafted gear, and there is little benefit to doing writs. I get the same master writs (or sometimes better) from my lowbie crafter as I do the guy that I have worked for years on.

Edited by Bouldercleave on July 8, 2017 9:49PM
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I don't think you're entirely wrong, but I'm not sure the system is directly connecting tempers and writs. But I suspect the following:

1. They adjusted some things to do with master writs in update 14. For example, we know they changed the price of purple furnishing recipes at the vendor. So it's possible they also tweaked the master writ drops rates then. Many people are now complaining about lower rates.

I'm personally not sure of rates are that much lower. My 2-3 week haul on 9 master crafters doing 6 writs each daily is 750 vouchers. I know thenfigure because I just didmthem all at once....took flipping 3 hours, lol. But I could be on a hot streak..I didn't get any massively valuable ones, but I had at least 3 that were 80-120.

2. More importantly, I believe the system uses a form of "traffic control" to help the economy. What this means with writs is let's say you have the desirable item...gold mat, master writ, whatever. If 100 people do the writ in an hour, maybe the system hands out 5 desirable items, a 5% drop rate. But if 1,000 people do writs, it doesn't want to flood the economy and thensystem hands out 30 desirable items, a 3% drop rate. More people get them, butmthe rate is lower.

This could explain what you're seeing. When Morrowind dropped, players flooded the game. If my theory is right, this would drop the rate of tempers and master writs.

I should have cleared that up better and explained it as a possible factor. I explained this on another thread about gold/purple/green mat payout when refining. As more motif styles are introduced more motiff stones are added to loot pool when refining, diluting it. Unless there is a solid pity drop system then the odds go down for each thing when they add to the refine loot table.

I am sure master writs per account can only possibly pay out x mount per week. I would also have to agree with a system to prevent flood the economy with vouchers etc thus all the worthless small ones in circulation that are not worth the payout after mats.
    Xbox One Na
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

I should have cleared that up better and explained it as a possible factor. I explained this on another thread about gold/purple/green mat payout when refining. As more motif styles are introduced more motiff stones are added to loot pool when refining, diluting it. Unless there is a solid pity drop system then the odds go down for each thing when they add to the refine loot table.

I am sure master writs per account can only possibly pay out x mount per week. I would also have to agree with a system to prevent flood the economy with vouchers etc thus all the worthless small ones in circulation that are not worth the payout after mats.

Style mats do not drop from refining, only from deconning (and then, you only get a chance at the style stone of the style the gear is). Trait stones do drop from refining, though. So, unless a lot of new traits are added, the refining loot table isn't getting diluted.