The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Compendium of annoying NPC reactions you can avoid.

Wayleran
Wayleran
✭✭
I love ESO. The devs did a great job in so many ways; however, one big misstep they made (and continue to make) is to add an overabundance of inane NPC reactions to certain quest decisions you make. For instance in Phaer whether you decide to kill the quest-related NPC or save him you will be FOREVER greeted in all the AD zones with both a positive and negative response. Now while this is great for immersion...once...or twice...or even literally a dozen times, it grows exceedingly annoying over the months and years you play that character.

So my intent is for this thread is to allow us to share some of our least favorite NPC reactions and which quest triggered them. Hopefully this will help others avoid making, what to some of us are considered, terrible mistakes. This only relates, of course, to non-essential quests as some of the main story, zone story or guild story quests can and shouldn't be avoided.

One caveat is that this is merely personally opinion and should be taken as such. The voice-overs in this game, in my opinion, are amazing. I listen to almost all quest dialog and I even love the aforementioned NPC reactions, but like I said some are way too annoying and intrusive to you gameplay when you have to listen to them for the 100th time. So until Zenimax adds an option in the game to lower or silence "NPC reactions" or "ambient conversions", we can maybe make a list of NON-ESSENTIAL quests that can be avoided on your second or third go around. Thanks.

Here is a link to most if not all possible random NPC reactions someone posted on the Elder Scrolls site: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/User:Shuryard/Sandbox4

Also if possible use this template:

Alliance - Zone (Area) - Quest Title

[Describe the choices and impact they have on NPC reactions or other concerns you have with the quest]
Edited by Wayleran on July 6, 2017 9:12PM
  • Wayleran
    Wayleran
    ✭✭
    I'll start here of course with the quest I mentioned earlier...

Aldmeri Dominion - Auridon (Phaer) - The First Patient

If you let Hendil DIE:
    Positive: "I heard you let that woman at Phaer have real justice. Auri-el would approve."
    Negative: "You let that woman murder that doctor in Phaer, didn't you? Shame on you." (IMO, the WORST most annoying one in the game)

If you let Hendil LIVE:
    Positive: "I've heard of your deeds in Phaer, traveler. That was justice well done."
    Negative: "How could you let that alchemist from Phaer live? He was a monster!"
    Edited by Wayleran on July 6, 2017 9:09PM