Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question about appearance please

emve
emve
so I've looked up what the night mothers embrace set appearance is suppose to look like and it's completely different from what my characters appearance is. Can someone please explain? My gear appearance with the set looks like dunmer.. also it's been stuck on blue and gold? Thanks

Best Answer

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colour only changes with the material level of the items, that stops at C150 as ruby materials which default to a red colour.
    Clothing wise you can just go dye them, weapons you won't be able to change the colour of.

As for the look of the set I am not sure. If they've updated what style it's in then it should have been global and there shouldn't be two version floating around. If that's the case then every piece in the game will now have the appearance you see.

Costumes are currently the only way to hide a style you don't like whilst still having the sets on. Coming in the future there will be a system which lets you change armours to different styles, but we're not sure when or how yet.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you might have an old version of the set, as I believe that the set is older than the motif it's currently in. Style should be the only difference though.
  • emve
    emve
    So how would I go about getting a newer version of the set? Also does the color scheme of equipment change as your progress through high cp? Like for instance if I get the same set at 200cp will the color scheme be different?