Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Which monster sets are worth keeping this patch?

BrightOblivion
BrightOblivion
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been doing at least the normal pledges for the past few weeks, and have pretty much been hanging on to any shoulder pieces with the divines trait that I get from the undaunted chests. However, I know that some of them are total rubbish and should just be deconstructed, and there are probably some sets where it's better (or at least alright) to have the pieces in traits other than divines. I just don't know which sets those are. I found the below list elsewhere on the forums, but I'm not sure how thorough it is, and it doesn't really mention anything about traits.

llambris
Tremorscale
Selene
Kragh
Molag Kena
Velidreth
Valkyn Skoria

So what do y'all think? Which monster sets are worth keeping after the Morrowind patch? Are there specific ones where you want a different trait than divines, like infused or reinforced? I realize it depends a great deal on the characters one is going to play, but that's kind of up in the air right now. Just because the only character I'm currently playing is a magsorc with a pet build doesn't mean all I'm ever going to play is a magsorc with a pet build, after all, and I'd rather avoid needing a shoulder piece that I've gotten and deconstructed three times in the past, because I wasn't sure if the set was any good.

(And yes, I know that in the long run, it's all subject to change and could only truly avoid having the above scenario happen if i got one of every shoulder and helm in every trait and every weight, which would be a ridiculous amount of bank/bag space taken up. That's why I specified "this patch.")
  • onemoredragon
    onemoredragon
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn
    Mighty Chudan
    Lord Warden
    Shadowrend
    Chokethorn
    that's for tanks :)
    I also don't see Grothdarr, pretty sure it is still usable.
    PC EU @OneMoreDragon

Rakshasi Raijina, khajiit sorceror, adventurer and crafter
    Keel-Neesha, argonian dragonknight tank
    Asharlys, orc templar tank
    Wanheda Praimfaya, nord necromancer tank
    Alessia Whitegold, redguard templar 2h/bow DD
    Mitsuro Naztharune, khajiit dragonknight dw/bow DD
    Viannereth, bosmer warden bow/bow DD
    Moraelyn of Ra'athim, dunmer necromancer magicka DD

So long as the dragonfires shall burn, to you, and to all generations, I swear that my Hearts blood shall hold fast the Gates of Oblivion.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You never know when a crap set will become useful. That's why I hold on to any monster set pieces with a good trait.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would keep every monster helm in a decent trait. They change these up from time to time with the balance patches, so you never know what you might want in the future.
  • peoplecallmeleo
    peoplecallmeleo
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above comments you never know when a set will become relevant again or be brought to glory because of a patch. Happens often with so many cry babies crying about sets or their *** builds, Then Zeni releases a patch and BOOM! a set is relevant.
    DC - Redguard Templar Non-op
    DC - Breton MagDK Crafter
    DC - Khajit Gankblade PVP
    DC - Breton Templar Healer PvP
    DC - High Elf MagSorc DPS PVE
    DC - Khajit StamSorc PvP
    DC - Orc DragonKnight Tank PvE
    DC - Dark Elf MagBlade Non-op
    DC - High Elf MagWarden Non-op

All DC All The Time
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, agree with above comments. Keeps divine infused and impen set parts, just in case. We dont know what will happen in next update