The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Broken Spearhead Bugged

sgtpochini
sgtpochini
Soul Shriven
The support team told me to post this on the forums as a bug report. Below was the issue.... I am on a Windows 10 PC...

Captain Kaleen and the optional NPC are invisible. I abandoned and got the quest 3 times with same results... by invisible I mean the quest arrow points there and she is not there. I have watched a guide(youtube link below go to 2:10) and Captain Kaleen should be sitting on a couch in the Stros M’Kai docks.

I am not certain if you guys did anything but the optional objective on the quest is now gone for no reason but the issue is not resolved. I disabled all add-ons, abandoned the quest 4 times, logged off multiple times, did the repair, and reloaded ui.

https://youtu.be/rcYPwJo1hvc?t=75
  • sgtpochini
    sgtpochini
    Soul Shriven
    Update... Captain Kaleen is on the Spearhead ship in Daggerfall. Doesnt help my cause cause I still cannot proceed in quest but I found her...
  • sgtpochini
    sgtpochini
    Soul Shriven
    Started a second character, different class, and picked different story options and same issue....
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi @sgtpochini! We're looking into this. In the meantime, are you able to tell us if you've completed Betnikh yet?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sgtpochini! We're looking into this. In the meantime, are you able to tell us if you've completed Betnikh yet?
    Or, for that matter, have you completed any other quests on Stros M'Kai? The Broken Spearhead is a quest that is designed to lead to other quests, specifically those in Saintsport, Bthzark, and The Grave, so if you've already completed Like Moths to a Candle, Buried Secrets, or Innocent Scoundrel, I don't think The Broken Spearhead can be accepted/completed.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Villainy
    Villainy
    ✭✭
    Same issue here so it seems if I've completed any quest that puts one of her wanted recruits. In her hideaway it moves her there and leaves the quest uncompletable and breaking the subsequent quests so far as I can tell no access to The grave even.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Villainy wrote: »
    Same issue here so it seems if I've completed any quest that puts one of her wanted recruits. In her hideaway it moves her there and leaves the quest uncompletable and breaking the subsequent quests so far as I can tell no access to The grave even.
    If that's the situation you're in, just abandon The Broken Spearhead. If you've already found one of the recruits, the quest is useless.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Villainy
    Villainy
    ✭✭
    well I abandoned it I still don't have access to the Grave nor do I have Jakarn so it breaks the quests after it. I have a redguard toon stuck in the same issue and Its keeping achievements and quests from being done ie blocking progress.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have samething, both for Broken Spearhead and made a new alt and got same issue at Bleakrock island. i hadnt done AD's version of starter series.

problem with these quests, there are other npc offer some tasks ahead of starter quests, then getting broken.
    when we start newer alts, and we end up starting in Vvardenfell and these npcs in other starter zones get out of order.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Villainy wrote: »
    well I abandoned it I still don't have access to the Grave nor do I have Jakarn so it breaks the quests after it. I have a redguard toon stuck in the same issue and Its keeping achievements and quests from being done ie blocking progress.
    If I remember rightly, you can't get into the Grave until you have accepted the quest Innocent Scoundrel from Irien, who is standing somewhere outside. But The Broken Spearhead isn't the issue, as I don't even bother doing that quest any more, and I can still do all the other quests on the island.

Edited by Enodoc on September 12, 2017 10:08PM
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok, i got real odd, was that Innocent Scoundrel repeatable? i already did few weeks ago, and came back again when i had survey map, and saw quest marker on npc, thought i missed a quest, and got it again as later realized that i already did same quest.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracofyre wrote: »
    ok, i got real odd, was that Innocent Scoundrel repeatable? i already did few weeks ago, and came back again when i had survey map, and saw quest marker on npc, thought i missed a quest, and got it again as later realized that i already did same quest.
    It shouldn't be, but sometimes things bug out.
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Broken Spearhead is still quite broken. I completed Betnikh and Stros M'kai long ago, but I picked up The Broken Spearhead quest in some nameless city. I'm EP, if it matters. I figured, ok, it's a zone linking quest - these normally just complete with some gold for turning it in, should be quick. Wrong!

Some screenshots:

Here's the map, with the pointer. Easy enough, right?
    6cQR2ZD.jpg

But when we go there...
    Q80ZaVQ.jpg
    Nothing! Hmm, says the Argonian.

Let's go into town!
    iRf71l7.jpg
    Ok, change of objective, with a new marker (at the spot where the Captain and her crew normally stand, iirc)

1UWWD0b.jpg
    Well, Lambur is talking, but nobody is visible. That's a problem! Where have they all gotten to?

O0bO720.jpg
    Sticking our heads back out of town goes back to the first bogus objective.

pCtjvBz.jpg
    There she is, on her ship! But she won't talk. Come on Captain, I just want to turn in this quest and get it off the books!

Please fix this, ZOS, it's vexing and perplexing, and it's been going on for months.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    The Broken Spearhead is still quite broken. I completed Betnikh and Stros M'kai long ago, but I picked up The Broken Spearhead quest in some nameless city. I'm EP, if it matters. I figured, ok, it's a zone linking quest - these normally just complete with some gold for turning it in, should be quick. Wrong!

Please fix this, ZOS, it's vexing and perplexing, and it's been going on for months.
    Sounds like what they just fixed in Update 16:
    The Broken Spearhead: You will no longer get this quest if you have already completed the crewmembers’ tasks. Instead, you will be pointed to the proper quest you need.