The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A suggestion for a New Campaign

Llyw
Llyw
✭✭✭
With Vivec being pop locked during prime time and all the lag that goes with that. Plus the desire to have a small group campaign. I have this suggestion.
A cp enabled weekly campaign with some very specific rule sets.

1. NO emperor.
This would dissuade the emperor farming of large guild that plagued Haderus. As well as the imbalance that an emperor brings even if in a small group when fighting small groups.

2. The size of the “Large Group” would be reduced to 12.
This then brings it in line with the standard raid group size of the game. It also helps promote a small group set up.

3. A Lion’s Share of Alliance Points
This is to rewarded the group of players/solos who did the most damage+most healing+took most damage in a Player vrs Player aspect of as fight. This does not affect the ap rewards for taking a keep or resource. Everyone would get 6000 or 1500 respectively.
The change is for the bonus for players killed at a resources and keeps both offensive and defensive. It would also affect open world pvp.

Now this is a suggestion but brings back the spirit that Haderus once held I believe.

As for any comments about Battlegrounds doing this. Well we all know how well BGS are performing don't we. This set up is also not in competition with BGs those are very different in goals and rewards.

This is an idea that was tossed around in my small group pvp crew, and I am open to suggestions that would improve this goal.

If folks know how to link this to the Powers that Be to get there attention would do so I would appreciate it, as I do not know how to do that.

This of course will only have a Snowflakes chance in Hell of maybe happening if it gathers a LOT of support from the eso community. And a civil discussion on the Pro’s and possible Con’s is welcomed. It may also help with the lag on Vivec as us small timers would go back to the game they enjoyed playing before we all got mashed together in a campaign we didn't want.

Edited for clarity and grammar.
Edited by Llyw on July 5, 2017 8:02PM
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love coordinating large groups :open_mouth: large 40 man groups dont always mean zergs. I could literally have a 40 man raid with 24 being the main "zerg" while others are capping resources or hitting other areas as distractions. case in point: a larger group gives a commander an easier view of his troops on the battle field

Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Llyw
    Llyw
    ✭✭✭
    I love coordinating large groups :open_mouth: large 40 man groups dont always mean zergs. I could literally have a 40 man raid with 24 being the main "zerg" while others are capping resources or hitting other areas as distractions. case in point: a larger group gives a commander an easier view of his troops on the battle field

Yes my group dislikes the large raid groups that is why I made this thread. And to discourage 2+ 12 person crews running together I suggested point 3.

The point of my post is not to remove any large/zerg groups but to introduce another option that is sorely lacking in my view.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some really good ideas OP...the pvp experience could definitely use some enhancing and change...

reducing group size to 12 did though make me wonder - what would cyro be like with no groups...

although to be honest, about a week or so ago I was playing for a faction wherein it seemed like just about our whole faction was made up of randoms...it was kind of weird...

hmmmm, no groups - probably not a great idea...max size 12, much better...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

24- 40 man groups in balls literally stacked is one of the absurd parts of pvp... I would not have a problem if they were spread out followed real formations... instead of stacking 40 on the crown and lagging the whole server..

spreading out the fighting in my opinion is much more enjoyable ...

Run 12 .. u can do anything on the map with 12 no need to run 24 people stacked ...

Running so many people actually makes you weaker in the long run most of your members never really get better... There are a ton of rank 40+ players on Vivec that do not even know how to play their class...
    Edited by Durham on July 6, 2017 5:20AM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

24- 40 man groups in balls literally stacked is one of the absurd parts of pvp... I would not have a problem if they were spread out followed real formations... instead of stacking 40 on the crown and lagging the whole server..

spreading out the fighting in my opinion is much more enjoyable ...

Run 12 .. u can do anything on the map with 12 no need to run 24 people stacked ...

Running so many people actually makes you weaker in the long run most of your members never really get better... There are a ton of rank 40+ players on Vivec that do not even know how to play their class...

in most large scale pvp games there are 2 strategies:

Line fighting and balls.

In 3 games I have played now, MAGEBALLS are king. unless there is a significant AOE that breaks them up, that *** is nasty. In Archeage, the top guilds run melee or mageballs massive AOE damage with heals in the middle.

The only way to make balls of people NOT effective is to create zerg busting abilities. In archeage, the one way to stop a mageball was either:

1. A bigger better mageball
    2. Imprison.(you basically sacrifice yourself and trap you and 15 other people in a magic barrier for 10 seconds
    Edited by SwampRaider on July 6, 2017 10:50AM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played DAOC if you ran in any type of a ball... you would receive a AOE mezz- then you are bombed ... simple you can't stack... also healers can only heal within a group...that means 8..
    Those fights were spread out (large scale) ..

There was no aoe limit so you had to spread out..... if you ran 40 in tight ball ..your whole group is stunned .. your healers were the ones that cured you CC.. if they are stunned you are dead...

In that game you had to build your groups you needed your group leaders to be competent.. you needed to establish front lines ...everyone in the group had to their jobs... or you died..

I enjoy this games combat ...but strategically that game is so much more...

DAOC is the grandfather of PVP in this game....
    Edited by Durham on July 6, 2017 8:02PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also to each is there own.. but they designed this game to be large scale but they made a mistake it can t handle it... major code changes are needed to make it not lag..

For example healing only affect your group members (12) ...there is no reason to have a 24 man group option...
    Not saying this should happen just an example...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables