Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

[PS4] NPC Side Quest Givers are Underground

NorthRiver515
NorthRiver515
Soul Shriven
I started a new character after Morrowind and most, if not all, the side quest NPCs are buried underground. They aren’t half way buried up to their shoulders as other people have reported in the past, they’re like 10 feet underground. This obviously makes getting the quests from them impossible. There was one NPC like this in Khenarthi’s Roost, but nearly all of them are like this in Auridon. I expect that if I traveled around I would continue to find this issue. It appears to happen primarily for NPCs outside. When I line up my compass with their indicator it shows [Name] (Below) when they should be at ground level, same as me. When I go over to where they should be (more or less) and look down I can actually see the indicator above their head down in the ground. I've restarted the game several times and gone to do some other main quests, but the issue is still there.

*Character name is Bronwyn Ulafiel
*North American Megaserver
*Issue found in Khenarthi's Roost and Auridon so far

Here is what it looks like when I'm approaching an NPC in a town
4229kxqulmu3.jpg

This is where the NPC should be and I can see their indicator about 10 feet underground. The indicator is hard to get a picture of since it flashes, but it would be a little below my cursor.
c8m5o52esmzj.jpg