The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NON CP > CP (In some ways)

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
(PS4) I want a 7 day CP campaign, I didn't earn 730 CP to not use it, and in a MMO more customization is always a good thing.

That said, being forced to play Non-CP I've realized a few things that I like.

1. PEOPLE DIE - I die quicker, you die quicker, everyone dies quicker. You would think No CP would affect offense and defense evenly, it doesn't feel like it. Way too many CP fights end in a draw, those "safe" heavy armor or sheild stacking builds with huge heals that fight for a few minutes, realize no one is going to die aren't near as common in Non-CP. Someone usually dies. That 1 v X video is really earned in Non-CP, most people won't get by on just a good build when outnumbered.

2. NO MORE TROLL TANKS- there are still tanks, and utility tanks still play a big roll.- However, that annoying tank that kites the rocks for 15 minutes, or the guy standing in the corner healing himself with 20 people beating on him long after his group is dead, are close to extinct. Even the two tanks running guard for no purpose other than to be annoying are killable now. Seriously, it wasn't that hard a build to make, and it wasn't that challenging to play well, so I don't miss it.

3. SEIGE IS A ZERG KILLER- Everyone claims to hate the zerg. One of the defining factors of a zerg is a large group outside a keep and no one sets up seige. Now a few organized defenders on a wall who are willing to throw up a few defensive ballistas can shred a group of fools running around aimlessly with no purpose outside your walls.

4. RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IS A SKILL
- It's just harder. There is less room for error, you feel your mistakes more.

5. LESS EXCUSES
- I think a lot of people thought once CP was gone all of a sudden the best players wouldn't be the best players anymore. The appreciation for rotations, practice, putting together the correct armor set, knowing your class, fighting smart etc, can't be denied. You don't have to hear the "
I only have 590 CP and he has 630, that is the only reason he won!"

6. SOLOING A RESOURCE OR KEEP IS NO JOKE- This one might get some feedback, I'm sure some people won't agree this is a good thing, Right now, I can't take a L5 resource in non-CP, and soloing a keep seems near impossible. (I have yet to see anyone do it, I'm sure someone can, just not any of the people who I have seen try) Cyrodil is an MMO War game, was it really mean for one player to take a castle? Now before the solo players start crying, I've seen quite a few good solo players take down a group with the NPC's on their side, that should be some consolation.

This is opinion, I play a lot of PvP in Cyrodil in groups and solo, in CP and non CP. Not trying to troll anyone. In the end, I really think it is important for the long term success of an MMO to keep the characters growing, that is what CP does... I really don't want a "done" character. I often thought even if CP was only 10% of the effect it has now it would be a good thing, but I can't deny I do like some Non-CP things more.
Edited by Crom_CCCXVI on July 5, 2017 1:22PM
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is spot-on. Should resource poisons and proc builds (yes, I'll even admit it to an extent. Even though I don't want NEARLY the heavy-handed nerfs most forum-warriors want to happen to proc builds) be scaled back a little, No-CP would completely leave CP in the dust.

As for soloing keeps: I could do it, and I know people that COULD do it. However it would require that no players respond to the flag. Which they would. Soloing tier 5 guards is very hard, and that is a good thing.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can stay alive on the L5 resource, but I can't break through the healing/negate grid. I would think a Stam Sorc, or Stam Templar might be the best class for that, and I don't have a good one.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can stay alive on the L5 resource, but I can't break through the healing/negate grid. I would think a Stam Sorc, or Stam Templar might be the best class for that, and I don't have a good one.

Don't try and faceroll it. Assuming the resource is uncontested, I normally do this:

1. Go to the tower
    2. Kill the mobile healer and 1-2 guards that follow me.
    3. Go to the second floor and kill the mage guard
    4. Return to the first floor, pick off a flag mender
    5. Heal if neccesary
    6. Finish off the remaining flag guards. Mender > Honorguard > Honorguard

If I have more melee guards aggro on me, use the tower to LOS the flag guards while I kill the melee guards.

Reflect skills are very useful when soloing a resource, since the flag guards do hit relatively hard and have mostly ranged attacks. Bashing menders who are healing your current target is also important.

If another player (or players) attack you, rushing into the tower is the safest option. Guards will not follow you to the top floor, and it's an ideal area to duel other players. If you end up in a 1vX situation (good luck!) kiting around the second floor of the tower is your best hope. (gooood luck!)
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm merely avoiding non-CP because of proctatos. I'm a magicka sorc, so I have little stam and shields do nothing when cced. When a proctato hits me, I'm dead in seconds in non-CP. In CP, I can actually get myself out quickly.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 sorc shields get a forum nerf
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    problem is: one of the big problems people had with CP prior to morrowind was the infinite sustain and imbalanced caused by CP

CP was then balanced and proc set dmg and poisons became prevalent

so now proc sets are being addressed which would return noCP as a more enjoyable pvp aspect HOWEVER - ZOS already kneejerked and took away a noCP campaign that people would might have wanted to play on once proc sets were under control.

gg
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to solo a resource in no cp and just jump into it and all the guards it just takes some work and knowing when to use certain skills & when not to. I practiced when the changes came out until I could do it. My only time I have died on a level 5 resource is either when I get perma-cc'ed & negated at the same time & can't break it or when several defenders show up. I haven't tried soloing a keep or an outpost yet. I want to, I think it can be done there are a lot of if's. The main "if" is if no one show's up or if they do you can kill them quickly without the guards getting on you too. It would be fun to try but right now on Sotha on PC good luck at even taking a resource to farm at without a large number of AD or DC showing up.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I homed on the new 7 day CP enabled campaign last night after 6 months on a noCP campaign and I can say right now, noCP is in my opinion greater than CP.

Primarily with the guards on resources. Its a night and day experience. I can solo a resource and have been able to for months but it takes work and you have to be attentive. I usually end up using a pot or two. I personally use the resource tower to kite enemies and take them out one by one or two by two. It takes work!

On CP, I can just dragon leap in, and heavy attack wrecking blow everything dead. no pots, no kiting, no effort.

So what does this matter? What I found in CP last night, is certain NB Eternal hunt infinite dodge roll specced players can effectively cap all 3 resources and cut off vital transit, then lure you into a resource tower and cloak > burst you down.

yes this is an old trick, but its a trick i have not seen in the last 6 months because it simply doesnt happen on noCP. in noCP you cant use CP to reduce your dodge roll to nothing and still have the dmg output enchanted on your gear. You cant ignore them either because they just cut off transit to 1 of the 2 keeps you own.

Maybe this only happens on a mid to small pop server. but i didnt see this on Almalexia the 3 weeks i was there either. meaning: the noCP guard difficulty was enough of a deterrent OR those kinds of builds dont hold up in noCP.
    Edited by Rickter on July 11, 2017 6:14PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course non-CP is much better. There is also plenty of room to grow your character because all the different sets gives a wealth of potential builds you can play. The only issue with non-CP is that its empty half the time.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love non-CP
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »

Don't try and faceroll it. Assuming the resource is uncontested, I normally do this:

1. Go to the tower
    2. Kill the mobile healer and 1-2 guards that follow me.
    3. Go to the second floor and kill the mage guard
    4. Return to the first floor, pick off a flag mender
    5. Heal if neccesary
    6. Finish off the remaining flag guards. Mender > Honorguard > Honorguard

If I have more melee guards aggro on me, use the tower to LOS the flag guards while I kill the melee guards.

Reflect skills are very useful when soloing a resource, since the flag guards do hit relatively hard and have mostly ranged attacks. Bashing menders who are healing your current target is also important.

If another player (or players) attack you, rushing into the tower is the safest option. Guards will not follow you to the top floor, and it's an ideal area to duel other players. If you end up in a 1vX situation (good luck!) kiting around the second floor of the tower is your best hope. (gooood luck!)

Optional 3.# step. Setup ballista (preferably cold-fire) and blast flag. Use skills during ballista reload, especially the higher the resource level. Consider moving to 1st floor or flag fight when only 2 NPCs remain.
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this isn't a problem anymore, LOL.

Apparently their was a glitch where every guard had every skill, it was removed last update.
  • mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    Downfalls of non-cp campaigns:

1) It is harder and more frustrating when trying to solo resources and keeps than in CP campaigns
    2) Less people join them than in CP campaigns so you need to solo resources and keeps
    Edited by mvffins on July 21, 2017 5:43PM
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mvffins wrote: »
    Downfalls of non-cp campaigns:

1) It is harder and more frustrating when trying to solo resources and keeps than in CP campaigns
    2) Less people join them than in CP campaigns so you need to solo resources and keeps

1. you should not be able to solo these stuff to begin with.... its just the power scalling gone out of hand since they removed the soft caps on stats and added brokenly powerfulls sets... keeps and resources not got adjusted acordingly....

2. allways can find groups never realy need to solo anything....