The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Houses as Armory's... What do you think?

NeillMcAttack
NeillMcAttack
✭✭✭✭✭
Imagine being able to log in to your house on any character and see all your acquired sets displayed on mannequin's, with corresponding weapon racks for that particular set.
At the end of the day sets are the real trophy's, and acquiring them is the real end game.

For me, most of the fun in the game comes from mixing and matching sets to create unique builds to run in all the different content. Sets are used to define the role of your character, and I like to change up that role quite often. I could see myself grabbing tanking sets more often on particular toons and pugging dungeons for undaunted. This would greatly benefit the lack of tanking and healer roles as players have more freedom to diversify, with the ability to plainly see what sets they have acquired and completed, in a manner that marks out clear goals for their time spent in game. Gotta Catch 'UM ALL!!

Now I'm aware that ZOS have stated housing will not get any storage, but this isn't storage per-se. And we can limit it by say, once an item is placed on a rack only other items corresponding to the placed set can be added to that rack. Once an item is placed on a rack it is bound to your account. They could even make it so the rack slots take up your banking slots..... but that would limit ZOS's own benefit....

Yes, I'm aware this could never happen without the ability to monetize it. Well, ZOS could sell the racks in the CS. Say 1,500 crowns per. This is a sure fire way of guaranteeing everyone's monthly quota of ESO+ crowns don't build up. And imagine the amount of houses they would sell also! I can picture myself running up the housing limit pretty quickly and purchasing a house in Rivenspire to display my Necropotence and Vampire Cloak sets, a house in Eastmarch to display my Dragon and Fiord's sets, and so on. So many crown sales.....

Obviously it would only be fair to be able to acquire racks in game also, like through master writ vouchers, but also as rewards. Say, acquiring the flawless conqueror title rewarded you a rack for displaying all your (non-sharpened :p ) Maelstrom weapons. Hard-mode trials awarded mannequins or racks for the sets that drop within and so on again.

So what do we think? Silly Question. Amazing right!! Now how do we convince ZOS that we, even 'they', want this?
Edited by NeillMcAttack on July 8, 2017 12:44PM
PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
@ McAttack in game
Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Key word: monetize
    Yes, I'm aware this could never happen without the ability to monetize it. Well, ZOS could sell the racks in the CS.

Coming soon to a Crown Crate near you!
    Edited by VoodooPlatypus on July 5, 2017 11:42AM
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    If anything is lacking from housing, then it's functionality like this. Just a mannequin that you could equip like a player would already be great. Like the wood ones used to render the crown store pics.
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key word: monetize
    Yes, I'm aware this could never happen without the ability to monetize it. Well, ZOS could sell the racks in the CS.

Coming soon to a Crown Crate near you!

Howdy @VoodooPlatypus
    Didn't know you frequented the forums.

Anyway, I wouldn't even mind if they stuck them in there too, as long as something like this came to the game I would have a reason to purchase a house. And a reason to spend my sub crowns that have been building for over a year now.
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NeillMcAttack
    Usually just when I'm bored or waiting on something at work. And I agree, I'm not actually opposed to it being crown crate obtainable - as long as it's obtainable somehow.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaaah, I could even put all my tanking gear in the little argonian mud hut where tidehunter could dwell...... A man can dream can't he...
    @ McAttack in game
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt sound very useful to me. On my tank I carry a DPS set that I will switch out to for certain bosses where tanking isnt required(Grobul in DC II, Drodda in Direfrost Keep, etc). It takes me maybe a minute to swap my gear. What takes me longer is to switch my skills up, thats closer to 3 minutes. I dont need anything from ZoS in this regard....though an add-on that manages it for me would be nice.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think for those who have no valid reason or incentive to own a home, something like this would be of benefit, @josiahva, though definitely not something every player would find useful or even of interest. I'm keen on housing as it stands now, even without any true use or function. I like the occasional The Sims: Nirn diversion from the rest of what ESO has to offer. Adding an armory option for those who want to display their end-game armor-trophies (instead of or in addition to hideous bronze busts) could incentivize those players into jumping headlong into the gold-sink that housing is.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @josiahva

Yes I get your point of view. But I wanna ask, do you currently have multiple characters? I have 7 I log and play on different occasions. Do you have any reason to purchase a house or multiple houses? Ive bought one for the sole reason of having a free port to mournhold. How many sets do you have? I probably have well over 30 different complete types and many more incomplete. If you were in my position, or perhaps 'when' you get to my position, is a system like the one I've proposed feel like something you could then sink a lot of in-game gold or crowns into?
    @ McAttack in game
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine being able to log in to your house on any character and see all your acquired sets displayed on mannequin's, with corresponding weapon racks for that particular set.
    At the end of the day sets are the real trophy's, and acquiring them is the real end game.

For me, most of the fun in the game comes from mixing and matching sets to create unique builds to run in all the different content. Sets are used to define the role of your character, and I like to change up that role quite often. I could see myself grabbing tanking sets more often on particular toons and pugging dungeons for undaunted. This would greatly benefit the lack of tanking and healer roles as players have more freedom to diversify, with the ability to plainly see what sets they have acquired and completed, in a manner that marks out clear goals for their time spent in game. Gotta Catch 'UM ALL!!

Now I'm aware that ZOS have stated housing will not get any storage, but this isn't storage per-se. And we can limit it by say, once an item is placed on a rack only other items corresponding to the placed set can be added to that rack. Once an item is placed on a rack it is bound to your account. They could even make it so the rack slots take up your banking slots..... but that would limit ZOS's own benefit....

Yes, I'm aware this could never happen without the ability to monetize it. Well, ZOS could sell the racks in the CS. Say 1,500 crowns per. This is a sure fire way of guaranteeing everyone's monthly quota of ESO+ crowns don't build up. And imagine the amount of houses they would sell also! I can picture myself running up the housing limit pretty quickly and purchasing a house in Rivenspire to display my Necropotence and Vampire Cloak sets, a house in Eastmarch to display my Dragon and Fiord's sets, and so on. So many crown sales.....

Obviously it would only be fair to be able to acquire racks in game also, like through master writ vouchers, but also as rewards. Say, acquiring the flawless conqueror title rewarded you a rack for displaying all your (non-sharpened :p ) Maelstrom weapons. Hard-mode trials awarded mannequins or racks for the sets that drop within and so on again.

So what do we think? Silly Question. Amazing right!! Now how do we convince ZOS that we, even 'they', want this?

This 1000x. The biggest disappointment ever was finding out housing had no storage and couldn't even display armor.

• Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    I concur, it's a jolly spiffing idea old bean.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And then someone at zos presses "ctrl" and all mannequins suddenly erase the displayed armor followed by 2 years of no eta fix
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have furnishings been disappearing from homes? Or are you making jest at the "surprise" changes that occurred to some?
    @ McAttack in game
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea! :)
    And honestly, I wouldn't even be using the mannequins for showing off stuff.. I'd just want to be able to try on the different mixes and matches of styles, to see what looks nice. I see people creating some amazing combos on ESO Fashion, but my chars always look like they dressed while drunk and in the dark. :p
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked that feature in skyrim and it would be nice if there was something similar in eso but its not on top of my list :smile:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole lack or armory and storage is the main thing why I just don't care about housing. However if they tired selling me armor/weapon rack for crowns, I would still go on ignoring it. It's just lame buying stuff instead of earning it with either looting or crafting or some such.

Sure ESO+ members should have the ability to put more racks in their houses to promote subscribing.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • IrishRoyalty1124
    @MjolnirVilkas you get to put twice the amount of items in your house for having eso plus so that makes sense.
  • ashphillips12b16_ESO
    ashphillips12b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I doubt this would ever happen sadly I would just be happy if they sold us a mannequin house item for full set of crafted gear that you could say buy when you unlock a full motif book or something that alone would be awesome or have it so we can make individual place-able armor pieces and weapons like you see in the over world, at least that would get motif styles an additional purpose
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having your othet toons available as placeable NPCs would solve this.
    You could access their inventories using same withdraw/deposit system as banker and they could display whatever armor you last had equiped on them just like the character select screen
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Having your othet toons available as placeable NPCs would solve this.
    You could access their inventories using same withdraw/deposit system as banker and they could display whatever armor you last had equiped on them just like the character select screen

That would be awesome, I always imagined if I were to buy one of the big homes I would have areas themed around each of my characters. For example my khajiit has all the DB and TG achievements so he would be sitting next to his piles of gold and sit his shrine, my main would have the skyshard, and Argonian could have his Argonian themed corner with monster heads and such. Anyway, I don't see the point without the characters themselves.

Though I don't feel this alone would sway many to wish to invest in housing as the ability to display the countless number of armour sets would. Houses would become genuine goals of players with this I feel.
    @ McAttack in game