Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New character, no main questline. HELP

killajay72191
killajay72191
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I just made a new character, And i did not start out in coldharbor. From what ive heard the main questline is important for skill points etc. Is this supposed to happen? I think i stated out in morrowind. Plus i have been playing for a bit on the new character (level 4) and still don't have my racial skill line either. and can someone help me, are these things supposed to happen?
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't get a quest to go to the harborage? Speak with the prophet and what not?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed it so new characters start in Vvardenfell if you own Morrowind. They also change how skill trees appear to attempt to make it less daunting for new players. I think racial skills open at level 5.

You can travel to your alliance's first zone and a hooded character will offer you a quest to start the original main quest lines of you prefer to start there.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you take a wayshrine to one of the main cities of your alliance, a hooded woman will approach you immediately to give you the "Wailing Prison" quest. This is the main quest-line. :)

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 5, 2017 12:05AM
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    See also: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4217188#Comment_4217188

"You need to go to the starting city for your alliance and you'll get the start of the quest there from a hooded figure to go see the benefactor."
    "An NPC "Hooded Figure" will appear somewhere in each zone you are/city. Their original location are docks in first significant zones (Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls). Talking to them starts "Soulshrvien in Coldharbour" quest"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your racial skill line will unlock at level 5.

By the way you also need to unlock weapon and armor skill lines - weapon lines unlock when you kill something with that weapon and armour lines when you wear 3 pieces of that type of armour.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugXoF4C.jpg

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    --Edited out dumb meme so we don't have to see it twice--
    This is the "Players Helping Players" section. If you'd rather post dumb memes than actually give any real help, then go away.

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 5, 2017 12:08AM
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »
    --Edited out dumb meme so we don't have to see it twice--
    This is the "Players Helping Players" section. If you'd rather post dumb memes than actually give any real help, then go away.

I absolutely agree. It's not helpful at all and only shows the author's failure at being a member of the community -- it's toxic.

To answer the OP question - you need to talk to the hooded figure in your first "home" city after you leave Vvardenfell. You need to lose your soul to do Wailing Prison - starting off in Vvardenfell you still have it. For reference you can check the Patch Notes for more information or one of the various ESO wiki's.